Another Australian new C204 Coupe owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VW Golf MKVI 118TSI and C250 CDI Coupe (on order)
2 diamond whites, we need another palladium silver to join the meet :p
Old 06-18-2012, 03:54 AM

Mercedes Benz C250 CDI coupe
On another note, considering that this is mainly populated by the US (NO CDI available), have any of you guys made enquiries on a quad exhaust for our CDI's?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:49 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by DL250
2 diamond whites, we need another palladium silver to join the meet :p
There are a few other Melb. C250 owners and I recall at least one of them being a palladium example like yours

DL250 you'll have to post up the meet either in separate dedicated thread or in a specific meet forum section, so that everyone will be able to see it, that way we may get get more participants

Originally Posted by Blinks
On another note, considering that this is mainly populated by the US (NO CDI available), have any of you guys made enquiries on a quad exhaust for our CDI's?
Yes I have been looking into it since the beginning - it's one item I'm definitely wanting to get installed on mine, but so far have not found the right combimation of parts to make it happen.

Too many of the currently released applications for it are based on the C63 set up and some even have larger tips, which I personally don't like at all...IMHO the C63 quad is too way out of proportion and in your face type of look which will not suit a regular C Class Coupe IMHO, I'm looking for something 'neater'

Otherwise all of those parts both OEM and aftermarket are readily available for people who do want to go that way

We'll just have to wait for the future release of more components for the C Class Coupes which will come in time, I also have a couple custom build set ups I'm looking into, both for the exhaust and the diffuser but am relunctant to go that way due to the cost and time involved and there might be a future release which will just mount straight up with much less effort and cost involved.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:36 AM

I posted a separate thread about a week ago but didn't get any responses. Are there other forums you guys are a part of that we could write a post for?
Old 06-19-2012, 12:17 PM

I know you can get the C63 style diffuser from a few places now though Ive still yet to find a quad exhaust for our cars besides the CKS one and they are just mufflers. I've made enquiries with Eisenmann and Meisterschaft but no luck atm. Do you know of any other brands that do provide an exhaust for the CDI?

The moment I find the right exhaust, ill bite the bullet and order a carbon fibre C63 rear diffuser with a quad exhaust.

Last edited by Blinks; 06-19-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:27 PM

I posted a separate thread about a week ago but didn't get any responses. Are there other forums you guys are a part of that we could write a post for?
There doesnt seem to be any kind of Merc community or following in Australia. Guess that comes down to the demographics of majority of Merc buyers in Australia. No forum in Australia that is even worth following that i could find.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:53 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
I know you can get the C63 style diffuser from a few places now though Ive still yet to find a quad exhaust for our cars besides the CKS one and they are just mufflers. I've made enquiries with Eisenmann and Meisterschaft but no luck atm. Do you know of any other brands that do provide an exhaust for the CDI?

The moment I find the right exhaust, ill bite the bullet and order a carbon fibre C63 rear diffuser with a quad exhaust.
Re: question above specific to the CDI no, but AFAIK from enquiries I've made they seem to all recommend using the same systems as those made for the petrol variants, I really don't know for certain if this actually is ok or not

What you can do as has been suggested to myself is use the OEM CDI mufflers from a C350-CDI and install your chosen quad tips on those, that'll definitely work

Probably best bet DL250 is start a new thread on the topic within this C204 section and see how we go, otherwise the 3 of us can meet up regardless, we'll have plenty to discuss and entertain ourselves with our 3 new C250 oilers

There doesnt seem to be any kind of Merc community or following in Australia. Guess that comes down to the demographics of majority of Merc buyers in Australia. No forum in Australia that is even worth following that i could find.
There are dedicated Australian MB forums I've looked at and they seem to have a good following, but I havn't joined any only this one because IMO it's a Worldwide forum so there's a much larger pool of minds to share with all things MB related

I may have another look at those Aust. sites for things like OEM parts supplies and services directly relating to our market place and any benefits which may be of value to us
Old 06-21-2012, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by AV1
What you can do as has been suggested to myself is use the OEM CDI mufflers from a C350-CDI and install your chosen quad tips on those, that'll definitely work
Aesthetics wise I do want the quad look though I also want a bit of "noise" aswell lol Emailed Eisenmann and Meisterschaft though unfortunately no system for the CDI's

Only one that I've managed to find that is compatible with the CDI is CKS performance. Though listened to their vid clip and wasnt overly impressed.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 PM

Do either of you know if the car comes with digital radio in Aust?

By the way, delivery next week!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:01 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Do either of you know if the car comes with digital radio in Aust?

By the way, delivery next week!!!
Yes, digital AM and FM radio.

Congrats on your impending delivery and good luck with the last few sleepless nights

Blinks I don't think your ever going to achieve a nice sound with an IL4 diesel, best to probably keep it quiet and descrete - V6 diesel different story they actually sound good.

I still think the best option if you want one done here and now is source the right hand side C350-CDI muffler and then get yourself a set of C63 tips if that's the look you also want, they're available all over ebay sites and some car tuning shops.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by AV1
Yes, digital AM and FM radio.

Congrats on your impending delivery and good luck with the last few sleepless nights

Blinks I don't think your ever going to achieve a nice sound with an IL4 diesel, best to probably keep it quiet and descrete - V6 diesel different story they actually sound good.

I still think the best option if you want one done here and now is source the right hand side C350-CDI muffler and then get yourself a set of C63 tips if that's the look you also want, they're available all over ebay sites and some car tuning shops.
I'll give it a bit of time to see if anyone comes out with something for our CDI's, if not i may go with the CKS options. No matter what i def want to go the quad look.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:49 AM

Took delivery of my car a day ago and it has been just fabulous. The torque is great and I'm very happy with the red leather and amg pack aesthetics. It seems to have made the long wait all worthwhile. Will share photos when I take some proper ones or when I figure out how to upload mobile photos with my iPhone..
Old 06-30-2012, 12:56 PM

C250 Coupe Nissan 350Z
Took delivery of my car a day ago and it has been just fabulous. The torque is great and I'm very happy with the red leather and amg pack aesthetics. It seems to have made the long wait all worthwhile. Will share photos when I take some proper ones or when I figure out how to upload mobile photos with my iPhone..
jealous!!! mine is *fingers crossed* sometime this month
Old 06-30-2012, 12:58 PM

C250 Coupe Nissan 350Z
Also, slightly off topic, but I am going to work in a country town for 6 weeks basically right after i get my car, i'm slightly worried about stone chips and bugs damaging the paint on my ride there and back.

i was looking at gettin a car bra to put on when i drive there, take it off, then put it back on 6 weeks later when im heading home OR a clear vinyl bra?

you guys have any opinions on this or?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:57 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Awesome and Finally - Congratulations CL250

I told you the wait wopuld be worth it and also go by quickly

I'm not surprised your loving it already, you'll probably come across some little quirks, but after a while they seem to sort themselves out it's just the way MB do certain things which just take some getting used to.

When you have the chance go for a spirited run or 'fang' through some uphill twisties, eg. Mt Dandenong (Olinda) or Arthurs Seat (Dromana) etc. that's where the this thing really comes into its own, you'll love both the power and the handling of the C250-CDI coupe in those conditions, it rockets up the hills like they're not even there as if your on level ground

When we can and dependant on this terrible weather we're having at the moment, we'll organise a Melb. mini meet
Old 07-02-2012, 12:11 AM

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Talking

Hi Everyone its about time to make our debut on the Forum we,re waiting for the wifes C63 to arrive (less than a week now) in White..... Cant Wait..........we are located in Busselton WA 2.5 hours south of Perth. I used the Name tyrefryer as I expect the C63 will fry them !!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:21 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by tyrefryer
Hi Everyone its about time to make our debut on the Forum we,re waiting for the wifes C63 to arrive (less than a week now) in White..... Cant Wait..........we are located in Busselton WA 2.5 hours south of Perth. I used the Name tyrefryer as I expect the C63 will fry them !!!!
Congrats and welcome

The C63 is indeed a tyre fryer I've had the pleasure of fanging one on the track it is truly a unique machine you can choose to drive it as sadately as you wish until you mash the accelerator then it becomes the beast it is

Just watch out for the fuel burn when pushing it, it's frightning how much fuel it consumes under hard throttle
Old 07-02-2012, 07:37 AM

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Thanks AV1 I expect the C63 will use a lot of fuel when driven hard But thats Not an Issue with the Wife Driving It, we will probably have the most economical C63 in Australia with her driving......!!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 11:19 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by tyrefryer
Thanks AV1 I expect the C63 will use a lot of fuel when driven hard But thats Not an Issue with the Wife Driving It, we will probably have the most economical C63 in Australia with her driving......!!!!
LOL

With a conservative driving style, it would be efficient, but damn you'd be hard pressed from the restraint of prodding that loud pedal

I chose the oiler which still also delivers respectable performance because my C Coupe is to be used as my daily driver with around 25-30,000km per annum so the C63 was not in the running with that in mind, if it was to be my weekender then I would've got myself a C63 variant

Enjoy
Old 07-05-2012, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by AV1
Awesome and Finally - Congratulations CL250

I told you the wait wopuld be worth it and also go by quickly

I'm not surprised your loving it already, you'll probably come across some little quirks, but after a while they seem to sort themselves out it's just the way MB do certain things which just take some getting used to.

When you have the chance go for a spirited run or 'fang' through some uphill twisties, eg. Mt Dandenong (Olinda) or Arthurs Seat (Dromana) etc. that's where the this thing really comes into its own, you'll love both the power and the handling of the C250-CDI coupe in those conditions, it rockets up the hills like they're not even there as if your on level ground

When we can and dependant on this terrible weather we're having at the moment, we'll organise a Melb. mini meet
The weather is finally looking to be sunny this weekend so I might take the car for an extended drive somewhere, maybe Dromana as you've suggested.

Did you adhere strictly to the running-in instructions? Having to keep the revs below 2.5/3 for the first 1500 kms is a pain in the a**.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:41 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
The weather is finally looking to be sunny this weekend so I might take the car for an extended drive somewhere, maybe Dromana as you've suggested.

Did you adhere strictly to the running-in instructions? Having to keep the revs below 2.5/3 for the first 1500 kms is a pain in the a**.
Yes, sunny weekend comming up - enjoy it, I'll be driving through Mt Dandenong myself sometime this Sunday afternoon

I did take it very easy for the first 5-600km, opened it up a little more at over 1000km that would've been around the time I hit Arthurs Seat, was a spirited drive but never a thrashing, in fact currently sitting on nearly 5,500km and still havn't rung its neck yet LOL
Old 07-06-2012, 01:11 AM

I must keep an eye out for you if we end up going to mt dandenong too. Unfortunately there are only so many places you can drive to in/around Melbourne.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:52 AM

well when you guys are free, definately keen on a meet up.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:17 PM

I'm free tomorrow since this weekend will be dedicated to getting as close to 1500km as possible. otherwise we can go with the next sunny weekend too. Whenever it comes up again.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:04 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Apologies guys, been away from the forum for the last few days.

Will have to be the next sunny weekend then

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another Australian new C204 Coupe owner