My New C250 Coupe and European Delivery (Full Pics on Page 3)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
My New C250 Coupe and European Delivery (Full Pics on Page 3)

I'm currently in Germany right now driving my new C250 Coupe that I picked up yesterday at the Mercedes-Benz Kudencenter in Sindelfingen.

Here is the configuration of the coupe, virtually every option was picked:

Here are some quick shots from my iPhone. Better pictures will follow probably when I get back to the states.

Just about to take delivery:

Outside the factory/Welcome Center:

In the parking garage of the Mercedes-Benz Museum:

In front of the hotel in Hinterzarten:

Initial opinions on the car as I've already driven it 200 or so miles on the Autobahn through Germany and parts of France... I love it. The special order dynamic handling package is a must. The steering is great, probably the best steering feel of an MB I've driven in a while. Yes, it doesn't have that much power, but it's more than enough. The new turbo engine has more power than my supercharged 1.8 in my 2005 C230. I hit about 135mph on the Autobahn with no problems (and I was ginger with the throttle too, no flooring at all). The electronics are phenomenal, the lane tracking and blind spot are pretty cool, the navigation system is probably the best I've used so far. The new instrument cluster/gauge is fantastic and so is the steering wheel. My only complaint is that the brakes SUCK.

I've owned a 1997 C280, a 2005 C230 (still have it) and now this. The w202 and w203 were both bought new and 100,000 miles were put on both. This is the best C-Class to date.

Germany is beautiful and the people are very nice and helpful. The food is fantastic.

I'll post more pics and other opinions hopefully soon.

Last edited by nlpamg; 09-16-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Thanks for the pics! mine should be pretty much the same minus headlights and drive assist package. It must be nice to take your new mb on autobahn! So, you will now use a third party company to ship the car to US? would you have to pay duty?
Old 09-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Brav0
Thanks for the pics! mine should be pretty much the same minus headlights and drive assist package. It must be nice to take your new mb on autobahn! So, you will now use a third party company to ship the car to US? would you have to pay duty?
Thanks!

Somewhat a third party, MB is handling all of the shipping back and it will still go through the PDC like all the other new MB's. I will not have to pay a duty.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:05 PM

2012 C250 Coupe
would there be any money savings on the car with europian delivery? or did you just want to drive it around in Germany? just curious...
Old 09-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Brav0
would there be any money savings on the car with europian delivery? or did you just want to drive it around in Germany? just curious...
7% off of MSRP for US buyers. Some of the dealers I've spoken to in So. Cal. said that they would try to sell the C-Coupe at MSRP when it first came out, so I didn't have to worry about any of that.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C250,GLK350
Good looking car! If you find your way to Munich go try the Dunkel at Augustiner Brau, its my favorite German beer.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DCubed
Good looking car! If you find your way to Munich go try the Dunkel at Augustiner Brau, its my favorite German beer.
Thanks! I'll be in Munich on the 21st, so I will look for it.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:09 PM

2012 C350 Coupe (on order)
Sweet photos! Now I'm even more anxious to see mine.

Too bad there's no autobahn to really go fast in US.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:16 PM

Does it come with a little rear spoiler?
Old 09-16-2011, 03:43 PM

C300
nice pictures nlpamg!

please take pictures of the gorgeous interior and also shots of the rear as well whenever you get a chance!

enjoy the rest of your stay in Germany!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Wow nice to see the beauty. I am surprised about the brakes why do you say they suck.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:11 PM

Yea I'm curious about how the brake sucks too. Mercedes usually have decent brakes. On the other hand, I'm glad the dynamic handling package was worth the money because I paid for it even though I can't find any OFFICIAL spec on exactly what it does on mbusa.com.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by nlpamg
I'm currently in Germany right now driving my new C250 Coupe that I picked up yesterday at the Mercedes-Benz Kudencenter in Sindelfingen.

Here is the configuration of the coupe, virtually every option was picked:

Here are some quick shots from my iPhone. Better pictures will follow probably when I get back to the states.

Just about to take delivery:

Outside the factory/Welcome Center:

In the parking garage of the Mercedes-Benz Museum:

In front of the hotel in Hinterzarten:

Initial opinions on the car as I've already driven it 200 or so miles on the Autobahn through Germany and parts of France... I love it. The special order dynamic handling package is a must. The steering is great, probably the best steering feel of an MB I've driven in a while. Yes, it doesn't have that much power, but it's more than enough. The new turbo engine has more power than my supercharged 1.8 in my 2005 C230. I hit about 135mph on the Autobahn with no problems (and I was ginger with the throttle too, no flooring at all). The electronics are phenomenal, the lane tracking and blind spot are pretty cool, the navigation system is probably the best I've used so far. The new instrument cluster/gauge is fantastic and so is the steering wheel. My only complaint is that the brakes SUCK.

I've owned a 1997 C280, a 2005 C230 (still have it) and now this. The w202 and w203 were both bought new and 100,000 miles were put on both. This is the best C-Class to date.

Germany is beautiful and the people are very nice and helpful. The food is fantastic.

I'll post more pics and other opinions hopefully soon.
Man, I may not end up being able to get this thing by December. I love the look though. We'll see how things go.

Thanks for posting up the pics, bro. I'm jealous.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
I remember when we waited for our cars together nlpamg! Sadly, I couldn't wait 2 more weeks! I bought my E350 and a week and a half later, my C class arrived earlier than expected...

Anyways, congratulations!!!! The LED C shapes in the headlights look awesome!
Old 09-17-2011, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by luminus
Sweet photos! Now I'm even more anxious to see mine.

Too bad there's no autobahn to really go fast in US.
haha, you'll have yours in no time and you'll have more than enough room to open it up. Just don't do what that guy with the M6 did in Washington.

Does it come with a little rear spoiler?
No, it doesn't. It's an accessory that is installed at the port that I'm still not sure about getting.

Speaking of accessories at the port, the iPod cable is installed at the port, so I've been listing to German radio and the 10 songs or so on my iPhone that I'm streaming over bluetooth. The sound system sounds pretty good.

Originally Posted by taylorswift13
nice pictures nlpamg!

please take pictures of the gorgeous interior and also shots of the rear as well whenever you get a chance!

enjoy the rest of your stay in Germany!
Thanks! I'll try to post up some pics soon. I was impressed by the deviated stitching on the seats. Black seats with white stitching, I didn't know they were like that, but I really dig it.

Here's a pic of my steering wheel and cluster with the car trying to assist me parking in Strasbourg, France:

Originally Posted by samaritrey
Wow nice to see the beauty. I am surprised about the brakes why do you say they suck.
Thanks, Trey!

Yea I'm curious about how the brake sucks too. Mercedes usually have decent brakes. On the other hand, I'm glad the dynamic handling package was worth the money because I paid for it even though I can't find any OFFICIAL spec on exactly what it does on mbusa.com.
When I was reading the specs, I was a little apprehensive about how small the brakes were. When I saw them in person, I was shocked, they're PUNY. I thought "well, the MB engineers know what they're doing." But, driving it, not so much. I need additional stopping distance and more pedal pressure to get it to stop. Maybe I'm a little biased b/c of the M5 and GT-R, but my C230 with 19's stops quicker. Or, maybe I need to get used to this car some more. I've somewhat cooked the brakes on the autobahn (going from a zone with no speed limit down to construction zones with speed limits really puts a strain on them) and the brakes seem like they're holding up fine. Nevertheless, I'm still giving the car some additional distance and time to brake.

Originally Posted by drexappeal
Man, I may not end up being able to get this thing by December. I love the look though. We'll see how things go.

Thanks for posting up the pics, bro. I'm jealous.
Thanks! It'll be in LA in about 6-8 weeks and you can check it out and drive it then.

Now, you're going to have to change your sig, lol.

Originally Posted by amaycg
I remember when we waited for our cars together nlpamg! Sadly, I couldn't wait 2 more weeks! I bought my E350 and a week and a half later, my C class arrived earlier than expected...

Anyways, congratulations!!!! The LED C shapes in the headlights look awesome!
lol, yup. Man, two weeks isn't too long! I really didn't need the car and planned this as part of a vacation, so the waiting all worked out.

Thanks! The C shapes are pretty cool, but not as bright as I thought they would be.

Last edited by nlpamg; 09-17-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
My only complaint is that the brakes SUCK.
When I was reading the specs, I was a little apprehensive about how small the brakes were. When I saw them in person, I was shocked, they're PUNY. I thought "well, the MB engineers know what they're doing." But, driving it, not so much. I need additional stopping distance and more pedal pressure to get it to stop. I've somewhat cooked the brakes on the autobahn (going from a zone with no speed limit down to construction zones with speed limits really puts a strain on them) and the brakes seem like they're holding up fine.
Did you not bed in your brakes? New pads and rotors might take a little while.

Enjoy the food and beer.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Your other new Coupe also looks great, nlpamg! An excellent stable you've assembled.
Wishing for you many rewarding miles.

edit: USC is beating up on Syracuse. Enjoy a refreshing hefeweizen in the fatherland on me. :cheers:
Old 09-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a video of me driving the car on the autobahn at about 130mph:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0eQW9S9L3o

I still have not floored the car at all. 130 and 140 was achieved at no more than half throttle. Car runs strong!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Did you not bed in your brakes? New pads and rotors might take a little while.

Enjoy the food and beer.
Thanks, Andy! I have been enjoying myself way too much!

Originally Posted by splinter
Your other new Coupe also looks great, nlpamg! An excellent stable you've assembled.
Wishing for you many rewarding miles.

edit: USC is beating up on Syracuse. Enjoy a refreshing hefeweizen in the fatherland on me.
Thank you, John! You read my mind! That is exactly what I wanted to know!
Old 09-18-2011, 01:23 PM

2012 BMW F30 (328i) Sport Line
Hey Phil!

Congrats on the coupe it looks gorgeous! I hope you are enjoying your car/trip so far. When you get a chance would you mind taking some interior pictures? I haven't had the chance to see a coupe in RL and having some candid photos would really be beneficial Thanks and congrats again!

Ryan
Old 09-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Here are a couple additional pictures:

A rear shot for taylorswift13:

(Pic was taken in Austria)

A shot inside the hotel I'm staying at in Austria's parking garage:

Originally Posted by Ryan9095
Hey Phil!

Congrats on the coupe it looks gorgeous! I hope you are enjoying your car/trip so far. When you get a chance would you mind taking some interior pictures? I haven't had the chance to see a coupe in RL and having some candid photos would really be beneficial Thanks and congrats again!

Ryan
Thanks, Ryan! Will do. Anything in particular? And, you'll have to excuse the pics b/c the inside of the car is pretty dirty after having done so much driving in such a short amount of time.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:01 PM

Phil, you're welcome :] and don't worry about it she still looks beautiful! I'm contemplating between ordering the Navi package which upgrades the screen from 5.8 to 7"... not sure if it's worth it? (what do you have). If you don't mind pictures of the dash, console, navi screen, interior door, and a seat would be AMAZING! (basically any interior shots haha)

Congrats again and keep enjoying the trip looks beautiful!
Old 09-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Enjoy the food and beer.
Thanks, Andy! I have been enjoying myself way too much!
Haha. You had been warned. Haha

A shot inside the hotel I'm staying at in Austria's parking garage:

Start saving. I know you'll want your garage at home to look like that one some day.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Carrara White Metallic Porsche Cayman
My garage does look like that..
Old 09-18-2011, 09:21 PM

Mine Dad's kinda does? :P
Attached Thumbnails My New C250 Coupe and European Delivery (Full Pics on Page 3)-amazing-garage.jpg  
Old 09-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Mine Dad's kinda does? :P
damn, that's ballin!

Phil, you're welcome :] and don't worry about it she still looks beautiful! I'm contemplating between ordering the Navi package which upgrades the screen from 5.8 to 7"... not sure if it's worth it? (what do you have). If you don't mind pictures of the dash, console, navi screen, interior door, and a seat would be AMAZING! (basically any interior shots haha)

Congrats again and keep enjoying the trip looks beautiful!
I believe I have the 7" screen. Even then it seems kinda small.

Haha. You had been warned. Haha

Start saving. I know you'll want your garage at home to look like that one some day.
haha, yup!

I'm in Austria now and it's snowing, lol. How the hell am I supposed to drive an RWD car with no chains down this mountain?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2DvP...ture=autoshare

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New C250 Coupe and European Delivery (Full Pics on Page 3)