Anyone from Australia drive the new C Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
Not to mention the way the control surround glows orange at night. Looks way cool.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:50 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by jkyriakou
Not to mention the way the control surround glows orange at night. Looks way cool.
Nice, I'm looking forward to that

Ambient lighting is always a nice touch and Euro car makers have been doing a good job with it.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:09 AM

C250CDI Coupe
I Finally have my car!!!

Just took delivery of it this afternoon. so no longer in the waiting bucket, no promoted to owner.

THe "red" leather is fantastic, better than I remember, red plus black or palladium looks totally classy, love it.

I'll post photos tomorrow if the weather holds out and i get home in time to catch some sun...

So far the driving experience is fantastic, totally massive difference between "sport" mode and not. great fun to drive.

One funny experience so far with the xenon lights, was driving down a hill so i was higher than the car in front of me so i guess the lights were shining in his back window a bit, he slowed right down (in another lane) and then got behind me to flash his headlights, thanks to the auto dimming in the rear-view I didn't even realise for the first few minutes, but I guess the bright blue may annoy some cars in front. When on a flat road or going up hill the light line is well below the rear window of most cars I was behind. I'll have to work out if I can adjust the height of the lights or something if it starts bothing people.

So many toys to play with in the thing, it picked up my android phone no issue (not tried internet features yet) and downloaded the address-book without any issue, including addresses and other details. Plugged in the old iPhone as well (in perminant aeroplane mode as there's no sim and i use it like an Ipod), cables came with the car no issue there either, album art everything works like a baught one. Yet to try bluetooth streaming from the Android, so hopefully that works and see if it charges the android from the USB socket.
HK audio system is fantasic, much more impressive once you get to play with it.

No complaints at all, would have loved full electric memory seats tho, i can see the point of that now, but still better than the manual options like in my old golf, the "puddle" lights at night are super bright & look great.

Overall it's been a real dream to drive, haven't got the seat just right yet, need to play with it some more, still bang my head on the roof (i'm 6'1") if i'm not careful.

Update more later...
Old 01-09-2012, 05:18 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Awesome tharsis - Congrats

All you've stated just makes me want my C250 CDI even more now, hopefully it won't get too painful having to wait another 3 months

Enjoy your new pride and joy and I'm sure I'll be asking you many questions about all the gadgets once I get a hold of mine
Old 01-10-2012, 07:07 AM

C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
If you have the intelligent lights you can set the stalk to the main beam position (high beam) and the adaptive light system kicks in.

This uses a camera on the windscreen to determine the distance of the car in front and adjusts the levels accordingly.

It's awesome driving on the motorway as you can see the lights continually adjusting to give maximum visibility.

Everything you said about the car. So true. My experience has been the same. As for the three month wait....as it gets closer it becomes agony. I can remember obsessing over google to see if there were any new articles on the car till the day I was delivered.

jk
Old 01-10-2012, 07:11 AM

Ps. I recommend 15% tint all the way. matched the factory privacy tint and is still drive able (barely!)

Just got mine done on the weekend. Now debaging left to do...
I'll post some pics up when I get a chance

jk
Old 01-10-2012, 07:26 AM

C250CDI Coupe
I'm unsure on the tint, the rear is dark enough but in most situations i haven't seen the visual need to do it yet, but i'm going to let it continue to sink in that i actually own this beast and ponder changes as I go.
Fairly likely i'll de-badge it at least partially ASAP. I like that it's an efficient car but it doesn't need to scream it with the blue efficiency badges for example.

JK, did you notice there's a key slot in near the LED lights on the boot? I wasn't given a "normal" key that this appears to accept, did you? As for you checking reviews, hell so was i, youtube and google news search with a monthly filter were my best friends for toooooo long.

Still coming to grips with all the toys, BT streaming worked flawlessly, sammy android worked with command online too so all good so far. Testing the USB port for charging the droid phone tomorrow.
Note the "phone holder" under the arm rest is FAR too small to contain a Samsung Galaxy phone, doubt it'd hold much at all, seems to be built for rather small phones! Not a complaint, i'll use it for holding receipts or something useful.
My initial observation of not feeling "part" of the car like i did in the TT have completely evaporated as well, the car is actually rather "cosy" and it drives so damn well can't help but grin every time i'm behind the wheel.

Enjoy waiting AV1! hehe
I'll take some snaps tomorrow morning.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by tharsis
I'm unsure on the tint, the rear is dark enough but in most situations i haven't seen the visual need to do it yet, but i'm going to let it continue to sink in that i actually own this beast and ponder changes as I go.
Fairly likely i'll de-badge it at least partially ASAP. I like that it's an efficient car but it doesn't need to scream it with the blue efficiency badges for example.

JK, did you notice there's a key slot in near the LED lights on the boot? I wasn't given a "normal" key that this appears to accept, did you? As for you checking reviews, hell so was i, youtube and google news search with a monthly filter were my best friends for toooooo long.

Still coming to grips with all the toys, BT streaming worked flawlessly, sammy android worked with command online too so all good so far. Testing the USB port for charging the droid phone tomorrow.
Note the "phone holder" under the arm rest is FAR too small to contain a Samsung Galaxy phone, doubt it'd hold much at all, seems to be built for rather small phones! Not a complaint, i'll use it for holding receipts or something useful.
My initial observation of not feeling "part" of the car like i did in the TT have completely evaporated as well, the car is actually rather "cosy" and it drives so damn well can't help but grin every time i'm behind the wheel.

Enjoy waiting AV1! hehe
I'll take some snaps tomorrow morning.
You will be enjoying as am I! The "normal" key is contained in the key fob. Just pull back on the small black button on the end and the key "ring" will come apart. Also used to lock the glove box.

I did the tint as the factory black was good but the side windows being clear bothered me. Now hey all match. Even my wife commented after it was done that it looked very cool. First time she said that about any of my cars!

The best part for me...enabling the music search function of linguatronic and loading up the hdd. Just ask for a song and it will play it! Just finished programming some voice tags for the nav. Very cool to be asking the nav where I want to go. Only problem...10gb is not enough..lucky for USBs. (ps the music search works for USB too)

Enjoy. So many toys to play with...
Old 01-10-2012, 07:48 AM

2012c 350 coupec
Hi all
Picked up my c350 coupe with Amg sports package 2 weeks ago. Great car, love it ! Will post some pics soon. I've got the Amg sports suspension but I still think it sits a little high. Has anyone considered a lowering kit?
Old 01-10-2012, 04:34 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Congrats Charlie

You guys above are making me crave even more now LOL.

tharsis, I too was previously into the Audi TT but this vehicle is way better.

I just knew from my test drives impressions that I'd grow to love this car even more when actually driving it all the time, you guys have confirmed that

Regarding tint I too am still at odds as what to do about it on the front windows, I love the OEM privacy rear treatment but I'm of the opinion the front door glass will look too dark (and be illegal here in Aust.) in order to match the rest of the car and certainly would not like to leave it as is either, I'll have to decide one way or another when the time comes

Hope you guys continue to enjoy your new pride and joy
Old 01-12-2012, 07:20 PM

GLC 63s
I just got a call from the Merc dealer....my original date of delivery was the 31st of March, it has now been pushed out to Mid May!!!

Not happy - unsure what to do now, i mean i placed the order in November 2011. Is this car worth a 6 month wait!?
Old 01-12-2012, 07:59 PM

C250CDI Coupe
Originally Posted by Marzwest
I just got a call from the Merc dealer....my original date of delivery was the 31st of March, it has now been pushed out to Mid May!!!

Not happy - unsure what to do now, i mean i placed the order in November 2011. Is this car worth a 6 month wait!?
Man that sucks, It was bad enough for me where I waited 4 months with a date changing by a few days every time i rang (forward and back). Honestly though, this being my first week, the car is simply amasing, really am warming up to it more and more all the time.

Is it worth it? Hard to say as it's so subjective, if your current ride is driveable and you're still enjoying it then you should be ok and as hard as it was to wait i think it was.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:48 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Marzwest

IMHO it is worth the wait, the important thing to know if possible is exactly what date it will be that way your prepared

I just got a call earlier (and wrote it up in a new thread) that my C Class will go into production this month and should be delivered by end if March to early April - hopefully those dates are set, but if it blows out I won't be too worried

I'd speculate and say that if yours is going to be delivered at the above mentioned date, you may well have got yourself a 2012 build vehicle which is a good thing
Old 10-16-2012, 01:16 AM

2012 C250CDI Coupe VP1 AMG pack
CDI all the way

Hi Ausies,
I took delivery of C250 CDI w/-AMG and AV1 packs white with red interior about 2 months ago.
Love it.
I am diesel convert after owning VW Tuguan TDI which is now the wife's the Mec diesel is way better than Vdub appart from noise at idle you wouldn't know you are driving an oiler. Loads of HP and NM's to the warzooo.
Already started small mods - plastidip black the lower mid bumpa like AMG sedan.
Front windows get 20% tint next week the guy reckons that will match pretty close the privacy glass colour.

Anyway nice that there are a few of us from down under.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:58 PM

All sorts of cars
Originally Posted by The Fonz
Hi Ausies,
I took delivery of C250 CDI w/-AMG and AV1 packs white with red interior about 2 months ago.
Love it.
I am diesel convert after owning VW Tuguan TDI which is now the wife's the Mec diesel is way better than Vdub appart from noise at idle you wouldn't know you are driving an oiler. Loads of HP and NM's to the warzooo.
Already started small mods - plastidip black the lower mid bumpa like AMG sedan.
Front windows get 20% tint next week the guy reckons that will match pretty close the privacy glass colour.

Anyway nice that there are a few of us from down under.
Congrats mate Post up some pictures. I'm getting 22% windows done end of the week to match rears
Old 10-16-2012, 09:19 PM

2012 C250CDI Coupe VP1 AMG pack
Originally Posted by t-wd.net
Congrats mate Post up some pictures. I'm getting 22% windows done end of the week to match rears
Will do in december going to Europe for November so once the tint is done next week I wont get a chance untill i get back home.
I checked your website looks like a great business if you are like me and enjoy exotic machinery.
Cheers
Fonz
Old 10-16-2012, 10:02 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Hi all, just over 6 months in on mine now and almost 13,000km and still loving it as much as day 1
Old 10-21-2012, 10:28 AM

C250 CDi Coupe
HI

Hi guys, im also a C250 CDI coupe owner (:
Old 10-21-2012, 07:52 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by AC63
Hi guys, im also a C250 CDI coupe owner (:

Awesome

I'm absolutely loving the combination of power, performance and economy of this vehicle, it's my first oiler and never thought it would be this good

I wish MB also made a C350CDI Coupe (there's only the sedan) as I've extensively driven that model and it is absolutely mind blowingly good would love to have that powerplant in my coupe, it is noticeably more powerful, quicker and responsive and it sounds good too being a V6 twin turbo, with only slighly higher fuel burn than our C250CDI's it would be a perfect choice of vehicle
Old 10-22-2012, 12:29 AM

Mercedes Benz C250 CDI coupe
Glad to have more AUSSIE owners on this forum. So where is everyone located in Aus?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:47 AM

All sorts of cars
Sydney here.

Mine was the only C Coupe at the Mercedes Concourse yesterday...
Old 10-22-2012, 06:19 AM

C250 CDi Coupe
Originally Posted by AV1
Awesome

I'm absolutely loving the combination of power, performance and economy of this vehicle, it's my first oiler and never thought it would be this good

I wish MB also made a C350CDI Coupe (there's only the sedan) as I've extensively driven that model and it is absolutely mind blowingly good would love to have that powerplant in my coupe, it is noticeably more powerful, quicker and responsive and it sounds good too being a V6 twin turbo, with only slighly higher fuel burn than our C250CDI's it would be a perfect choice of vehicle
Yes! a C350 CDI would be Fantastic! i'm located in brisbane
Old 10-22-2012, 07:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C 63
Smile

brisbane Qld.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Melbourne Vic. here, looks like we're spread all over the Country LOL
Old 11-01-2012, 04:17 AM

C250 CDi Coupe
Spoiler

Has anyone got around to getting an AMG style carbon fibre lip spoiler?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone from Australia drive the new C Coupe?