C250 Tuning Boxes Differences?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 12:14 PM
m-p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 MB C250 Coupe, '12 Range Rover Vogue, '11 Porsche Cayman (past), '03 MB CLK240 (past)
C250 Tuning Boxes Differences?

Hi all, new to this forum, I'm driving a 2012 C250 CGI Coupe (1.8T) and have been contemplating to get a piggyback/tuning box for the car.

From what I've researched and what is available in the country where I live, the options are:
1.JB+, which in my understanding connects to Boost Pressure Sensor (TMAP?) and Wastegate Solenoid Sensor?
2.RaceChip Pro2, which connects to MAP and TMAP?
3.Dinantronics Sport, which connects to TMAP sensor only?
4.Speedbuster/TMC, which connects to throttle sensor, boost sensor (TMAP?), intake manifold pressure sensor (MAP?), and camshaft sensor?
5.Beyond my budget, there's also Kleemann K-Box, which connect to MAP and Boost Pressure Sensor (TMAP)?

Correct me if I'm wrong in regards to the terms and connection points, but what confuses me is that each of them seems to connect to different sensors/points on the engine which makes me ask the question, what are the strengths and weaknesses of each option?

I'm currently installing a catback valvetronic exhaust and thinking of getting the GoFastBits Diverter Valve as well along with the tune.

Any inputs will be much appreciated!

Last edited by m-p; 06-15-2017 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:24 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
C204
My advice: forget about those in order to avoid problems with your engine. Go for Mercedes-approved brands - BRABUS or Carlsson because they work together with your original Mercedes software so you keep all engine safety features.

I am driving with a Carlsson module for 5 years and it is perfect. Unfortunately, I think they don't make them anymore so the only Mercedes-approved tuning is BRABUS. It is plug and play and you can do it by yourself. I totally recommend it.

Last edited by dol4er; 06-06-2017 at 03:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
m-p (06-06-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 11:19 PM
m-p

'12 MB C250 Coupe, '12 Range Rover Vogue, '11 Porsche Cayman (past), '03 MB CLK240 (past)
Originally Posted by dol4er
My advice: forget about those in order to avoid problems with your engine. Go for Mercedes-approved brands - BRABUS or Carlsson because they work together with your original Mercedes software so you keep all engine safety features.

I am driving with a Carlsson module for 5 years and it is perfect. Unfortunately, I think they don't make them anymore so the only Mercedes-approved tuning is BRABUS. It is plug and play and you can do it by yourself. I totally recommend it.
Thanks, will look into it. Problem is it might not be easy to find it here in my country. Will it be specifically the Brabus PowerXtra CGI-25/25S? Any idea on the price range and where to source it online?

Anyone else with experience either with the Brabus box or the other boxes?
Old 06-07-2017, 02:14 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
C204
Originally Posted by m-p
Thanks, will look into it. Problem is it might not be easy to find it here in my country. Will it be specifically the Brabus PowerXtra CGI-25/25S? Any idea on the price range and where to source it online?

Anyone else with experience either with the Brabus box or the other boxes?
You have to find a Brabus dealer and they can tell you the details. I do not want to mislead you. My Carlsson module was $800 but it was 5 years ago... prices have changed, for sure. The module changed my car so much and I am so happy with it. I chose it because it was Mercedes-approved and I wouldn't lose my warranty.

Back then there were 2 versions of the Carlsson tuning and I bought the cheaper and weaker one. When I saw how good it was I even thought of selling it and buying the better performance module (with intercooler changed) but I reconsidered because I had to pay another $800 and mine was actually good enough.

My advice is to consider Brabus module as an option. You can find out the details and make your decision.

Last edited by dol4er; 06-07-2017 at 02:18 AM.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by m-p
Hi all, new to this forum, I'm driving a 2012 C250 CGI Coupe (1.8T) and have been contemplating to get a piggyback/tuning box for the car.

From what I've researched and what is available in the country where I live, the options are:
1.JB+, which in my understanding connects to Boost Pressure Sensor (TMAP?) and Wastegate Solenoid Sensor?
2.RaceChip Pro2, which connects to MAP and TMAP?
3.Dinantronics Sport, which connects to TMAP sensor only?
4.Speedbuster/TMC, which connects to throttle sensor, boost sensor (TMAP?), intake manifold pressure sensor (MAP?), and camshaft sensor?
5.Beyond my budget, there's also Kleemann K-Box, which connect to MAP and Boost Pressure Sensor (TMAP)?

Correct me if I'm wrong in regards to the terms and connection points, but what confuses me is that each of them seems to connect to different sensors/points on the engine which makes me ask the question, what are the strengths and weaknesses of each option?

I'm currently installing a catback valvetronic exhaust and thinking of getting the GoFastBits Diverter Valve as well along with the tune.

Any inputs will be much appreciated!
the ecu in the C250 1.8T has been cracked this year. You can tune it now, for best results . Right now, there are a few tuners in Malysia and china . One is called Dynotechnica and the other is XDNA. I am going to be tuning my car in Ontario sometime when i get a downpipe as one of the local tuners has updated their software for the ecu.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:26 AM
m-p

Originally Posted by sranjesuper
the ecu in the C250 1.8T has been cracked this year. You can tune it now, for best results . Right now, there are a few tuners in Malysia and china . One is called Dynotechnica and the other is XDNA. I am going to be tuning my car in Ontario sometime when i get a downpipe as one of the local tuners has updated their software for the ecu.
Thanks for the info. Actually I ended up purchasing the JB+ about 2 weeks ago and still waiting for it to arrive (holiday season here in Indonesia), but I'm still open to other options. I looked into Dynotechnica just now to find some info, the thing is that they're located in Singapore (I'm located in Jakarta, Indonesia). Although it might be possible for me to bring my ECU to Singapore (it's only 2 hours flight away), at the moment I'm not sure yet if this is the right thing to do as doing a custom tune without taking the car together with the existing mod I have (custom cat-back valvetronic exhaust) defeats the purpose and accuracy of a custom tune. CMIIW.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:42 PM

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by m-p
Thanks for the info. Actually I ended up purchasing the JB+ about 2 weeks ago and still waiting for it to arrive (holiday season here in Indonesia), but I'm still open to other options. I looked into Dynotechnica just now to find some info, the thing is that they're located in Singapore (I'm located in Jakarta, Indonesia). Although it might be possible for me to bring my ECU to Singapore (it's only 2 hours flight away), at the moment I'm not sure yet if this is the right thing to do as doing a custom tune without taking the car together with the existing mod I have (custom cat-back valvetronic exhaust) defeats the purpose and accuracy of a custom tune. CMIIW.
I have talked to XDNA guys extensively, and they can calculate the differences with your upgraded mods. Any piggyback that you run will work AGAINST the ECU's desired parameters and you will NEVER unlock the full potential. JB will give you MAYBE 20 more hp at the best conditions, but a tune will give you 40hp at ALL conditions.

You can take your ECU and ship it to the XDNA guys in malaysia, and they will do it for your custom setup. It will work 100x better than any piggyback, especially JB which i consider the worst anyways.

Either way, i found a tuner in my country ( canada ) so once i get my downpipe, i will have a tune available, ( currently have bigger intercooler, so my tune will be stage 2, with IC, + DP + GFB Diverter and drop in KN filter )

technically, once they tune my car, they can save it, and load the same tune for other people who have the same mods as me, since they will dyno my car and tune it for it
Old 07-02-2017, 12:55 AM
m-p

Many thanks for your input, I will look into the possibility. Good luck and have fun with your mod!
Old 09-09-2017, 03:40 AM

w204
XDNA

Hi hi can you share XDNA contacts

I have talked to XDNA guys extensively, and they can calculate the differences with your upgraded mods. Any piggyback that you run will work AGAINST the ECU's desired parameters and you will NEVER unlock the full potential. JB will give you MAYBE 20 more hp at the best conditions, but a tune will give you 40hp at ALL conditions.

You can take your ECU and ship it to the XDNA guys in malaysia, and they will do it for your custom setup. It will work 100x better than any piggyback, especially JB which i consider the worst anyways.

Either way, i found a tuner in my country ( canada ) so once i get my downpipe, i will have a tune available, ( currently have bigger intercooler, so my tune will be stage 2, with IC, + DP + GFB Diverter and drop in KN filter )

technically, once they tune my car, they can save it, and load the same tune for other people who have the same mods as me, since they will dyno my car and tune it for it
Hi can you share XDNA
Old 09-13-2017, 12:26 PM

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Bentley Chan
Hi hi can you share XDNA contacts

Hi can you share XDNA
search face book for DNA REMAP