Flamenco Red Interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250CDI Coupe
Originally Posted by ImInPA
Tharsis, you are mistaken about the platforms of your golf and Audi. The drivetrains are completely different. The golf uses a transverse mounted engine, the audi uses a longitudinally mounted engine like a rear drive car. The Golf and A3 share platforms and drivetrain layouts.
Ahh well that's what you get for listening to a random person who told me that once (i'm more electronically minded than mechanical so i saw dual clutch and assumed he was right). Anywhere I can reference this info so i can learn from this experience?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:22 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
^^^ Different drivetrain layout/arrangement, same drivetrain harware
Old 11-07-2011, 09:28 PM

C250CDI Coupe
Originally Posted by AV1
^^^ Different drivetrain layout/arrangement, same drivetrain harware
riiiiigt .... ok nitpicking then.. cool i get that....
Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by tharsis
riiiiigt .... ok nitpicking then.. cool i get that....
No, I was actually wanting to say that they are more the same than not, ie. VW and Audi vehicles as they're composed from the same parts bin and have been for decades, not that there's anything wrong with that
Old 11-07-2011, 11:58 PM

C250CDI Coupe
Originally Posted by AV1
No, I was actually wanting to say that they are more the same than not, ie. VW and Audi vehicles as they're composed from the same parts bin and have been for decades, not that there's anything wrong with that
Sorry AV i was referring to ImInPA's comment, if it's the same parts it's hardly justified saying it's "completely different" it's the same parts plugged in a different way, i understand that there's probably some minuscule but measurable benefit for mounting the hardware in such a fashion but still.... hehe all good, passionate people in cars is good, it's why i'm here, trying to learn (have my "petrol head" L plates on).
Old 11-08-2011, 01:31 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Sorry AV i was referring to ImInPA's comment, if it's the same parts it's hardly justified saying it's "completely different" it's the same parts plugged in a different way, i understand that there's probably some minuscule but measurable benefit for mounting the hardware in such a fashion but still.... hehe all good, passionate people in cars is good, it's why i'm here, trying to learn (have my "petrol head" L plates on).
TBH that was my original reaction also on this subject and hence my cheeky initial comment

As said no harm
Old 11-08-2011, 06:34 PM

C250CDI Coupe
Say AV1 & DL250, do you guys know if the car takes slim or normal euro plates?

Just saw a name i liked debating if i want it now or not lol.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:57 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Say AV1 & DL250, do you guys know if the car takes slim or normal euro plates?

Just saw a name i liked debating if i want it now or not lol.
AFAIK on the C Class you should be able to fit the full size Euro plate on the rear, but only slimline on the front.

IMHO I'm not a fan of the full sized Euro plates, they are enormous and look strange, all of mine are slimline for both front and rear applications and look fantastic
Old 11-09-2011, 12:45 AM

C250CDI Coupe
Originally Posted by AV1
AFAIK on the C Class you should be able to fit the full size Euro plate on the rear, but only slimline on the front.

IMHO I'm not a fan of the full sized Euro plates, they are enormous and look strange, all of mine are slimline for both front and rear applications and look fantastic
I agree smaller euros look better (looked at them today)

Decided against it, as I don't think i'd ever pick up a girl with plates like this ever lol, turns out on vic euro "v Jedi" is available as a plate. Reason i'm posting this is because i'm sure someone will buy it and therefore completely remove the temptation for me to get it! haha

sigh 2 months till i get the new car (to the day)
Old 11-09-2011, 01:05 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
I agree smaller euros look better (looked at them today)

Decided against it, as I don't think i'd ever pick up a girl with plates like this ever lol, turns out on vic euro "v Jedi" is available as a plate. Reason i'm posting this is because i'm sure someone will buy it and therefore completely remove the temptation for me to get it! haha

sigh 2 months till i get the new car (to the day)
Your a starwars fan tharsis, each to their own with custom plates I suppose.

Although I have seen one which made me LMFAO, was a burgandy EF Falcon sedan with 'JAFFA' on his plates, might as well have had 'GOAULD' as he was an obvious stargate freak with stargate stickers all over the back window as well

2 months to go will cuse sleepless nights, hope your hanging in there, I'll most probably be in the same boat soon
Old 11-09-2011, 05:07 AM

c coupe
My car is Calcite white with red flamenco interior. I have to tell you i never had a thought in my mind to get red interior before but the first time i saw it, i fell in love right away. It's not the fresh red i thought it was. It's more of a dark red. You have to see it with your own eyes and you will love it!

Old 11-09-2011, 08:52 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Tiger Oud
My car is Calcite white with red flamenco interior. I have to tell you i never had a thought in my mind to get red interior before but the first time i saw it, i fell in love right away. It's not the fresh red i thought it was. It's more of a dark red. You have to see it with your own eyes and you will love it!

That is awesome just beautiful.

Agree too in real life from what I've seen here in Australia, the flamenco red interior looks much darker than in those pics, more like a burgandy red

I'm all set on diamond white myself, but the calcite white is growing on me, whereas at first it looked a little yellow-ish, I'm now used to it.

Last edited by AV1; 11-09-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:20 AM

VW Golf GTD
Originally Posted by AV1
That is awesome just beautiful.

Agree too in real life from what I've seen here in Australia, the flamenco red interior looks much darker than in those pics, more like a burgandy red

I'm all set on diamond white myself, but the calcite white is growing on me, whereas at first it looked a little yellow-ish, I'm now used to it.
G'day AV1 I'm also in the market for a C250 coupe in the next 3 - 6 months and I too am located in Melbourne, Australia. Any idea what the diamond white costs???
Old 11-21-2011, 02:37 AM

VW Golf MKVI 118TSI and C250 CDI Coupe (on order)
I've missed all the conversation as of late!
I've always assumed the normal sized euro plates fitted the car as I actually prefer full size but guess this means I'll have to reconsider. Lol speaking of 'interesting' custom plate choices the ones mentioned here are much less contentious than some I've seen on the road. V Jedi is actually quite funny or V Yoda lol.

Britboy, nice to meet you. Guess that makes 4 of us in Melb now!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:13 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Britboy
G'day AV1 I'm also in the market for a C250 coupe in the next 3 - 6 months and I too am located in Melbourne, Australia. Any idea what the diamond white costs???
Originally Posted by DL250
I've missed all the conversation as of late!
I've always assumed the normal sized euro plates fitted the car as I actually prefer full size but guess this means I'll have to reconsider. Lol speaking of 'interesting' custom plate choices the ones mentioned here are much less contentious than some I've seen on the road. V Jedi is actually quite funny or V Yoda lol.

Britboy, nice to meet you. Guess that makes 4 of us in Melb now!
Hello Britboy and g'day again DL250 rego plates are a personal choice, go for whichever you prefer best

AFAIK we're up to 5 Melbournians now on this C204 forum section, should make for an excellent C204 Melbourne mini meet sometime in the future

As for the diamond white cost here in Aust. it'll incure the typical extra metallic duco option cost - that much I know, how much it is I don't recall, will try look it up in my notes when I get the chance unless someone else knows.

Your acquisition timing sounds similar to what DL250 and myself are also looking at, so there may be the possibility of achieving a worthwhile discount if we narrow it down and source from the same dealership when the time comes
Old 11-22-2011, 12:57 AM

VW Golf MKVI 118TSI and C250 CDI Coupe (on order)
Off the top of my head, the diamond white paint was around $2900, whereas the usual metallic paint is around $2000.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:32 AM

VW Golf GTD
Originally Posted by AV1
Hello Britboy and g'day again DL250 rego plates are a personal choice, go for whichever you prefer best

AFAIK we're up to 5 Melbournians now on this C204 forum section, should make for an excellent C204 Melbourne mini meet sometime in the future

As for the diamond white cost here in Aust. it'll incure the typical extra metallic duco option cost - that much I know, how much it is I don't recall, will try look it up in my notes when I get the chance unless someone else knows.

Your acquisition timing sounds similar to what DL250 and myself are also looking at, so there may be the possibility of achieving a worthwhile discount if we narrow it down and source from the same dealership when the time comes
Sorry not been on here for last couple of days - do you really think we could force a discount if we clubbed together?? I like the sound of that...just in regards to diamond white - has anyone seen a Mercedes in this colour recently? There's an E coupe in my road in Diamond White and I reckon it looks quite different to the Calcite white. If you can't afford the extra I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it because the Calcite is quite a nice white but if you can afford the extra money to get diamond I think its well worth it - brighter white and shiny especially in sunlight..sorry someone may have said the same previously...
Old 11-25-2011, 12:34 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Britboy
Sorry not been on here for last couple of days - do you really think we could force a discount if we clubbed together?? I like the sound of that...just in regards to diamond white - has anyone seen a Mercedes in this colour recently? There's an E coupe in my road in Diamond White and I reckon it looks quite different to the Calcite white. If you can't afford the extra I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it because the Calcite is quite a nice white but if you can afford the extra money to get diamond I think its well worth it - brighter white and shiny especially in sunlight..sorry someone may have said the same previously...
Hello Britboy, re: discount/s from multiple purchases at the same time from the same dealer - what the MB dealer I've dealt with so far advised me was it could be a 2-3k saving each way or free dealer delivery or maybe free scheduled servicing for the 3 year warranty period thrown in, either way something along those lines will be offered, we'll know exactly what we can get when it comes time to pull the trigger

Re: diamond white C Class coupes, yes I've seen a couple now and plenty of other models in this colour, in my eyes from a distance and in overcast conditions it looks very similar to calcite white, however up close under sunlight or other bright lighting in say a showroom it looks distinctly brighter and 'whiter' the calcite white is a more yellow-ish white if that makes sense when put next to the diamond white.

The calcite 'solid' white does look good regardless and agree no one could go wrong with either shade/type of white.

I currently own another vehicle in a pearl white which looks very similar to the MB diamond white and its really grown on me, so that'll be my colour of choice if I acquire a C Class coupe