2012 C250 Coupe Problems / Recall?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
Mine pulls to the left (rhd) car in Australia.

I had an independent shop look at it and he tells me the way the caster is set up will have it follow the road crowns.

It is also non adjustable but there is a caster kit you can put on that will reduce the caster and the car following the road.

This will affect handling however and in particular will make the steering "twitchier" Through bends.

I guess the Germans don't have road camber!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:35 AM

2012 C250 Coupe w/ AMG Package
Originally Posted by jkyriakou

I had an independent shop look at it and he tells me the way the caster is set up will have it follow the road crowns.

It is also non adjustable but there is a caster kit you can put on that will reduce the caster and the car following the road.

This will affect handling however and in particular will make the steering "twitchier" Through bends.

Wow, so if I don't want handling to be compromised I have to put up with it pulling to the right, greeeaat
Old 06-15-2012, 04:12 PM

2012 C250 Coupe
pulling to the right

I brought my c250 coupe in bc it was pulling to the right since day 1. I picked it up and made a U turn right back in to the dealership bc it was still pulling to the right. The shop foreman test drove it and agreed it was still pulling to the right. The next day went back to pick it up and while it is much improved it is still not perfectly aligned and pulls to the right slightly now. I will live with this annoyance but there should be a recall.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:51 PM

I got the caster kit done today, they said there would be no compromise in handling what so ever
Old 06-15-2012, 06:52 PM

Caster kit fixed problem
Old 06-16-2012, 12:07 AM

C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
Originally Posted by davidwhelan3
I got the caster kit done today, they said there would be no compromise in handling what so ever
How is your turn in? Do you have dynamic handling package as that also uses torque vectoring.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:33 AM

How is your turn in? Do you have dynamic handling package as that also uses torque vectoring.
Yes, I have the dynamic handling package aka advanced agility package aswell as the sport package
Old 06-19-2012, 02:20 PM

2012 C250 coupe / 2012 SLK350
UPDATE: Now in addition to the severe engine malfunction, the wheel noise has started on this new vehicle as well. I have contacted the NYC NBC affiliate to get some help on this (they are doing a piece and will begin research soon), will forward the info on that as well for anyone who would like to join. Heres a link to a video I took last night.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:27 PM

c63
that is simply outrageous. time to lemon the lemon and walk away from that MB vehicle style
Old 06-19-2012, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
Originally Posted by Bpow
UPDATE: Now in addition to the severe engine malfunction, the wheel noise has started on this new vehicle as well. I have contacted the NYC NBC affiliate to get some help on this (they are doing a piece and will begin research soon), will forward the info on that as well for anyone who would like to join. Heres a link to a video I took last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK9rxlJ_-sc
This is embarrassing.
Is this reproducible in the dealership? What did they say?
Old 06-22-2012, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by mis3
This is embarrassing.
Is this reproducible in the dealership? What did they say?

They claim to have never been able to reproduce this at the dealer, even on the 1st car they took back. I just uploaded another video of this. Seems that there are 3 common issues with this car (2 of which I have experienced)

1) The car pulls to the left or right
2) Break noise/squeaking
3) Under WOT car enters limp-mode then subsequently idles violently or stalls.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:27 PM

They claim to have never been able to reproduce this at the dealer, even on the 1st car they took back. I just uploaded another video of this. Seems that there are 3 common issues with this car (2 of which I have experienced)

1) The car pulls to the left or right
2) Break noise/squeaking
3) Under WOT car enters limp-mode then subsequently idles violently or stalls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXIc1...&feature=g-upl

Let me correct myself... MY issue does not seem to be necessarily brake-related. the noise you are hearing is NOT while braking, just low speed driving.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:04 PM

2012 C300 4MATIC, 2014 Tesla Model S P85
Let me correct myself... MY issue does not seem to be necessarily brake-related. the noise you are hearing is NOT while braking, just low speed driving.
I have the exact same problem since I took delivery of my '12 Sedan. Problem may not be exclusive to the Coupe.

It's very embarrassing because the sound is rather LOUD and sounds like a rotor that's not angled properly. You can exacerbate the sound by going through drive-thrus.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Any follow up from OP problems?
Old 07-06-2012, 09:29 PM

C250 12 / CLK63 BS / ML63 09 / GTR 2012
Hey I have exactly the same problem on my car. I use that hold feature when Im at the light when I press the gas pedal the sound is soo embarrassing and annoying. Keep my updated. I was thinking of driving to my dealer.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by icanectc
Any follow up from OP problems?
The short update is after experiencing 2 of the 3 common problems that the c250's seem to be having, the dealer replaced it with an identical car. I am now experiencing the same problems with the replacement car. The WOT/ limp mode has "only" occurred once, but that's prob because I now drive the car like an antique because I am afraid to have it happen again. Im resigned to dealing with this horrible car.... My plan is to bring it to the dealer each time it happens to have it documented (prefer they don't even attempt to "fix" it because I've learned they just tinker to no avail). If it happens 2 more times I intend to seek relief under the lemon law, be refunded and released from the lease and get an Audi.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:13 PM

The short update is after experiencing 2 of the 3 common problems that the c250's seem to be having, the dealer replaced it with an identical car. I am now experiencing the same problems with the replacement car. The WOT/ limp mode has "only" occurred once, but that's prob because I now drive the car like an antique because I am afraid to have it happen again. Im resigned to dealing with this horrible car.... My plan is to bring it to the dealer each time it happens to have it documented (prefer they don't even attempt to "fix" it because I've learned they just tinker to no avail). If it happens 2 more times I intend to seek relief under the lemon law, be refunded and released from the lease and get an Audi.
Let me add that they tried many times to remedy these problems on the first car... Brake pads, rotors, lube, alignment, sensor replacement, new fuel pump and on and on... 5 times and 48 days in the shop total in 6 months... all I can suggest is be firm and don't let them act like its no big deal - force them to address it. Hopefully the news piece will cast some light on this and MB corporate will do the right thing.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Let me add that they tried many times to remedy these problems on the first car... Brake pads, rotors, lube, alignment, sensor replacement, new fuel pump and on and on... 5 times and 48 days in the shop total in 6 months... all I can suggest is be firm and don't let them act like its no big deal - force them to address it. Hopefully the news piece will cast some light on this and MB corporate will do the right thing.
That is just crazy. I am sorry you are experiencing all these problems. Just 2 weeks ago I got a friend a good deal on a C250 Coupe and he has yet to experience any of these problems. I saw this post and started to worry that I got him a bad car. I am on my 3rd Mercedes (2007 C230- 2010 C300 and now a 2012 E350) and haven't had a bad exeperience in any of those cars. So I hope his 250 is okay. I will be sure to add a post if he experiences any problems.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:04 AM

After taking my car into the dealership 7 times for the same 3 problems (Vibration, alignment, and cylinder misfires) 2 weeks ago when i had a 2nd misfire I emailed the sales manager and asked if he could replace the car under the lemon law, he said that he would work on it and come up with some options for me, either a replacement or a refund, after 2 weeks he is still stalling and not giving me anything back, just i will email you tomorrow, stuff like that and not doing it, I think I may have to contact my lawer because i dont think he is going to come through, as a last chance attempt im going to the dealership sometime this week to talk to him and I hope he will help from there
Old 07-09-2012, 05:49 AM

c63
wow this is pretty awful that all of you are having this problem. i wonder if they would let you trade for a 350 coupe? i havent heard about anything like that on the bigger engine. maybe they would split the difference rather than have you lemon for a total refund. on the same note though, if I had to lemon a MB, I might be soured on MB entirely though

best of luck!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 ATS-V
that squeal is almost definitely a brake issue. It sounds like either the pads shimmed incorrectly or the rotors are not true causing that pattern of the sound. I had a similar problem with my SRT-8 Grand Cherokee as well. It was while braking though, and sounded even worse! Multiple pad and rotor combinations later it still was not right, but would go away after some driving time.

Here is a video of my jeep for comparison, hope you get yours fixed!!

Old 07-09-2012, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 c250 coupe
just broke 15,000 KM, after lowering the car my pulling issue was corrected, in these 15k, not one problem.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:07 PM
jra

2012 c250
Own a 2012 C250 coupe. No pulling issue. Had the same noises coming from the back driverside breaks, squeaking as I pull away from a stop as if the rotor was warped. But after an "adjustment" at the dealership, I haven't had anymore problems with that.

The "limp" problem (and the engine light coming on), it happened the first time about 3 weeks ago. They replaced the fuel pump and sent me on my way. Two days out of the shop, same thing. This time they replaced some fuel sensor, or sending unit. They weren't too specific. Anyhow, yesterday, it happened again. This time they tell me, "You'll never believe this, but there's another car here, just like yours, with the same problem. MB tells us its a software problem." That was the call I got 2 minutes ago, so we'll see.
The dealership has been great. Loaner ever time, very apologetic, and truly seem to be trying to fix the problem, just baffled as to what the problem is.

Its a Mercedes, that's why I got the car for my wife. A safe, dependable, automobile, or so I thought. I wasn't expecting to have more issues with it than my 11 year old truck.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:07 PM

Quick update: The car went into limp mode again last night as I was accelerating onto a highway. I attempted to slip into an opening and just as I got onto the roadway, I lost all power. With my foot to the floor I was still only doing 30 MPH. I was nearly rear ended by the car I merged in front off. I am taking it to MB today. I've made a new observation - that it seems to happen not only under WOT (or almost WOT), but it also seems to be when the ESP kicks on DURING the WOT. I think this has something to do with sending the car into limp mode.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2013 C350 Coupe, 2005 C230K Kleemann Sedan, 2013 GLK350 4matic
Originally Posted by jra
Own a 2012 C250 coupe. No pulling issue. Had the same noises coming from the back driverside breaks, squeaking as I pull away from a stop as if the rotor was warped. But after an "adjustment" at the dealership, I haven't had anymore problems with that.

The "limp" problem (and the engine light coming on), it happened the first time about 3 weeks ago. They replaced the fuel pump and sent me on my way. Two days out of the shop, same thing. This time they replaced some fuel sensor, or sending unit. They weren't too specific. Anyhow, yesterday, it happened again. This time they tell me, "You'll never believe this, but there's another car here, just like yours, with the same problem. MB tells us its a software problem." That was the call I got 2 minutes ago, so we'll see.
The dealership has been great. Loaner ever time, very apologetic, and truly seem to be trying to fix the problem, just baffled as to what the problem is.

Its a Mercedes, that's why I got the car for my wife. A safe, dependable, automobile, or so I thought. I wasn't expecting to have more issues with it than my 11 year old truck.
"breaks" should be brakes (it makes it much easier to understand if you spell correctly)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2012 C250 Coupe Problems / Recall?