Big Fin Diffuser for single exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.C63 AMG Eurocharged,C350 Coupe(sold), Cl550 Coupe(sold), Slk350, BMW E92 m3, glk350 4matic
Originally Posted by AV1
Wow, that looks awesome - can't wait for mine to arrive

I'm most probably going to get mine painted up in black so as to give a more OEM finished look

AndresToys which supplier did you buy yours from - link 1 or 2 ?? I ordered mine from link 2, however they seem to look exactly the same.
Thank you! I ordered mine from link 1.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:15 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by AndresToys
Thank you! I ordered mine from link 1.
Fingers crossed then the one from link 2 will be as good.

I'll certainly keep you posted as to how mine all works out
Old 04-15-2013, 04:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 Coupe
Went with seller 1 just FYI. Can't wait.

Thinking about getting additional layer(s) of clearcoat done on it depending on how it looks. Want to try and keep it in good condition and easy to clean. Carbon fibre all dry and weather beaten doesn't look quite as good.

Must say the stock diffuser isn't all that easy to keep immaculate because of its finish I assume.

Just a thought for you others.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:42 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Blickling
Went with seller 1 just FYI. Can't wait.

Thinking about getting additional layer(s) of clearcoat done on it depending on how it looks. Want to try and keep it in good condition and easy to clean. Carbon fibre all dry and weather beaten doesn't look quite as good.

Must say the stock diffuser isn't all that easy to keep immaculate because of its finish I assume.

Just a thought for you others.
May I ask how much was the shipping cost Blickling ??

I chose the 2nd link despite the higher price because international shipping to Aust. was free of charge, but if I read correctly the one from link 1 was $85 shipping to Aust. which added up to more all up and the diffusors look the same both coming out of Taiwan

Agree about CF deterioration, it happens with prolonged exposure to bright light, personally I'm not really a fan of the CF look on cars and there's nothing else on the C Coupe to match up with it either hence I'm going to get it painted black and it should match up nicely to the glossy black glass panoramic roof and look OEM, but always a case of each to their own

The stock diffusor has a bland finish to it but it's typical of alot of manufacturers with their lower bumper trims, it's a shame though because we're starting to see alot of cheaper end vehicles like Hyundai, Kia etc. releasing their cars now with nicely sculptured gloss painted diffusors that really finish off the exterior nicely, makes some of the Euro prestige brands look nasty by comparison.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:03 AM

C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by AV1
May I ask how much was the shipping cost Blickling ??

I chose the 2nd link despite the higher price because international shipping to Aust. was free of charge, but if I read correctly the one from link 1 was $85 shipping to Aust. which added up to more all up and the diffusors look the same both coming out of Taiwan

Agree about CF deterioration, it happens with prolonged exposure to bright light, personally I'm not really a fan of the CF look on cars and there's nothing else on the C Coupe to match up with it either hence I'm going to get it painted black and it should match up nicely to the glossy black glass panoramic roof and look OEM, but always a case of each to their own

The stock diffusor has a bland finish to it but it's typical of alot of manufacturers with their lower bumper trims, it's a shame though because we're starting to see alot of cheaper end vehicles like Hyundai, Kia etc. releasing their cars now with nicely sculptured gloss painted diffusors that really finish off the exterior nicely, makes some of the Euro prestige brands look nasty by comparison.
I wasn't originally a Carbon Fibre person but then I saw a C63 locally which had just about everything carbon fibre - and really liked it - including the diffuser. I also have a carbon fibre struat brace so it kinda goes well with that.

Would be nice to get that carbon fibre front lip now but I just can't get past the edges - it just doesn't look quite right to me. All the C63 front lips look sensational, and the black series one looks really good - and the A45/CLA45 from factory seem to get a cool lip.

Ok gonna throw it out there here - why not - can someone ask one of these companys to do a nice carbon fibre black series style front lip for our cars!

Here's a link to one of they guys on the C63 forums - just sensational

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ck-series.html

I don't actually mind the stock diffuser at all - no complaints, just think it's hard to keep as clean as the paint. I saw this though and just loved it. Toughens the back end up a lot. I almost wish I could follow this diffuser in traffic! Those fins!

As per what you've said - $85 for shipping. It's already been shipped and I didn't place my order that long ago. Also went on to the company's website and thought they seemed reputable enough and the quality and product seems pretty good so I thought yeah, go with these guys. Not that much price difference.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
That's not a standard C63 with Carbon Fiber- It's the Black Series. Totally different animal.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:14 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
I wasn't originally a Carbon Fibre person but then I saw a C63 locally which had just about everything carbon fibre - and really liked it - including the diffuser. I also have a carbon fibre struat brace so it kinda goes well with that.

Would be nice to get that carbon fibre front lip now but I just can't get past the edges - it just doesn't look quite right to me. All the C63 front lips look sensational, and the black series one looks really good - and the A45/CLA45 from factory seem to get a cool lip.

Ok gonna throw it out there here - why not - can someone ask one of these companys to do a nice carbon fibre black series style front lip for our cars!

Here's a link to one of they guys on the C63 forums - just sensational

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ck-series.html

I don't actually mind the stock diffuser at all - no complaints, just think it's hard to keep as clean as the paint. I saw this though and just loved it. Toughens the back end up a lot. I almost wish I could follow this diffuser in traffic! Those fins!

As per what you've said - $85 for shipping. It's already been shipped and I didn't place my order that long ago. Also went on to the company's website and thought they seemed reputable enough and the quality and product seems pretty good so I thought yeah, go with these guys. Not that much price difference.
As per above I think your referring to the Black Series

Not to worry about the choice of CF finish or not though it is a case of each to their own.

I do agree our stock diffusors look cheap/unfinished and the ripple finish is difficult to keep clean, I suggest getting it smoothed and painted - that's what I would do to mine if not for the one I'm going to install instead I would just get the stock OEM unit painted up, it would look alot nicer and be easy to keep clean

I believe as time goes by we'll be seeing alot more aftermarket goodies of this type for our C Coupes, so your request may become reality
Old 04-17-2013, 05:01 AM

C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
That's not a standard C63 with Carbon Fiber- It's the Black Series. Totally different animal.
I know that...

My point being with the black series they got the front splitter to look good - aftermarket carbon fibre companys should be making front lips like that for the regular C Coupes. I certainly think people would like that style of look and IMO it is better than what is currently available out there.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
I know that...

My point being with the black series they got the front splitter to look good - aftermarket carbon fibre companys should be making front lips like that for the regular C Coupes. I certainly think people would like that style of look and IMO it is better than what is currently available out there.
Sorry to doubt your knowledge-
I agree- The only aftermarket I've seen so far that were exceptional are the Carlsson 2-piece and the Brabus (Not sure about the sides- Odd?).

http://www.brabus.com/en/raster.php?...49&modell=3644

Ignore the chrome grilles.

Last edited by AkaSigFreak; 04-17-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:39 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Hello all, I've just recieved the CF diffusor

Not bad took just 5 working days to freight to Australia, my order was from link No.2

I didn't get a chance to take it out of the packaging yet to inspect it, I'll do that later tonight and post a pic.

It'll be some weeks yet though before it all gets painted and installed as I'm also currently awaiting delivery of the twin outlet exhaust system I plan to use, can't wait to get it all done
Old 04-22-2013, 08:29 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
GTR
check this goeckel.de . they have lots diffusers for single exhaust.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Originally Posted by dav461
check this goeckel.de . they have lots diffusers for single exhaust.
WOW! Great find. I sent a request for Shipping and total price US$ in Carbon Fiber. I have a feeling it is going to be more expensive than some of the other sources.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:17 PM

GTR
I found it very long time ago. only today started to look at w204 forum.
no , it is not expensive ( i mean diffuser by itself ) maybe shipping will be an issue
i am glad that it was useful

P.S. why don't you make dual exhaust? 1 pipe from each end? it will look very nice.

Last edited by dav461; 04-22-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
I found it very long time ago. only today started to look at w204 forum.
no , it is not expensive ( i mean diffuser by itself ) maybe shipping will be an issue
i am glad that it was useful

P.S. why don't you make dual exhaust? 1 pipe from each end? it will look very nice.
Not Expensive?
Comes out to $976.48 +Shipping for Single Exhaust Big Fin in Carbon Fiber "Surface".
I think I'll wait.
I don't want the Dual Exhaust because I don't want to alter the Tuned Exhaust that comes with the Sports PLUS Package.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:18 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Good find for anyone wanting a finned single outlet diffusor, albeit very expensive but I'm sure the finish and fit will be good, hopefully the locating and mounting tabs will be better than the CF one I ordered

Also is it just me or does that single outlet diffusor look a little odd with an extra fin on the RH side

The diffusor I've purchased has a very good quality finish to the CF face side of it, but the locating and fixing tabs are not a close match at all to the OEM diffusor and require a little work for a perfect install.

I've also just had this diffusor dropped off at the paint shop for painting, it'll be finished in gloss black for a more OEM look instead of CF and it should provide a good exterior matched look with the gloss black panoramic roof and like the roof a nice contrast with the diamond white colour IMO

In the meantime awaiting delivery of the exhaust, hopefully will be all mounted up and done over the next month or so
Old 04-23-2013, 05:51 AM

C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by AV1
Good find for anyone wanting a finned single outlet diffusor, albeit very expensive but I'm sure the finish and fit will be good, hopefully the locating and mounting tabs will be better than the CF one I ordered

Also is it just me or does that single outlet diffusor look a little odd with an extra fin on the RH side

The diffusor I've purchased has a very good quality finish to the CF face side of it, but the locating and fixing tabs are not a close match at all to the OEM diffusor and require a little work for a perfect install.

I've also just had this diffusor dropped off at the paint shop for painting, it'll be finished in gloss black for a more OEM look instead of CF and it should provide a good exterior matched look with the gloss black panoramic roof and like the roof a nice contrast with the diamond white colour IMO

In the meantime awaiting delivery of the exhaust, hopefully will be all mounted up and done over the next month or so
Nice AV1 - can't wait to see some pics. I too am keen for my exhaust/diffuser combo.

You're right, the extra fin does look odd - however it is also an odd pic, no one seems to take pics of the diffuser completely straight on from the back. A different angle would make it look more normal I reckon.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 AM

GTR
You are right. But you have choice of customising diffuser however you like if you let them know. they can put up to 8 fins to it. Before ordering just contact with them.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:12 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
You are right. But you have choice of customising diffuser however you like if you let them know. they can put up to 8 fins to it. Before ordering just contact with them.
That's awesome - a custom made to order finned diffusor

You'll have to let us know what the finish and fitment (fitting/locating tabs) quality is like on that one.

Can they also do that for a dual outlet version ?? if so I'll be spewing I didn't see this option earlier, despite the higher cost if it's perfect I would've opted for one too
Old 04-24-2013, 07:42 AM

GTR
Originally Posted by AV1
That's awesome - a custom made to order finned diffusor

You'll have to let us know what the finish and fitment (fitting/locating tabs) quality is like on that one.

Can they also do that for a dual outlet version ?? if so I'll be spewing I didn't see this option earlier, despite the higher cost if it's perfect I would've opted for one too
yes , they are doing for quad as well. there are lots of options, lol.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:52 AM

C350 4Matic Coupe

im trying to order this but several questions im hoping someone in german can help me with. the inquire form is all in german haha

i need to know 1... how the hell to order
2. if its carbon fiber or the OEM plastic material (which i prefer over cf. dont want cf! )
Old 04-24-2013, 12:00 PM

GTR
Originally Posted by sh0ko

im trying to order this but several questions im hoping someone in german can help me with. the inquire form is all in german haha

2. if its carbon fiber or the OEM plastic material (which i prefer over cf. dont want cf! )
i understand that you maybe lazy or something. there is a link to contact with them. Do not bother check it, i have it for you : tuning@goeckel.de
Then, you may choose what you prefer simple plastic or CF. they have lots of options.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:03 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
yes , they are doing for quad as well. there are lots of options, lol.
DOH! too late in my case LOL

However if I'm not completely happy with the one I'm working on at the moment, I may invest in another one of these instead I'm guessing it'll cost alot less in plastic rather than CF finish.

As stated earlier please provide feedback of the quality of the fitment locating and locking tabs of this suppliers diffusors, that was the only dissapointing part of the diffusor I ordered, it still mounts up very well but requires some work.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:12 PM

2013 C250 COUPE
Originally Posted by sh0ko

let us know cost w/ shipping for the plastic one..as shown in the pic.
i'm interested in getting one as well...
Old 04-25-2013, 11:41 AM

C350 4Matic Coupe
Originally Posted by RZ-JEDI
let us know cost w/ shipping for the plastic one..as shown in the pic.
i'm interested in getting one as well...

unfortunately for me they didnt answer any of my questions except with
"we do not ship to Kanada. Sorry"
Old 04-30-2013, 01:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C250 Coupe
In the market for a new diffuser and I've been keeping tabs on the post. The price for that custom diffuser seems a bit high, but then it got me thinking...

It would be nice to have the single outlet, but just big enough to fit an AMG dual tip. You see something similar on BMW's--in fact I saw one on a 135i about three days ago.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Big Fin Diffuser for single exhaust