Attention 4matic owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 07:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 GLS 550
question, all the cars you looked at without the paddle shifters, what color was the interior, more specifically, the steering wheel?

It could be if you get the almond interior, with the almond steering wheel (the round one, not flat bottom) you may not get the paddles. I just don't remember for sure if that was the case on the non 4M as well.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda Civic
Originally Posted by johnny--2k
question, all the cars you looked at without the paddle shifters, what color was the interior, more specifically, the steering wheel?

It could be if you get the almond interior, with the almond steering wheel (the round one, not flat bottom) you may not get the paddles. I just don't remember for sure if that was the case on the non 4M as well.
I drove one with tan full leather seats and the greyish plastic underneath the dash (glovebox etc). Strange thing is that I am 98% sure that it had a flat steering wheel. But no paddles.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:15 PM

Honda Civic
Originally Posted by Twodog
Interestingly I picked up my car on Wed, C350 4M, Canada. Loaded minus leather.

No paddle shifters, talked to the dealership and they say CDN 350 4M don't get paddle shifters, my steering wheel has the holes for the paddle shifters.

His logic was that the paddle shifters are more aggressive and shift differently than the stick and with the 4m's there's no paddle shifters.

I also peered in the window of another 350 4M at the dealership and it did not have the paddle shifters.

Again, this is Canada.

If you drive a 2012 C350 4M Canadian model, post if you do or don't have paddle shifters.

Thanks,
Two
Your steering wheel is flat on the bottom correct?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:44 PM

C350 4matic Coupe
the paddle shifters are very useful. I had an Evo MR with paddle shifters as well and at the track it is a beast! if you dont really drive the car like a race car, yes you will never use them, but if you ever take it to a track or want to play with the car, the paddles are awesome.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:57 PM

Honda Civic
Originally Posted by cavasotti
the paddle shifters are very useful. I had an Evo MR with paddle shifters as well and at the track it is a beast! if you dont really drive the car like a race car, yes you will never use them, but if you ever take it to a track or want to play with the car, the paddles are awesome.
Stop teasing all of Canada!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe

I can't speak on his behalf, but at least in the U.S. I have the almond (tan interior) and although my steering wheel is not flat like the black steering wheel, I still get the paddle shifters.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:36 PM

Honda Civic
I have a feeling they just removed the paddles. Maybe they can be added after.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:29 AM

2012 350 4M
Originally Posted by DinB
Your steering wheel is flat on the bottom correct?

Yes, flat bottom steering wheel.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:37 AM

2012 350 4M

Hi, all the cars I looked at had black interior/steering wheel.

My car has the black interior.

Oddly enough, there are two little holes for the PS.

So I don't know if they can be added/screwed in.

Cheers,
Two.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 Mazda6, 1993 RX7
Originally Posted by DinB
I posted this in another thread, but that one is sort of dead and this is an important issue to discuss. When I test drove a C350 4matic yesterday, I noticed that the steering seemed very heavy at low speed and pretty lose at high speed! This is the opposite of what you would think. I mentioned this to the salesperson when I got back and he found it strange also .... Also, such a slap in the face by Mercedes to remove the shift paddles on the 4matics!
First, if you and others included some of the following basic newbie info, and thought just a bit about global marketing, a lot of confusion could have been avoided.

______________ *** All Members, New and some Old *** _______________

please click on User CP at the top left of page, just below the thread title. Then add the following to either Profile and/or Signature , selecting buttons on the left side of that page:

year, model, if it's a diesel, Sport or Lux, 4MATIC or RWD, Location (city & state), and non-US country if applicable. This helps others respond to issues, like tires, spring options, part sales, etc.
__________________________________________________ __________________

Based on the MB Canada web info, the shift paddle is only available on the C250-4MATIC sedan, and there is no C250 coupe 4MATIC.

The Dynamic Handling Package (DHP) is very desireable for hard core drivers. It includes by switching to sport:

1) quicker shifts
2) more responsive pedal (ie sprintbooster-ish)
3) more agressive active dampers ( much better than basic "Agility Control" )

The damping is managed based on magnetic oil, and an ecu to control it. Example: when cornering at speed, the fluid is made more viscous, to reduce roll and quicken turn-in. New Vetts have same basic thing.

In Canada, DHP is only available as standard on the C350 Sedan and Coupe, and as the C250 Sport Package for all C250 versions.

This package includes:

1) 17" AMG Wheels
2) Direct Steering
3) DHP
4) Wheel Shift Paddles

Last edited by kevink2; 05-05-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:01 PM

Honda Civic
Great so in Canada wanting a 4 matic for the winter means you are too scared to take a corner fast in the summer /sarcasm