What, no entry handles above door openings?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 12:31 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
What, no entry handles above door openings?

Am I missing something, or has MB gone cheap? How come MB didn't put entry handles above the door opening for the 2017 coupe?
Old 10-28-2016, 12:58 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Did you do any research before purchasing your car? Seems like you're always finding new things to complain about
Old 10-28-2016, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by Tej7
Did you do any research before purchasing your car? Seems like you're always finding new things to complain about
Can we be nice please? The car is a brand new model car. I don't think many people would have caught this and assumed it would be in ANY car.

Flycaster: Interesting omission. I had no idea. My wife won't be thrilled either, as she has A.S., and getting in/out will be a challenge.
The following users liked this post:
Sactownmb (06-27-2022)
Old 10-28-2016, 03:52 PM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by auditoamg
Can we be nice please? The car is a brand new model car. I don't think many people would have caught this and assumed it would be in ANY car.

Flycaster: Interesting omission. I had no idea. My wife won't be thrilled either, as she has A.S., and getting in/out will be a challenge.
I'm not trying to be rude, but many of OP's other threads contain concerns or complaints of the car, which just seems odd to me. You would think that one would thoroughly research/test out the car before buying, but maybe that's just me
Old 10-28-2016, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
I'm not trying to be rude, but many of OP's other threads contain concerns or complaints of the car, which just seems odd to me. You would think that one would thoroughly research/test out the car before buying, but maybe that's just me
Unfortunately, there's no way to fully research and vet this car before buying it, being as it was just released last year. For me, I couldn't even drive one before putting an order in because it was only ANNOUNCED and I bought based on pictures and spec sheets (C63 S Coupe).

There are always minor details that crop up as you drive the car that you either didn't notice, things break, or have issue with as the car breaks in that would be impossible to detect during initial drives, anyway, and here's where you come for advice. It took me almost 6 months to get really acclimated to my Audi S4, and I test drove the everloving F out of that car before purchasing it, and still found things during that initial six months that drove me insane. I ended up purchasing an Audi computer system called the Vag-Com so that I could modify the engineering/computer systems more to my liking, those settings I didn't have access to as a normal driver.

Unfortunately, it appears that we don't have that option as a W205/C205 driver easily. There is a thread I started about the Mercedes Star System that I'm awaiting more info, but it requires knowledge of German - LOL and it still might not give us too much access.

But I agree with both of you... Yes, you need to test drive, but you cannot possibly get 100% acclimated to a car in that short time and no car will make everyone 100% happy, even then....

:-)
Old 10-28-2016, 06:10 PM

Yeah, I did plenty of research, but got to admit that the handles were under the radar. As for complaining, no excuses there...just calling them the way I see them.
The following users liked this post:
auditoamg (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 09:22 PM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by flycaster
Yeah, I did plenty of research, but got to admit that the handles were under the radar. As for complaining, no excuses there...just calling them the way I see them.
Fair enough, you have the right to be completely satisfied with your purchase, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:32 AM

Fair enough, you have the right to be completely satisfied with your purchase, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case.
Hey guy, either you are a troll or a huge MB fanboy who can't take valid criticism of MB. Or maybe a want-to-be mind reader... I'm very satisfied with my coupe. And, take note, as previously stated by others on this thread and neatly summed up by the late and great Rosanna Danna Danna (aka Gilda Radner): "It's always something..."
Old 01-03-2024, 01:57 AM

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
S500 / Db9 / F360 / Range Sport V8
Originally Posted by SW20S
I would imagine the refresh W223 will have the option of power doors.
Yes, because I found then really difficult to close once fully opened. I believe the S680 already have them

Originally Posted by SW20S
Thats absurd. I prefer the controls on the 222 also, but I have driven a bunch of 223s at this point and the seat controls are fine, if you hurt your fingers you are pressing way too hard. I have had zero issues adjusting the seats. They require only the lightest touch.

What I find frustrating is the desire to make changes for the sake of making changes which don't improve the design or functionality of the car...which is very un-MB like. Examples of this are the door handles and the seat controls...I can't see any way in which either of those design changes improves the car...
Well I only rented one for 10 days (I have a W222), maybe I could get used to those buttons. At least the door handles are available in both old and new versions (according to wikipedia…)