AMG Aluminum Paddle Shifters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe w/ AMG Package
AMG Aluminum Paddle Shifters

Has anyone swapped out the factory paddle shifters for the bigger aluminum AMG ones?
Old 05-28-2012, 11:12 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
I actually want to do this but AFAIK you can't, they the shifters are an integral part of the steering wheel housing.

I've got a brand new genuine 2012 C63 steering wheel which I want to swap over with my current C250 AMG sport steering wheel (flat bottom) and just from comparing the 2 there dosn't seem to be a way of transplanting the shifters only from one to the other.

I've tried to search and find a quality aftermarket set which will fit over the top of the OEM paddles, but so far have only found good quality sets for the VAG group of vehicles (ie. Audi and VW's) as they have had shifter paddles for ages on alot of their twin clutch boxes.

Maybe something will come up for our MB's in future
Old 05-28-2012, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by AV1
I actually want to do this but AFAIK you can't, they the shifters are an integral part of the steering wheel housing.

I've got a brand new genuine 2012 C63 steering wheel which I want to swap over with my current C250 AMG sport steering wheel (flat bottom) and just from comparing the 2 there dosn't seem to be a way of transplanting the shifters only from one to the other.

I've tried to search and find a quality aftermarket set which will fit over the top of the OEM paddles, but so far have only found good quality sets for the VAG group of vehicles (ie. Audi and VW's) as they have had shifter paddles for ages on alot of their twin clutch boxes.

Maybe something will come up for our MB's in future
how did you acquire the steering wheel? I think if you want the taller amg ones you have to buy the older ones because they have the same attachment as the ones on our c's
Old 05-29-2012, 06:23 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
I saw one up for sale on the net brand new back in September last year and snapped it up 8 months even before getting my C Coupe, I knew I'd want this when the time came

I don't know anything about the previous model/s I havn't had one in my hands to inspect it, looking at my new C63 unit right now as I'm writing this post, I still can't see a way of removing the paddles.

There is a visible silver screw in there that probably fixes the paddles in place, it is only accessible if the switch or button sets are removed, but the screws that hold those in place are also not straight forward to get to either.

I'm not sure I want to tinker with it either as I may damage it and as you know it's worth a bit of money and whether I end up using it or not, I'll want it to remain in perfect condition

Maybe try a search on the topic over the net and see if something comes up or maybe there's a set that fits over our ones like the many that are made for Audis etc. that I havn't come across yet.

Those ones I mention are from a company called OSIR, they make a nice set of alloy shifter paddles that fit over the top of the small OEM plastic units, hopefully something similar comes along for our cars

http://www.osirdes********/
Old 05-29-2012, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by AV1
I saw one up for sale on the net brand new back in September last year and snapped it up 8 months even before getting my C Coupe, I knew I'd want this when the time came

I don't know anything about the previous model/s I havn't had one in my hands to inspect it, looking at my new C63 unit right now as I'm writing this post, I still can't see a way of removing the paddles.

There is a visible silver screw in there that probably fixes the paddles in place, it is only accessible if the switch or button sets are removed, but the screws that hold those in place are also not straight forward to get to either.

I'm not sure I want to tinker with it either as I may damage it and as you know it's worth a bit of money and whether I end up using it or not, I'll want it to remain in perfect condition

Maybe try a search on the topic over the net and see if something comes up or maybe there's a set that fits over our ones like the many that are made for Audis etc. that I havn't come across yet.

Those ones I mention are from a company called OSIR, they make a nice set of alloy shifter paddles that fit over the top of the small OEM plastic units, hopefully something similar comes along for our cars

http://www.osirdes********/
these look like the right ones: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-SLK...#ht_500wt_1180

but the problem with mercedes tuning is that there is no simple way to buy things, companies like Vaeth and Brabus have no easy way or ordering
Old 05-29-2012, 07:23 AM

here is the part on parts.com : http://www.parts.com/parts/index.cfm...earch&siteid=2
im just going to go to my mercedes dealership and ask them
Old 05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by davidwhelan3
these look like the right ones: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-SLK...#ht_500wt_1180

but the problem with mercedes tuning is that there is no simple way to buy things, companies like Vaeth and Brabus have no easy way or ordering
here is the part on parts.com : http://www.parts.com/parts/index.cfm...earch&siteid=2
im just going to go to my mercedes dealership and ask them
Interesting, looks like you found exactly what your looking for !!!

I havn't seen that before so good find

However I'm still unsure about how the remove/re-install works, should obviously be possible after seeing those and your dealer will no doubt be able to do it, let me know how it all goes, I may do the same and keep the C63 unit as is or possibly put it up for sale

Edit: forgot to mention also let me know about the compatibility as well and if it suits the new C Class

Last edited by AV1; 05-29-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 06-01-2012, 06:32 PM

C350 Coupe
Need picts after you install.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:19 PM

I talked to someone at the dealership today, i noticed that on the 2012 E63 AMG they had there was Aluminum paddle shifters and they looked the same size at the back as mine so i asked if they could fit them but apparently they dont fit, and i would need to order the AMG steering wheel, which doesnt seem like a bad idea, i like the alcantara leather on the steering wheel so i may just to that, although i wouldnt know where to get one, the guy didnt seem to know much so maybe he was wrong, anyone else found anything?
Old 08-23-2012, 10:54 PM

Mercedes s63 Amg
Maybe this will help

I talked to someone at the dealership today, i noticed that on the 2012 E63 AMG they had there was Aluminum paddle shifters and they looked the same size at the back as mine so i asked if they could fit them but apparently they dont fit, and i would need to order the AMG steering wheel, which doesnt seem like a bad idea, i like the alcantara leather on the steering wheel so i may just to that, although i wouldnt know where to get one, the guy didnt seem to know much so maybe he was wrong, anyone else found anything?
Hi! i found this if would help you, im looking to get same thing but for 2008 s65, i dont know will it fit and all that i will try to email them and see... Its not original its from Brabus but hope it helps.
https://mbworld.org/forums/s55-amg-s...t-paddles.html
Old 08-23-2012, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by trimox mne
Hi! i found this if would help you, im looking to get same thing but for 2008 s65, i dont know will it fit and all that i will try to email them and see... Its not original its from Brabus but hope it helps.
https://mbworld.org/forums/s55-amg-s...t-paddles.html
Hello, I had discovered those a little while ago and contacted the seller about them, they wanted $560 shipped for them, which no offense to the vendor is a joke for paddle shifters. I will just have to wait untill something else comes along haha, but thanks for the reply! If you find anything else please let me know.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:49 AM

C 250 CDI Coupè ///AMG

I have buy this some weeks ago and don't fit!

But I have seen on the new AMG Plus packet that the paddle are in aluminum.
Maybe that this fitting! (See the picture)

Old 08-29-2012, 12:47 AM

C-Class Coupe 2012
I drove my friend's C250 with the Brabus paddles installed and they don't actually come in the way (surprisingly enough). They also don't look as massive in in person are actually very nice. The build quality is really good too. I'm talking to the supplier that posted on the MBworld forums and waiting for him to confirm pricing. I will be placing my order soon.