Clock spring recall...parts are in!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 04:44 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C250 Coupe
Clock spring recall...parts are in!!

I was just informed the parts are in for the clock spring issue. Going next week for the fix

I am also getting my sunroof bolts tightened as I have the popping sound when going out an uneven driveway

as posted here by another user:
40495 PANORAMIC ROOF GUIDE RAILS BOLTS LOOSE. REMOVE HEADLINER, REMOVE AND REPLACE ROOF RAIL BOLTS, ADD LOCK TIGHT AND TORQUE TO SPECS.

has anyone gotten the recall fixed yet?

Mercedes-Benz says airbags may deploy if the steering-column clockspring breaks and exposes the components to an electrostatic charge. The clockspring is a rotary connector that allows the steering wheel to turn without disconnecting the electrical wiring inside. If the clockspring breaks due to wear, the airbag light will illuminate. Only if that happens, according to Mercedes-Benz, is there imminent risk of the airbag deploying. Dealers will repair the steering-wheel module with sufficient grounding starting in December.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
How much did they charge you to fix the loose bolts?
Thanks
Old 07-07-2018, 06:01 PM

C250 Coupe
Since we bought the car two months ago, it was no charge. I love our dealership!!

Fletcher Jones, Newport Beach 🏖

courtesy loaner Tuesday till Saturday also. It was a GLC3000
Old 07-09-2018, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C250 Coupe
I had mine done last week on my '15 C250. Also had some rattling in the back deck fixed as the center brake light was contacting the rear window. I do think one sunroof bolt is loose as I can hear a bit of noise from the passenger rear side when I hit a bump just right. Also it seems the plastic trim at the very front of the doors is somehow loose as well. For a Benz I bought new this **** has had a lot of interior problems. But hey I'll take that over a motor issue any day.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:44 PM

C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by th3lunchb0x
I had mine done last week on my '15 C250. Also had some rattling in the back deck fixed as the center brake light was contacting the rear window. I do think one sunroof bolt is loose as I can hear a bit of noise from the passenger rear side when I hit a bump just right. Also it seems the plastic trim at the very front of the doors is somehow loose as well. For a Benz I bought new this **** has had a lot of interior problems. But hey I'll take that over a motor issue any day.
you should try a VW Passat.....then a MB is not so noisy on interior parts