Instrument Cluster Display

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
250 CDI C204
Instrument Cluster Display

Hi,

I have just recently purchased a C204 C250 CDI and the meaning of one of the graphics shown on the instrument cluster display escapes me. I was hoping that someone could shed some light on it.

Pretty much as soon as the car is started a graphic appears that shows a side image of the car with no doors. Under this image are two people that appear to be seated. It doesn’t seem to matter if there is one or two people in the car, the images look the same.

Any ideas on what this is about as the owners manual is silent on this one

Cheers

John
Old 04-22-2012, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by dawsonjw
Hi,

I have just recently purchased a C204 C250 CDI and the meaning of one of the graphics shown on the instrument cluster display escapes me. I was hoping that someone could shed some light on it.

Pretty much as soon as the car is started a graphic appears that shows a side image of the car with no doors. Under this image are two people that appear to be seated. It doesn’t seem to matter if there is one or two people in the car, the images look the same.

Any ideas on what this is about as the owners manual is silent on this one

Cheers

John
Hmm, I have never heard or seen of such a graphic in my MBUSA spec C204... Do you think you could try to snap or find a pic of it, then we should be able to figure it out...
Old 04-22-2012, 11:03 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Yep same here in my Aust. C250-CDI but never really thought too much about what it's meant to be, I assume it would appear on all variants though not just the CDI, someone else from Aust. with a model other than a CDI could confirm on that one

The only time it gets in my way is waiting for that image to go, because until it does you can't select other display items/modes in that centre dial.

Unless someone does it first, I'll check the manual when I get the chance and see if there's anything documented there on this one.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:21 AM

250 CDI C204
Hi

here is an image of the cluster graphic. I hope this helps

cheers

John
Attached Thumbnails Instrument Cluster Display-clusterphoto.jpg  

Last edited by dawsonjw; 04-23-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:43 AM

2018 C63s AMG and 2018 C43 AMG coupe
it's ejector seats setting only works for equipped car like say....007! lol sorry don't take me seriously. I don't have that graphic in my car at all.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Taking a SWAG here, but as it shows the interior and two occupant icons, I would guess it shows the car is acknowledging the presence of two front seat occupants for the purposes of being ready to deploy appropriate air bags.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:07 PM

C350 4matic Coupe
on the navi settings you can input how many people are in the car. im just brainstorming here.. I havent noticed it in my car.. going to look at it if I remember..
Old 04-23-2012, 02:34 PM

You will see that depending on the number of people sitting in the car the graphic changes i think it has to do with the airbag sensors on the seats. If you press ok it will dissapear. It happens on my car all the time i start it.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:25 PM

C-Class Coupe 2012
I get the same thing. The graphic highlights the rear two passenger seats. I'm guessing it has something to do with baby seats?
Old 04-25-2012, 08:03 AM

C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
Guys guys guys.

It's telling you if the rear seatbelts are engaged.

Try this. Buckle up one of the rear belts then start the car. You will find the graphic changes to show one of the figured buckled and in white now.

That way when I have my 4yo niece in the back I know she's got her seatbelt on.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:32 AM

Honda Civic
Originally Posted by jkyriakou
Guys guys guys.

It's telling you if the rear seatbelts are engaged.

Try this. Buckle up one of the rear belts then start the car. You will find the graphic changes to show one of the figured buckled and in white now.

That way when I have my 4yo niece in the back I know she's got her seatbelt on.
That would make sense and be pretty usefull actually. Someone should test this with a sack of potatoes lol