2012 C180 coupe problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2019 | 10:12 AM

12 C200, 12 C180, 10 Fuso Warrior crew cab, 08 RTV ute, 05 Smart Fortwo cabrio, 09 Smart Fortwo
2012 C180 coupe problems

Hi I posted this in the newbies section and was told that it would be a good idea to put it into this section.

I have a 2012 W204 C180 1.8 turbo coupe that was stolen and recovered, the thieves took the instrument cluster, radio, info screen, front and rear Sam modules, ignition and lock and a few other parts, I purchased a 2012 C200 sedan with front damage to use as a donor, for the coupe and parts for another C200 sedan I have for my wife.
I have replaced the parts that were stolen, I have most codes removed and things set up using my Autel DS808, the problem I am having is that the airbag module now does not match the vin, the trans and shifter don't match the c200 computer key etc, as the coupe now has the Vin from the C200, but the trans, shifter and airbag module are the original coupe parts so retain the original Vin.
I would change the trans and shifter but I am still stuck with the airbag module as it is a larger unit than the sedan, I have sent it off to have the vin changed but it is encrypted and they cant find it in the coupe module, the sedan module they can find the vin ?.
Now the question is, can I have the ECU, Sam modules, cluster, radio and ignition coded from the c200 over to the coupes vin by the dealer ?, or do these units need to be virgin parts to mate them to the car.

I purchased this car from the insurance company at a reasonable price, hence buying the donor to repair it, I would just like to sort out as much as I can before taking to the Dealer As I have most of the tools to do it, Just no Star diagnostics

Any help will be appreciated
Cheers
Dean

Old 10-12-2019 | 09:07 AM

Mercedes C250 Coupe
.....appreciate the picture...........

............and i sure appreciated visiting your Australia (Navy visit - Battle of the Coral Sea celebration).

My car looks much like yours (your wheels are classier). Wish I could help you.

all the best from northern California.

ez