2012 C250 Coupe Problems / Recall?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe w/ AMG Package
According to the service manager at my dealership, there is an update coming out in 2-3 weeks that is supposed to fix all these problems
Old 07-17-2012, 10:42 AM

c250 amg cdi coupe
service measures

Mine is in today for 2 service measures, I think the injectors could be replaced.
Thanks to this forum for bringing this to light.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:19 PM

2012 c250 coupe
Originally Posted by Bpow
UPDATE: Now in addition to the severe engine malfunction, the wheel noise has started on this new vehicle as well. I have contacted the NYC NBC affiliate to get some help on this (they are doing a piece and will begin research soon), will forward the info on that as well for anyone who would like to join. Heres a link to a video I took last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK9rxlJ_-sc
Experienced the same brake squeal from the left rear wheel at speeds below 10 KMH. Only happened intermittently. Started after 4 months of ownership 2012 c250 coupe. My dealership could not duplicate but based on my reference to this forum they contacted MB and confirmed there is a TIPS document GI42.20-P-052797. Seems that there is a problem on the emergency brake unit where if the stator clip is pushed too far onto the brake shoes support at assembly, it gets widened and becomes loose allowing movement and touches the rotor. They ordered and replaced the clips and springs on both rear wheels emergency brake assemblies. I will monitor and update as necessary. Thanks to your original post, I was able to be proactive with my dealership.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:21 PM

Diamond White C63 coupe + PP
Adaptive high beam assist inoperative

My C350 cdi gets this message "Adaptive high beam assist inoperative ". They are replacing the camera on the windscreen next week. Apparently there was a faulty batch of cameras.

Perry
Old 07-27-2012, 08:09 PM

C250 Blk\Blk/Alum
No major issues yet, and at 1.2k miles. Only prob is that the howling when the windows are open can be annoying. Also, recently after the car has been parked for while (like 5-10 minutes while running) when I put it back into gear it will say the parking brake is on. Not like a major issue but hopefully it will not turn into something serious.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:26 PM

2012 C250 coupe / 2012 SLK350
Quick update: took car in for servicing after entering limp mode. After explaining my theory on the involvement of the ESP under WOT to the GM of the dealership and service manager, I was hopeful I had figured it out. They tested and tested and beat the **** out of my car yet couldn't reproduce limp mode. They pulled the codes and saw it happened, documented the event, and returned the car to me. So no good news and just back to driving around waiting for my 46k dollar car to break again.... Ugh.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:04 AM

mb c 250 coupe
c 250 problem

mine is a c 250 at 13000km .my problem is,while accelerating the car start to shiver or rattle for 10 seconds. when frist time it happed i felt like car was passing on road lines that makes you to slow the car(i dont now teir exact name but they are horizontal lines on the road with a bit height to make you reduce speed)and this happed 5 times total.when i asked service they told me that may be it is some kind of plastic undercoer that resonate with wind.
any of you have or experienced something like this?and it always happes when acceleratin but not neccesarly at hight rev.
my car is also pulling badly left(my is right hand drive car in cyprus)and the service says it is normal!
Old 09-08-2012, 04:45 PM

Update: car has entered limp mode under WOT twice since my last post. Also I forgot to mention - since I got car back from last servicing forking mode it has to crank 25-30 times to start. This happens 90+% of the time. Go start yours and count the cranks and you'll realize how heinous 25-30 is... I give up!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:05 AM

C250
C250 issues

Thankful I found this forum. Just dropped my car off for service today due than issue with check engine light and severe shaking of front end, as well as loss of power during acceleration. My car is only 6 months old, so I was quite surprised to have this issue when attempting to pass another vehicle on a 2 lane highway. Not safe at all! And no one from the service department mentioned these issues. I've also had the issue of the car pulling to the right, which I was also told was road crown by the technician I forced to ride with me. Turns out I had a bent rim, but now I'm wondering if that was even true...

Maybe they've got that woman driver stereotype going on, but I drove every kind of vehicle in the military, so I know when something just ain't right. We'll see what they tell me tomorrow before I reveal that I've done my research.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lindaloom
Thankful I found this forum. Just dropped my car off for service today due than issue with check engine light and severe shaking of front end, as well as loss of power during acceleration. My car is only 6 months old, so I was quite surprised to have this issue when attempting to pass another vehicle on a 2 lane highway. Not safe at all! And no one from the service department mentioned these issues. I've also had the issue of the car pulling to the right, which I was also told was road crown by the technician I forced to ride with me. Turns out I had a bent rim, but now I'm wondering if that was even true...

Maybe they've got that woman driver stereotype going on, but I drove every kind of vehicle in the military, so I know when something just ain't right. We'll see what they tell me tomorrow before I reveal that I've done my research.
Sorry to hear you are having the same problems, you have to keep on the techs and not just accept that it's the road crowns, it took me about 3 trips to the service department for them to do something about it the misalignment. As for the check engine light that has happned to me 3 times so far and it's a cylinder misfire, the most recent time was a few weeks ago when leaving the dealership after having another part replaced, I was lightly accelerating out of a u turn, but the dealership claims I redlined the car, and are blaming all these problems on me "misusing" the car, but as most c250 drivers know, hitting 6000 rpm under acceleration is pretty easy, so even if I had hit 6000 rpm, the car should be fine
Old 10-03-2012, 10:58 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by divine57
Mine is in today for 2 service measures, I think the injectors could be replaced.
Thanks to this forum for bringing this to light.
I'm curious on this one as I thought there was no longer a problem with CDI fuel injectors - keep us updated as I too own a C250 CDI but have had no major issues so far (6 months & 12,000km)

AFAIK the diesel fuel injector problem was from C Class production from late 2008 till mid 2009, since then MB are using different units on the newer blue efficiency diesel engines.

Only a couple of minor issues I've noticed, the auto trans has jerked and kicked about 3 or 4 times over that 6 months when coming to a stop and the drivers seat has developed a small rattle which hopefully won't get any worse.

I'm going to address both those minor things at the 1st scheduled service, hopefully they can be fixed and all's good
Old 10-04-2012, 04:31 AM

C-Class Coupe 2012
Originally Posted by djstardust
mine is a c 250 at 13000km .my problem is,while accelerating the car start to shiver or rattle for 10 seconds. when frist time it happed i felt like car was passing on road lines that makes you to slow the car(i dont now teir exact name but they are horizontal lines on the road with a bit height to make you reduce speed)and this happed 5 times total.when i asked service they told me that may be it is some kind of plastic undercoer that resonate with wind.
any of you have or experienced something like this?and it always happes when acceleratin but not neccesarly at hight rev.
my car is also pulling badly left(my is right hand drive car in cyprus)and the service says it is normal!
Yea mate, i have the exact problem. Typically occurs when switching the lanes and going over the road marks that are bumpy like you described. Only happened about 3 times in 7 months. Car now has 7500 kms on the clock. Also happened once when i got the car out of park gear.

Please let me know if you figure out what it is. It has only happened to me once.

Another problem i seem to have is a sight rattle coming from the front suspension area (or what appears to be from around there) when going down my slightly bumpy driveway (downhill). Anyone else have this rattle issue?
Its definitely coming from outside the cabin.

Last edited by skat004; 10-07-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:01 AM

My c250 cgi has also experienced the rattle at low speed going uphill it seems like the gearbox slips , and the times it happened was with the cruise control on.

Last edited by tiagomiguel; 10-07-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:54 PM

Another problem today a engine light came up. During acceleration from stand still the car accelerated till 5000rpm and when shifting up the gear felt like it slipped, the car went over the redline and the light came up.

Taking it to the dealership tomorrow to see what happened.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:41 PM

The Mercedes dealer recorded the codes they don't know what it is , and they also said to me that the factory doesn't know what it is.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC250 Coupe
Update: car has entered limp mode under WOT twice since my last post. Also I forgot to mention - since I got car back from last servicing forking mode it has to crank 25-30 times to start. This happens 90+% of the time. Go start yours and count the cranks and you'll realize how heinous 25-30 is... I give up!
Hi bPOW,

very sorry to hear of your limp issue.
I have a C180 CGI 2012/13 model and i drive it very hard.
Recently ( a week ago) i started encountering this limp mode issue.
A restart of the engine usually gets rid of it, but now it seems to be cranking too long to get a start and limping more often.

I've brought it in and they have reflashed the ECU but to no avail. I stay in Brunei and there is no consumer protection law like what you guys have in the US.

Do let me know what actions you have taken with your dealership and their outcome.

This has become a very serious issue to me now as the limp mode happened when i was overtaking another car and could have easily been caught in an accident.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Kaewen
Hi bPOW,

very sorry to hear of your limp issue.
I have a C180 CGI 2012/13 model and i drive it very hard.
Recently ( a week ago) i started encountering this limp mode issue.
A restart of the engine usually gets rid of it, but now it seems to be cranking too long to get a start and limping more often.

I've brought it in and they have reflashed the ECU but to no avail. I stay in Brunei and there is no consumer protection law like what you guys have in the US.

Do let me know what actions you have taken with your dealership and their outcome.

This has become a very serious issue to me now as the limp mode happened when i was overtaking another car and could have easily been caught in an accident.
My dealership, well now my previous dealership, blamed me for my cars constant misfired because I was driving it too hard, and said the only reason it was happening was because I was hitting 6000 rpm which is BS, they also accused me of trying to break my car on purpose so I could get a new one, so I haven't been back since and now I have to drive pretty far to get to another dealership
Old 12-10-2012, 06:27 PM

2013 C250
I posted on another post that I have had problems with my 20113 C250 sedan stalling going uphill on hard acceleration. I heard loud bangs followed by a loss of power with the pedal on the floor. When I came to a light and stopped, the same thing happened going up the hill. I brought the car to the dealer and they said they could not find any trouble codes in the computer that would show a misfiring. I'm waiting to hear back on a buyback because I consider this a safety issue when I drive my kids on highways, etc. Dealer says they cannot fix the car or guarantee another one will not have the same problem.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 PM

c63
Originally Posted by davidwhelan3
My dealership, well now my previous dealership, blamed me for my cars constant misfired because I was driving it too hard, and said the only reason it was happening was because I was hitting 6000 rpm which is BS, they also accused me of trying to break my car on purpose so I could get a new one, so I haven't been back since and now I have to drive pretty far to get to another dealership
outrageous

i've been watching this thread for a while since i have been considering a C250/300 coupe for a new DD.

your post above is simply outrageous. i would call MBUSA daily until the people attached to that accusation are held accountable and followed by making a scene at the dealer for spite. damage their prospective buyers onsite. get real immature about it. most MB service depts are TERRIBLE. they must be incentivized to avoid warranty repairs.

"oh thats normal"
"oh thats your fault"
"oh you must be a virgo"
"oh we can offer you a goodwill repair and to split the cost, total comes to $35,000"

I started getting some bizarre whistling sound coming from my windshield. this fat ****ing piece of **** service tech tells the greeter to tell me its normal without even coming to look much less hear it. he told the greeter, then stood behind the glass and watched this poor kid come back out and tell me "its normal" with an ashamed look on his face. i go ballistic saying the car should be cubed if thats normal then i start playing with it there and suddenly it pops back into place. the clip on the rack covers came loose causing a whistling sound at >30 MPH. i followed my own advice above and berated that piece of dog **** until the service manager comped my next service. MB service is the worst service of all vehicles ive owned (GMC, chevy, porsche, audi, land rover). still love the c63 though :P

/ranting diatribe

Last edited by _timothy; 12-10-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 PM

Yes it was covered. First car was swapped out eventually for an identical C250. Had the same problem 3 or 4 times with the new car as well. Last time they uploaded a software update - this cured the loss of power issue but caused the car to crank no less than 30-40 times when starting it. Brought it back eventually to have the starting issue addressed and they seem to have fixed that now as well. 2 months Since the last visit to the shop and all is well... finally... the car still idles rough and just doesnt feel right... always waiting for the other shoe to drop and have another problem. It's now just over a year since this all started - 2 cars and about 10 extended shop visits totaling over 70 days out of service. Wish I had gone with the 6 cylinder as this seems to be mainly an issue with the new 4 cyl. Actually, wish I had gotten the Audi A5.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:29 AM

10 MB E350, 05 Subaru LegacyGT, 07 Yamaha R6
Yes it was covered. First car was swapped out eventually for an identical C250. Had the same problem 3 or 4 times with the new car as well. Last time they uploaded a software update - this cured the loss of power issue but caused the car to crank no less than 30-40 times when starting it. Brought it back eventually to have the starting issue addressed and they seem to have fixed that now as well. 2 months Since the last visit to the shop and all is well... finally... the car still idles rough and just doesnt feel right... always waiting for the other shoe to drop and have another problem. It's now just over a year since this all started - 2 cars and about 10 extended shop visits totaling over 70 days out of service. Wish I had gone with the 6 cylinder as this seems to be mainly an issue with the new 4 cyl. Actually, wish I had gotten the Audi A5.
Fortunately for you, Benzel-Busch has an Audi dealership as well (Audi Meadowlands), maybe you can work out a trade with them?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:55 PM

mb c 250 coupe
Originally Posted by skat004
Yea mate, i have the exact problem. Typically occurs when switching the lanes and going over the road marks that are bumpy like you described. Only happened about 3 times in 7 months. Car now has 7500 kms on the clock. Also happened once when i got the car out of park gear.

Please let me know if you figure out what it is. It has only happened to me once.

Another problem i seem to have is a sight rattle coming from the front suspension area (or what appears to be from around there) when going down my slightly bumpy driveway (downhill). Anyone else have this rattle issue?
Its definitely coming from outside the cabin.
the car is updated at the service and the problem is dissapeared for now.
but when i switch off the car a fan keeps working for 3 - 5 minutes(not the motor cooling fan or air vents fan)anybody know what is this cooling fan?
Old 01-06-2013, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by djstardust
the car is updated at the service and the problem is dissapeared for now.
but when i switch off the car a fan keeps working for 3 - 5 minutes(not the motor cooling fan or air vents fan)anybody know what is this cooling fan?
I have noticed this too, only after long drives and not for 3-5 minutes, maybe a minute, I always thought it was the motor fan
Old 05-01-2013, 02:16 PM

C250
2012 Mercedes c250

I have a 2012 Mercedes c250. And I leased it back in October 2011 and I've had the same issues with the car stalling on me in the middle of acceleration. I will hit the gas from the light and then the rpms die down the petal hits the ground and the car moves extremely a lot slower. The check engine light comes on. Already two time Mercedes said they "fixed the problem" but I'm a fraud of doing a long distance drive in this car cause it may happen again. It happens like twice a week but it goes away when I start my car the next day..... When does the lemon law take affect here??? What can I do.. I may want to purchase this car at the end of my lease and I'm afraid to...

Thanks for reading

KR
Old 12-02-2013, 02:37 PM

2012 C250 Sport Sedan
I recently had the same last of accelleration issue with my 2012 C250, 15000 miles,,, dealer said it was a misfire, Mercedes is aware of it, just turn off engine and restart..... Mercedes will let us know when they solve the problem....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2012 C250 Coupe Problems / Recall?