passenger seat question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
passenger seat question

maybe a dumb question... on my C250 coupe, for the passenger seat it does not have the automatic motorized sliding function as my driver seat does, instead there is a silver handle that I can pull and slide the chair forward to let people go to the back seat. There is also another silver button (pushable) above the silver handle and I have no idea what it is for, I checked the manual already and did not find anything that describe its function, does anyone know what it is?

Hope you know what I'm referring to, I can post a image if need to.

Last edited by SLK_CA; 12-15-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:25 PM

2012 C350 Coupe
I believe the button is to slide the passenger seat up (because its not motorized). So you hold it down to slide the seat
Old 12-15-2011, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
It allows the seat to be slid forward so the passenger can get in the rear, then allows you to slide the seat back to the same position it was in to begin with.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:33 AM

MB
i just figured it out, this button is for adjusting the head rest on the passenger seat....
Old 12-16-2011, 08:09 PM

2012 C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by SLK_CA
i just figured it out, this button is for adjusting the head rest on the passenger seat....
ahhh gotcha
Old 12-18-2011, 09:47 AM

C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by SLK_CA
maybe a dumb question... on my C250 coupe, for the passenger seat it does not have the automatic motorized sliding function as my driver seat does, instead there is a silver handle that I can pull and slide the chair forward to let people go to the back seat. There is also another silver button (pushable) above the silver handle and I have no idea what it is for, I checked the manual already and did not find anything that describe its function, does anyone know what it is?

Hope you know what I'm referring to, I can post a image if need to.
That is strange. The bigger question is why the passenger seat doesn't have the motorized feature? Have you asked them? I don't remember this being an option. It's standard throughout all coupes...unless my assumption is wrong.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:49 PM

2012 C250 Coupe
Took me a while to figure out how to lower the passenger seat headrest...

As far as why that is not motorized, it seems that Mercedes decided to cut as many non-essential options as possible in order to try and hit a price point. I didn't have time to wait for another one to come in and have to say that mine is missing some of the most basic options (one's I've had in a rental Ford Focus). I understand it, but am disappointed.

Seriously, my C250 doesn't have full power passenger seat, no garage door opener, no rear park assist and no heated seats (which is almost cruel given I live in Ottawa).

Love the car anyway.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:38 PM

2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
My C350 does not have power slide on the passenger either. I think if you order the leather package you also get the power passenger seat. I know you also get the "puddle lights" under the mirrors and lights in the AC vent knobs. I think it comes with memory seat panel on the passenger door as well.