removing blue efficiency sign - matte paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c350 coupe
removing blue efficiency sign - matte paint

does anyone have experience debadging or removing the blue efficiency logo off of matte paint? My car is around 1.5 years old... would removing the logo leave a shiny spot or have discolouration? Any opinions?
Old 04-04-2013, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C350 Coupe 4M
I'm guessing it would remain glossy underneath if the paint job was done custom aftermarket.

Do you happen to have a pic of the car? I love matte paint!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:42 AM

c350 coupe
Originally Posted by Jubair Ahmed
I'm guessing it would remain glossy underneath if the paint job was done custom aftermarket.

Do you happen to have a pic of the car? I love matte paint!
It is actually the Edition 1 car so it came with the matte paint. I will get some pictures tonight after a wash.

I can't tell if the paint has change colour (shine) since I first bought it as I think this would leave a mark if I remove that sign. Or if the tape would leave shiny residue.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:45 AM

C350 Coupe
I also have the edition 1, let me know if you can round up the courage or found someone who gave it a try. I would also like that done but really don't have the guts to do so without knowing the effects
Old 05-01-2013, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Excessive rubbing on the Magnetite paint can lead to shiny spots. I would ask a high-end auto body shop- the place I use does Lambos, Ferraris, Rolls Royce, Mercedes etc. If it doesn't work- order new badges and put them back.
BTW- I have never seen a C350 Edition1. Thought it was only the C63? Please post some pics.

Last edited by AkaSigFreak; 05-01-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:59 AM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by gdot
does anyone have experience debadging or removing the blue efficiency logo off of matte paint? My car is around 1.5 years old... would removing the logo leave a shiny spot or have discolouration? Any opinions?
I don't have experience with Matte black but I did remove the blue efficiency symbols. I used a heat gun, set it to low, and then used dental floss. Loosen the adhesive under blue efficiency symbol with heat gun and slide the dental floss underneath and it should come off. If you are worried about residue then use goo-be-gone and a terry cloth. I doubt your matte paint will be affected unless you are seriously over doing the rubbing and are in direct sunlight on a hot day.