Electronic steering lock- am I screwed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C350 Coupe
Electronic steering lock- am I screwed?

The other day I was trying to check my AC pressure switch… i cranked my steering wheel to the left and shut the car off. In doing so I noticed the steering jerked and was locked. Now my car won’t start and the steering won’t budge so my wheels are cranked to the left. Has this happened to anyone else and was there a fix you did on your own without having to take the car to the shop. My car is a 2014 W204 C350 coupe and 195K miles. Let me know how you may have fixed this issue or give me any tips or tricks TIA
Old 03-02-2024, 12:18 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
....................the steering won’t budge so my wheels are cranked to the left. Has this happened to anyone else and was there a fix you did on your own without having to take the car to the shop. My car is a 2014 W204 C350 coupe and 195K miles. Let me know how you may have fixed this issue or give me any tips or tricks TIA[/QUOTE]

Hello Livebait (I believe you just might be an angler)....................

I went thru the ESL issue on my - actually my (then) new wife's C class coupe about 5 years ago.

The "issue" was resolved by the selling MB dealership. The impressive repair cost was partially resolved by the extended warranty which I had previously purchased.

I wish yiou the best in addressing this issue.

ez