Possible for dealer to change auto light delay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
Possible for dealer to change auto light delay

Everytime I turn on my car in the garage the HID's turn on. But as soon as I pull out of the garage they turn off. This repeats when I get to work and enter the parking garage.

Sometimes I just turn on the parking lights before starting the car so the HIDs don't turn on. I also will do the same before entering the garage. I look silly driving in the morning sun up with the parking lights on.

So I was wondering if the dealer can reprogram the lights to delay longer before turning on?

Its not good for Xenon lights to be turning on and off all the time. I think it decreasees the life of the xenon bulbs more rapidly.

I think they should have included the "O" symbol they used to have on the light switch where the lights are always off!
Old 03-14-2012, 01:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 Red C250 Coupe, 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1, 1960 Beechcraft Bonanza
I totally agree. I find it aggravating to have the lights go on and off so I do the same thing, turn on my parking lights before starting the car in my garage and then back to AUTO after backing out. I have the same situation at work with the parking garage there. Are we being to ****?