Can Keyless-Go and iPod integration be added after purchase?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 08:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by davidwhelan3
No I didn't have to remove anything, it fits right in like the key you can push it in too, but the only thing it's missing is the programming to work like your key, which takes a matter of seconds, it's just like when you have to get a replacement key, all they have to do is program the blank. I'll inquire about it to my dealership as well and post what they say.
Interesting. So, it sounds like it's functioning just like the key, and "should" work if programmed. Ace Hardware and Walmart program keys? I didn't know that.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 c250 coupe
Originally Posted by bhcubed
Interesting. So, it sounds like it's functioning just like the key, and "should" work if programmed. Ace Hardware and Walmart program keys? I didn't know that.
Not sure how the brake plays apart of it. I have push start in my C and when I purchased my car, my salesguy gave me the button AFTER I signed all papers. The button just fits right in, I just hate that it doesnt light up.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
I had my car in for an unrelated issue, so I asked about the push to start button. I was told by the guy in the service department(not the tech) that the cars with the key less go have a completely different ignition system, the hardware is different. It wouldn't be as simple as programming the button. I don't know if I completely buy that though. I mean, it seems to me that the button, is simply serving the same purpose as the key.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C250 4Matic
The technology is already in the card and the keys have the capability already. It's all programming. I know how these systems wok and they are pretty simple. Think of your smartphone and bluetooth headset... same thing with the key and the car. They talk. The button would be programmed the same as the key to start the vehicle and the car already knows you and the key are in it.

What I have found with MB and my learnings over the past few months is they do some things very well and many things not so well. When it comes to the fun stuff like radio function, aux location, usb, etc. Even not having "mode" on the steering wheel to change inputs... Or having volume on right hand side of the wheel and most in North America drive with left hand. Just odd I find....