How to remove rear deck 3rd stop light ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 01:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 C180 Coupé (prev '99 CLK200)
Question How to remove rear deck 3rd stop light ?

Hello !

I just discovered this forum, please apologize if i'm not using the right terms as i'm not a native english speaker i'll do my best:

I have an annoying noise coming from somewhere in the rear deck / 3rd stop light on bumpy roads, I looked carefully with rear seat down but can't find how to remove anything.

I tried to search with no success on your forum and internet how to remove the rear deck / 3rd stop light, it look like one piece with no visible screws.

I put some foam under the metal plate under the trunk between the plate and the stock grey foam already present, it worked a few days and the noise reappeared and still there, i suspected at first the two plastics levers behind the headrest but it's something else.

If i put something heavy on the rear deck the noise dissapear, any idea on how to remove the grid or 3rd stop light ?

Thanks !
Pascal
Old 10-27-2013, 07:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 Red C250 Coupe, 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1, 1960 Beechcraft Bonanza
I've got the same problem. I've read a couple of other posts talking about this problem. I think they've all been addressed by the dealer. I want to avoid the dealer. Last time they touched my car, they got greasy fingerprints on my light colored roof liner. And that was from using the sun visor. Won't come out. Super annoying. Anyways I'll be watching this post to see if anyone has a solution. I've heard that it might be the gas cap cover cable that runs through that area. I can't seem to fix it either.