Squeaking when backing out of driveway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C250 Coupe
Squeaking when backing out of driveway

Hi-this is my first post to the forum- but have been following threads for quite some time.

I have taken my car to the dealership and 2 different independent MB mechanics for a concrete diagnosis- but no dice.

I drive a 2013 C250 Coupe- when I back out of my driveway (on a decline), I hear a squeaking noise coming from the front driver side wheel well, very loud as soon as I hit the "dip" at the end of my driveway. It gets even louder when I cut the wheel all the way to the right. I only hear this noise when going in reverse out of my driveway- it's loud and embarrassing as I think it can be heard outside of the vehicle. My simple fix has been to back into my driveway to avoid the problem, but I would like to pinpoint the problem get it fixed. Mechanic said my torque arm bushings are cracked and that could be the problem, but I'm not finding any information online which points to the symptoms- it really just sounds like it's a "squeaky" spring. I welcome everyone's thoughts on this- thank you! Oh- I did notice that after backing out of the driveway, I can sometimes hear noises in the steering when cutting the wheel all the way in either direction- this goes away after a few minutes of driving.