C350 order vs. C250 Sport Plus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML350 Black/Black
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Both super slow, but stick with the C350. The C250 is gonna kill you.
C63 is super slow in compare to GT-R, So? It would be never enough of speed, C350 is balanced in speed and fuel consumptions.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C-Class 350 Sedan
Capt paul,

Doesn't the 2013 C350 Have 302 hp?

AC
Old 10-05-2012, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2013 C350 Coupe, 2005 C230K Kleemann Sedan, 2013 GLK350 4matic
302 HP @ 6500 rpm
273 ft/lbs torque
Old 10-05-2012, 07:18 PM

Mercedes Benz C250 2012
I agree, could not afford, well I could, but don't want to put out that money, a 100,000 car.

I bought the C250, after testing the 350, and yes, the power difference of the 350 is noticeable, that said, I don't regret my buy. I wanted a 4Matic, settled for a RWD, and, 1st winter is approaching, so will see how that goes, but love the RWD during the summer, spring and now fall. (Winter tires will be put on).

Honestly, there is just so much speed you can apply in normal driving, the 250 is comfortable, I don't take long trips with my car, Toronto to Niagara is the furthest, but around the city and regular hwy driving, it is fine.

If I am WOT on take of the car can pull to the right, and because the torque maxed on the low RMP's, take off is pretty good.

I don't think you would regret either decision. My suggestion is if the bi xenon lights are important, get that to start with, don't add it on.

If is was raw per and speed I was after, a BMW 335 or M3 would have been my choice.

Comfortable car, lots of bells and whistles, and enough power with good fuel economy. My Audi A4 (2004) used to give me about 400km per tank (mixed hwy and city - more city), now I get about 600km - same drive.

Good luck, and enjoy.

Originally Posted by capt_paul
I can't quite afford a $100,000 + model, and I have had a very good experience with my 2005 C230 sport sedan that I bought new in Aug 2004.

Spending $52000 on a new Mercedes is not like buying a Toyota or a Hundai, so maybe I am not a fortunate for you, but I know that I will be happy with either the C-350 or the C250 coupe.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:29 PM

C
RWD sucks in winter lol trust me

But it's fun trying to get down the street in fresh snow.
Originally Posted by samin1972
I agree, could not afford, well I could, but don't want to put out that money, a 100,000 car.

I bought the C250, after testing the 350, and yes, the power difference of the 350 is noticeable, that said, I don't regret my buy. I wanted a 4Matic, settled for a RWD, and, 1st winter is approaching, so will see how that goes, but love the RWD during the summer, spring and now fall. (Winter tires will be put on).

Honestly, there is just so much speed you can apply in normal driving, the 250 is comfortable, I don't take long trips with my car, Toronto to Niagara is the furthest, but around the city and regular hwy driving, it is fine.

If I am WOT on take of the car can pull to the right, and because the torque maxed on the low RMP's, take off is pretty good.

I don't think you would regret either decision. My suggestion is if the bi xenon lights are important, get that to start with, don't add it on.

If is was raw per and speed I was after, a BMW 335 or M3 would have been my choice.

Comfortable car, lots of bells and whistles, and enough power with good fuel economy. My Audi A4 (2004) used to give me about 400km per tank (mixed hwy and city - more city), now I get about 600km - same drive.

Good luck, and enjoy.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:34 PM

Mercedes Benz C250 2012
Oh Perfect! Thanks! Lol.

Actually this is my first non-AWD car, and in Toronto, it is a mixed bag - some times very little and sometimes booyaaa.

I had a Subaru Legacy, then the Audi A4, the Subaru - ran All season right through - never had a problem - the Audi, had to put on the winters - could have been the weight of the car.

So it is going to be fun, have to go to Simply Tire and have Allen hook me up! Not sure what type to get - Blizzaks WS70 or LM60's or the Nord Frost 5, or back with the Hankook iPike's that I had on the Audi (were not so impressed with them).
Old 10-05-2012, 07:35 PM

C
Oh Perfect! Thanks! Lol.

Actually this is my first non-AWD car, and in Toronto, it is a mixed bag - some times very little and sometimes booyaaa.

I had a Subaru Legacy, then the Audi A4, the Subaru - ran All season right through - never had a problem - the Audi, had to put on the winters - could have been the weight of the car.

So it is going to be fun, have to go to Simply Tire and have Allen hook me up! Not sure what type to get - Blizzaks WS70 or LM60's or the Nord Frost 5, or back with the Hankook iPike's that I had on the Audi (were not so impressed with them).
I think I got the NF5 can't remember. Also from Allen
Old 10-05-2012, 07:37 PM

Mercedes Benz C250 2012
Cool, good guy, and always the best advice
Old 10-05-2012, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by GuOD
RWD sucks in winter lol trust me
Actually, it doesn't.....having the wrong tires does, though. We've had this discussion several times in the last few years, so forgive the repetition. I've got one of each (see sig), and rwd with Blizzak WS tires does very well. Our 4MATIC E gets going from stop a bit more easily, also with Blizzaks, but that's about all the difference there is and both cars go through southeastern Michigan winters very well, and have for four years. The rest of the year, the offsetting benefit is that rear wheel drive is much more entertaining to drive, and my short stint in a dealer loaner 300C 4MATIC makes me yearn to get back in my car ASAP.

I will agree that when I briefly tried the OE tires (took delivery in November, 2008 of my 09 C), the car was almost undriveable in the early snow. A quick change to Blizzaks was transformational.

It's all about the tires.....
Old 10-05-2012, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Oh Perfect! Thanks! Lol.

Don't know Nord, but among Blizzak, definitely get the WS70 and NOT the LM. LM is an attempt to fill a market niche....performance winter, which turn out to be not that great at either. I would narrow it down to WS70 or Michelin X-Ice Xi3, with WS70 in the lead on snow and ice...Michelin a bit better on uncovered surfaces.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:03 PM

Mercedes Benz C250 2012
Thanks for the input! I have been going back and forth on what is the right choice!

(Don't mean to hijack the original post )

Originally Posted by Sportstick
Actually, it doesn't.....having the wrong tires does, though. We've had this discussion several times in the last few years, so forgive the repetition. I've got one of each (see sig), and rwd with Blizzak WS tires does very well. Our 4MATIC E gets going from stop a bit more easily, also with Blizzaks, but that's about all the difference there is and both cars go through southeastern Michigan winters very well, and have for four years. The rest of the year, the offsetting benefit is that rear wheel drive is much more entertaining to drive, and my short stint in a dealer loaner 300C 4MATIC makes me yearn to get back in my car ASAP.

I will agree that when I briefly tried the OE tires (took delivery in November, 2008 of my 09 C), the car was almost undriveable in the early snow. A quick change to Blizzaks was transformational.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:15 PM

C
Originally Posted by Sportstick

I put my NF5 on back in October so I had them for all the winter months.

I think it was worse to get going than old FWD in all-seasons. Of course stopping etc is better because of the tires.

Given the choice for winter I'd pick 4wd for sure
Old 10-05-2012, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by GuOD
Given the choice for winter I'd pick 4wd for sure
If I had a car just for winter, I'd agree. But, the relatively small advantage in getting going is not worth adding the purchase price and 100lb to the front axle all year long for heavier steering feel, more likely to understeer, reduced fuel economy, reduced acceleration from weight and parasitic losses, longer braking distance due to increased vehicle mass momentum on snowy/icy surfaces, and more expensive maintenance. On balance for the entire year, it's very simple and a cost/benefit "win" to just do a quick 20 lug nut swap for winter tires on their own rims for a few months on a rwd car.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:26 PM

got the c250 coupe sport for loaner and gotta say that it is fun to drive.. the car is light and nimble compare to other high end mercedes which got weight. Engine is not bad on power but don't sound too grunt like the v8tt.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:23 PM

N/A
Some of the posts in this thread

With that said, I'd opt for the C250 over my W218 CLS63 for daily driving every single time. I really can't see how the W204 isn't a 'quality' car.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:40 PM

Mercedes C350 Coupe 2013
i have the 2013 c 350 coupe white with red seats almost fully loaded and it is very nice, i drove the 250 as well but it didnt do it for me, you'll be much happier with the 350 (no regrets later on) well unless you could afford a c63 lol