Interior rattles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 11:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 GLC43 AMG
Interior rattles

Is anyone else having any interior rattles in a 2013 C250? I've had mine at the dealer six times now. Last time they replaced the hat shelf for a rear rattle, but it's still not fixed. Now I've got a new one coming from the front dash (by the a/c controls.) Really frustrating from a $50k car.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C350 Coupe 4M
You're not the only one. I had rattles from the mirrors, the back seats, the front speaker area and now I'm hearing it from the center console like you. I've given up because each time I take it back they fix one issue and another one shows up.

I've complained multiple times to MB about their quality issues with the C coupes but to no avail. Oh well, next purchase will definitely have to be an Audi because this is not what I expect from Mercedes "refinement".
Old 06-24-2013, 11:41 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Believe me you won't have any more or less rattles and squeaks etc. from any other brand, I've had lots of experience with Audis and rattles, squeaks etc. were plenty to be had, same goes for BMW's, I've known lots of other people with either Audis, BMW's and even Ferraris that have all complained from interior rattles etc. and these things always get worse as the vehicle ages.

With rattles and squeaks it sometimes comes down to the individual vehicle, some will have constant problems in this area and some won't have any issues at all and how/where they're driven and parked, eg. constantly on bumpy roads that'll loosen things up and always parked in very hot and/or cold climates which will cause constant expansion/contraction which loosens things up as well.

After 15 months and 23,000km of ownership of my C Coupe it's just started to present a little squeaking from the drivers seat when pressure is on the back rest part of the seat, in my opinion it's from wear and tear from being constantly pushed back hard from the massive torque produced by CDI models, if it gets alot worse I'm going to try claim a warranty repair on the drivers seat hopefully something can be done about it, otherwise all else is good no rattles so far
Old 06-25-2013, 09:13 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 GLC300 / 2021 C300
2012 C350 US Spec with 20k miles, I had the issue with the hat shelf but the dealer fixed it and now things are pretty quiet. Nothing obnoxious coming from any part of the car. Maybe it is just the individual cars or perhaps the environment it is driven in. My car has been in the suburbs and interstates and is not driven over rough pavement on a regular basis.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C350 4matic coupe
That's odd, I haven't had a single rattle in my car and it's a year old with 20k mi. I guess it's different for everyone. I did have an O2 sensor go bad, but it was covered under warranty.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe
Not to jinx myself, but I haven't had any rattling issues or squeaking so far. Granted, I only got my car in February, but I do drive it fairly hard, and haven't had any issues with it yet.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:10 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Yes it's definitely a case of hit and miss with exactly the same type of vehicle from the same brand or any other brand.

And as stated a lot has to do with the enviroment it is both used and kept in and individual treatment of the vehicle itself, it is a shame though when you come across a new vehicle of any type that will have these problems right from the beginning that'll be a case of poor attention to detail or quality control at the time of assembly.