C300 with M276 coolant change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2024 | 02:02 PM

2013 C300 4Matic
C300 with M276 coolant change

Hello all,

I am trying to settle the question of what to do about replacing the coolant on my now over 10-year-old 2013 C300 with the M276 engine. The manual says to replace every 15 years. I do this every three years on my other (older) Mercedes. The majority opinion on the internet seems to be to stick to this very long change interval, because there is apparently a packet of chemicals to prolong the life of the coolant tucked into the coolant reservoir. Presumably these are sacrificial chemicals that get used up over time. So naturally my question is, shouldn't this packet of chemicals get replaced when doing the 15-year coolant service? I had a look on EPC and couldn't find a PN for this chemical packet. Is it something that comes with the reservoir, so to do the coolant service I should replace both the coolant and the reservoir? If that is not the correct service procedure, what is? Since the W204 has been out since 2008, I assume many of you readers have had to deal with this before. What do you think I should do?

Tom