Moonroof Auto-Close Issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 C204 C250, '05 SLK350 (sold)
Moonroof Auto-Close Issue?

This just started happening today but when I close my moonroof with the auto (2nd click) function, it will close almost all the way, then bounce back to about half-open. I have to manually close it with the halfway-click manual function. Has anyone else experienced this? I had a similar issue on my W212 E350.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 ATS-V
do a reset on the autoclose function. here is a great writeup on it...

Windows, seats, mirrors, steering wheel position (easy entry/exit) and the like can be reset by running them fully in one direction, holding the switch at full travel for approximately 2 seconds (or longer), then running to the opposite limit, holding for about 2 seconds (or longer). It is not unusual to have to do this after the battery is disconnected. The positioning of many of these features is controlled by a Hall's Effect generator, a simple device that counts revolutions of a motor shaft, and it must be set to register the proper number of turns to reach both limits of travel.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
Happens every now and then. Check the roof all round for obstructions.

Also if you watch it close you will see the wind deflector not go down properly causing this.

Suggest you either move the deflector a few times manually or force it closed by holding the button.