'13 C250 Running Light Error

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2024, 09:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'13 C250 Sport Coupe, '10 GLK350 4Matic, '90 BMW 325i Cabriolet
'13 C250 Running Light Error

Had my car in for work at a body shop for a deer hit. All fixed which included a refurbed bumper, left headlamp assembly, grill and hood. Picked up last week and looked great but I happened to notice before I left that the left running light was cracked. Was noted by the shop and said they would order a new one. Drove the car home, no problems. Brought it back today and they replaced the lamp while I waited. Both running lamps working fine but half mile down the road I get a Right Daytime Driving Lamp error. Turn around go back, lamps are both functional, they check codes and such and get it cleared but then happens again driving to office. Called back and they said they will look into it further.
Heading out of town for a few weeks so will follow up with them when I return but curious what might be causing this since they did not touch the right running light?
Old 01-17-2024, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 c250 coupe.
They used different plastic clips when they did the repair work. The clips they used didn’t have a rubber seal(gasket) so when water gets there it leaks thru and gets on the wiring harness and causes havoc when wet then it will be fine when it drys until next time it gets wet.