IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350 Coupe 4MATIC
IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!

My C350 Coupe 4MATIC was delivered to dealer yesterday, and I was there just few hours later to pick it up. It's beautiful! Very busy day at the dealer, and mine was the one everyone was looking at I love how quite it is, and seems to handle great so far. I didn't get to drive it much 'cause we went straight to a hockey game (GO BLUES). I did sit in it this morning and read the manuals and think I have it pretty much figured out. At least I have an idea what to do?? Anyway, here are my complaints.
Like a lot of people said, the turn signal is in a stupid place. I kept turning on the cruise control instead. I'll get used to it.
Again, like others said, the seat belt is a pain because it doesn't catch so you have to reach way behind you to get ahold of it. I'm 5'2" so I've got the seat pretty far forward.
Last thing, again from being short, the blind spot is horrible. Not just horrible, but can't see a thing when I turn my head on driver's side. All I see is the pillar because of how far forwad the seat is. The passenger side isn't as bad, but still not good.
I don't know that there is anything I can do for the last 2 but I'll master the first one, and the car is so great besides those things, that I'll adjust. I didn't think I needed the blind spot assist since I always turn to look, but I guess I was wrong.
Oh, one more. I've never had a car that didn't have real leather. Salesman acted like no big deal. BIG DEAL! It looks cheap. Really wish I'd gotten the leather. Spend the difference!
I got the Pallidium silver with the ash interior and burl walnut trim. The combination is great! I couldn't be happier with that setup.
I can't wait to go out and put some miles on it so I can really see what it will do.
I hope everyone gets theirs soon too!
Not sure how to post pictures, but I'll try to figure it out and get some up.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:01 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
'13 S5 Coupe
Congrats on your new arrival. What part of the country are you located in? Surprised I haven't seen any of these at my local dealers ... what with my proximity to the docs in Balt'more.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
Surprised for your comments on the M-Tex.
I read good things about it, same look and feel as real leather bit more durable.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
Hey Mary congrats - I got your pm.. if you want shoot me a pm with your email. I will email and can post the pics for you!

BTW- do the back windows go down like the CLK did?
Old 04-15-2012, 04:14 PM

2012 C350 Coupe 4MATIC
Thanks. The cars are just getting in. The ship carrying mine docked on March 28th. It was released to a carrier on April 9th and arrived in St. Louis, MO yesterday, the 14th. I'm from IL, just east of St. Louis, MO.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:16 PM

2012 C350 Coupe 4MATIC
Originally Posted by InTheBenz0
Hey Mary congrats - I got your pm.. if you want shoot me a pm with your email. I will email and can post the pics for you!

BTW- do the back windows go down like the CLK did?
K, I'll back it out of garage and get better pics than at dealer. PM me your email and I'll send them from my phone.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:17 PM

2012 C350 Coupe 4MATIC
Whoops, no they don't
Old 04-15-2012, 04:25 PM

Honda Civic
Originally Posted by Mary Vesci
My C350 Coupe 4MATIC was delivered to dealer yesterday, and I was there just few hours later to pick it up. It's beautiful! Very busy day at the dealer, and mine was the one everyone was looking at I love how quite it is, and seems to handle great so far. I didn't get to drive it much 'cause we went straight to a hockey game (GO BLUES). I did sit in it this morning and read the manuals and think I have it pretty much figured out. At least I have an idea what to do?? Anyway, here are my complaints.
Like a lot of people said, the turn signal is in a stupid place. I kept turning on the cruise control instead. I'll get used to it.
Again, like others said, the seat belt is a pain because it doesn't catch so you have to reach way behind you to get ahold of it. I'm 5'2" so I've got the seat pretty far forward.
Last thing, again from being short, the blind spot is horrible. Not just horrible, but can't see a thing when I turn my head on driver's side. All I see is the pillar because of how far forwad the seat is. The passenger side isn't as bad, but still not good.
I don't know that there is anything I can do for the last 2 but I'll master the first one, and the car is so great besides those things, that I'll adjust. I didn't think I needed the blind spot assist since I always turn to look, but I guess I was wrong.
Oh, one more. I've never had a car that didn't have real leather. Salesman acted like no big deal. BIG DEAL! It looks cheap. Really wish I'd gotten the leather. Spend the difference!
I got the Pallidium silver with the ash interior and burl walnut trim. The combination is great! I couldn't be happier with that setup.
I can't wait to go out and put some miles on it so I can really see what it will do.
I hope everyone gets theirs soon too!
Not sure how to post pictures, but I'll try to figure it out and get some up.
Its good to hear from someone that has noticed the different in leather. I was thinking of going full leather to get the full-power passenger seats but your comment is making my decision even more firm.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:43 PM

C350 Coupe
Congrats on taking delivery of your new c350 coupe!

I am quite surprised to hear that you do not like the tex material vs leather. I too was contemplating the leather package but after seeing how leather droops and looses its visual appeal over time I opted for the tex. I had no idea the tex wasn't leather until it was pointed out to me to be honest. Also, I feel like the price of the package is steep relative to what u get - leather and a power passenger seat. If you are deciding between packages - I'd much rather have the advanced advanced agility package or lighting package over the leather. But, if you want them all then go for it! I just don't see THAT much a benefit to the leather package in my opinion...but everyone prefers different things!
Old 04-15-2012, 05:50 PM

Honda Civic
Originally Posted by MBmiami602
Congrats on taking delivery of your new c350 coupe!

I am quite surprised to hear that you do not like the tex material vs leather. I too was contemplating the leather package but after seeing how leather droops and looses its visual appeal over time I opted for the tex. I had no idea the tex wasn't leather until it was pointed out to me to be honest. Also, I feel like the price of the package is steep relative to what u get - leather and a power passenger seat. If you are deciding between packages - I'd much rather have the advanced advanced agility package or lighting package over the leather. But, if you want them all then go for it! I just don't see THAT much a benefit to the leather package in my opinion...but everyone prefers different things!
Well I would rather pay 500 more for full power passenger and keep tex-mex-lex whatever it's called. I just don't want people to ask why they have to manually move the seats in a $50000 car.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:00 PM

2012 C350 Coupe 4MATIC
Originally Posted by DinB
Well I would rather pay 500 more for full power passenger and keep tex-mex-lex whatever it's called. I just don't want people to ask why they have to manually move the seats in a $50000 car.
I had a price limit from my husband so had to pick and choose my options. I too thought the tex would be fine enough for me to have 18" wheels. I do like the 18" wheels so I really don't know which one I'd pick over the other now, but I think over 5 years of payments, leather and blind assist wouldn't have been that much. Anyway, a budget's a budget. I love the car and I'm not complaining (much). Just would have been nice to have it all
Old 04-15-2012, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
Here is Mary's C350 4MATIC Coupe - its gorgeous!

Old 04-15-2012, 10:37 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
It's beautiful !!!

Congrats and enjoy your new car
Old 04-16-2012, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 AMG, CLK550
Congrats! Very nice!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:44 AM

'12 C350 Sport Sedan
Wow, that car looks great! Congrats!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:43 PM

99' Lexus RX300-retired, 01' BMW 330i
Nice color combo, congrats!
Old 04-16-2012, 02:32 PM
dbs

C250 CDI T
Try to catch the seat belt with your right hand going under your left arm.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:00 PM

CLC Coupe

Originally Posted by dbs
Try to catch the seat belt with your right hand going under your left arm.
I dont have this issue & here is why!!

Old 04-17-2012, 03:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by blackmercs

I dont have this issue & here is why!!

where you get that? part number?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:41 AM

CLC Coupe
Originally Posted by Kevin82
where you get that? part number?
I stole it from a CLC coupe W204. U didnt hear from me.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
Looks like a seatbelt extender.
How about if someone wants to go to the back seat?
Old 04-17-2012, 08:25 PM

CLC Coupe
Originally Posted by mis3
Looks like a seatbelt extender.
How about if someone wants to go to the back seat?
No issue at all as there are enough room to get in & out.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:08 PM

C350 Coupe 2012 (C204)
Originally Posted by blackmercs
No issue at all as there are enough room to get in & out.
yea but won't the seatbelt be in the way for entry or exit??
Old 04-17-2012, 11:39 PM

CLC Coupe
Originally Posted by yukikaze203
yea but won't the seatbelt be in the way for entry or exit??
Yes, only in the way not blocking .

Sorry Mary, hijacking your thread on this belt feeder mods thingy.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C204
Nice car. But 2 things. A. the blind spot on this car is not bad at all, you have to adjust your mirror inward, theres no reason for it to be facing the road in such an extreme angle that you can't see the cars next to you. B. The MB tex is near identical to the leather, I've sat in a $120k CLS 63 and it literally looks the same, there's zero reason to get the full leather package unless you have money to blow or you want the flamingo red interior.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!