Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by lbccpt
From the manual on page 108 all are the same bulb p2

http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalA...lass-Coupe.pdf
I don't want to say that the manual is "wrong" on this, but I won't say that there hasn't been mistakes publisehd in the MB manuals before...

All I know is this: I have an 1156/7506 LED bulb, it fits and lights up in the reverse lights and brake light holders... I am not sure of the difference between them and P2 bulbs? Maybe P2 are longer bayonett bulbs or something?

Come to think of it, I actually have a 1157/7507/P2 LED too that I took off my old car, I will try to put them in and see if they fit.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Duc1098E500
I have a guess. LED's are not good heat conductors and during cold winter times ice builds up on the lens. Unlike regular bulbs which emits heat to defrost the lens. I dont know just speaking from experience. Could be other things but who knows?
I'm not really sure who this was directed towards or in refernce to? But I will say that this does hold true for headlights traditionally. However, in a taillight application, it will never get hot enough to make a difference (incandescent or led). And its not like LED run cool, they still generate heat, just not as much as a incandescent bulb.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honda Metropolitan
Originally Posted by jctevere
I'm not really sure who this was directed towards or in refernce to? But I will say that this does hold true for headlights traditionally. However, in a taillight application, it will never get hot enough to make a difference (incandescent or led). And its not like LED run cool, they still generate heat, just not as much as a incandescent bulb.
No one directly just throwing it out there.