IPOD Error on w204 with new cable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 4Matic
IPOD Error on w204 with new cable

I replaced my IPOD cable that comes form the glove box with the new back cable. It charges my iPhone 6 plus, but won't read any files or play music. I the dash screen will say error after attempting to connect. I have the command navigation system. Does anyone have any suggestions that could help me? I have seem multiple posts from others saying that they use the Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter with the glove box adapter to make this work. I only keep seeing error on the dash. I have attached a pic of my adapter and the new cable part number.
iPod wire part number

30 pin to lightning adapter
Old 12-08-2017, 04:27 PM

C300 4Matic
Anyone????
Old 12-09-2017, 08:38 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 E 350; 2022 E450 Coupe; 2005 Porsche Cayenne; 1975 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0
I may be one of those people you referenced in the first post . . .

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-c...ing-cable.html

I have had some “hiccups” with my 30 pin to 8 pin adapter. Sometimes the vehicle/Command does not recognize it. The car gives the connecting message on the screen and after five minutes still trying to connect.

I would unplug then replug and get same message, then one time without doing anything to the cables or cable setup it connected normally without problem and I got full functionality.

Don't have an answer to this gremlin.

Could it it be related to an iOS update, or possibly related to battery strength?

I’ll start investigating on my end.

Last edited by RNajarian; 12-09-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:52 PM

C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by RNajarian
I may be one of those people you referenced in the first post . . .

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-c...ing-cable.html

I have had some “hiccups” with my 30 pin to 8 pin adapter. Sometimes the vehicle/Command does not recognize it. The car gives the connecting message on the screen and after five minutes still trying to connect.

I would unplug then replug and get same message, then one time without doing anything to the cables or cable setup it connected normally without problem and I got full functionality.

Don't have an answer to this gremlin.

Could it it be related to an iOS update, or possibly related to battery strength?

I’ll start investigating on my end.

Thanks. If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate that. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting, playing a song first and connection ( the iPhone says "connected to dock connector and the music stops on the phone). The car will just say error after some time, but the cable still charges the phone. Is there any other cables available? Did I get the correct part number?