Notices

C200 lowered with H&R springs

 
Old 06-12-2017, 10:37 AM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Verlengsnoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C205
C200 lowered with H&R springs & 20 rims

Hi, I'm a proud C200 owner.

After driving the car for a month I couldn't resist lowering the car. I didn't like the wheel gap from the beginning.

I chose the H&R springs. Now that the car is lowered I regret I didn't go for a coilover. I think the wheelgap is still to big.

I just ordered new wheels. I have been looking on and off for months. My last car had a offset of (ET) 45. I had a hard time finding affordable rims for the C200. A set of Vorsteiners would be 4000 Euro's. And than there was the wheel offset issue.

My car came in:
7.5J ET 45 225/45/18
8.5J ET 49 245/45/18

After calculating the offset and tiresize on 101 tires (http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator) I knew what I was looking for:
8.5J ET 45 and 9.5J ET 50. This will extend the front and rear with an extra 12mm.

I really had a hard time finding rims with these size and than there was the problem regaring the looks. I'm not blown away by my choise but i think it is better than stock. I just ordered:




GMP Dedicated STELLAR

The come in 8.5J ET 45 and 9.5J ET 50 with
225/35ZR20 (90Y) VREDESTEIN ultrac vorti xl
265/30ZR20 (93Y) VREDESTEIN ultrac vorti xl

Now I need to have patience for the rims to arrive (will take 2 weeks). Will be updated.


After pictures:




Last edited by Verlengsnoer; 10-24-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Verlengsnoer is offline  
Old 06-12-2017, 11:34 PM
  #2  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Posts: 42
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C300 coupe Designo Diamond White Metallic
OMG, are you kidding us? Those wheels are GORGEOUS!

Good luck with the delivery and I'll wait for the updated pics. Also let us know what tire choices you made.

I'm gonna wait until summer next year possibly to get the rear wheels pushed out with spacers, not sure if I should go with 12 or 15.

PS. are your rear windows tinted but not the fronts? If that's so why did you opt not to tint the fronts? Also is that 35% tint?
raihak is offline  
Old 06-13-2017, 04:09 AM
  #3  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Verlengsnoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C205
Originally Posted by raihak View Post
OMG, are you kidding us? Those wheels are GORGEOUS!
Don't know about GORGEOUS but the look OEM. I have been looking for deep concave rims and a more aggressive look. There are a lot of ebay sellers that sell 'compatible' staggered rims. I have doubts because in front it will extend an extra 15mm (8.5J ET 42) and in the rear an extra 20mm (9.5J ET 40).

Originally Posted by raihak View Post
Also let us know what tire choices you made.
I chose the Vredestein ultrac vorti xl.
225/35ZR20 (90Y) VREDESTEIN ultrac vorti xl
265/30ZR20 (93Y) VREDESTEIN ultrac vorti xl

Originally Posted by raihak View Post
I'm gonna wait until summer next year possibly to get the rear wheels pushed out with spacers, not sure if I should go with 12 or 15.
Mine will extend a extra 12mm. I let you know whats better

Originally Posted by raihak View Post
PS. are your rear windows tinted but not the fronts? If that's so why did you opt not to tint the fronts? Also is that 35% tint?
The rear windows are tinted (35%). In the Netherlands we are not allowed to tint the fronts.
Verlengsnoer is offline  
The following users liked this post:
raihak (06-16-2017)
Old 06-16-2017, 01:03 AM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Posts: 42
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C300 coupe Designo Diamond White Metallic
Thanks for all the answers.

I think those rims look gorgeous. Similar 'turbine-fin' design has been OEM on BMW, Audi and Tesla very recently. It will look great on your car!
raihak is offline  
Old 06-28-2017, 08:56 AM
  #5  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Verlengsnoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C205
Work in progress (already looks better)


Result:






It rubs a little bit when I take a corner in high speed. They couldn't find a screwdriver that was tiny enough, still needs to fixed.

I'm very satisfied with the result

Edit: Photobucket doensn't allow 3rd party hosting for free anymore.
Attached Thumbnails C200 lowered with H&R springs-img_1516.jpg   C200 lowered with H&R springs-img_1518.jpg   C200 lowered with H&R springs-img_1523.jpg   C200 lowered with H&R springs-img_1525.jpg   C200 lowered with H&R springs-img_1528.jpg  

C200 lowered with H&R springs-img_1520_li.jpg  

Last edited by Verlengsnoer; 07-02-2017 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Photobucket picture problem
Verlengsnoer is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Verlengsnoer:
Jesse Jericho (06-28-2017), raihak (06-28-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 09:32 AM
  #6  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 68
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe
DAMN. That looks incredible.
Jesse Jericho is offline  
Old 06-28-2017, 10:17 AM
  #7  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Posts: 42
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C300 coupe Designo Diamond White Metallic
That final look is incredible! Great job and congratulations! I might very well copy your look!

I dont quite understand "it rubs a little bit when I take a corner in high speed. They couldn't find a screwdriver that was tiny enough, still needs to fixed. " Is that for the front or rear?

Can you share a close up of the wheel during daylight?

PS> What are you planning to do for the winter? Revert to Stock rims and tires?

Great job on the look once again!

Last edited by raihak; 06-28-2017 at 10:29 AM.
raihak is offline  
Old 07-02-2017, 01:09 AM
  #8  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Verlengsnoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C205
Originally Posted by raihak View Post
I dont quite understand "it rubs a little bit when I take a corner in high speed. They couldn't find a screwdriver that was tiny enough, still needs to fixed. " Is that for the front or rear?
In a high speed corner, and even when taking a speedbump to fast you hear the mudguard and rear tires touch. The mudguard is attached with really small torx

Originally Posted by raihak View Post
Can you share a close up of the wheel during daylight?
Will do after cleaning the rims and treating them with wheelwax

Originally Posted by raihak View Post
PS> What are you planning to do for the winter? Revert to Stock rims and tires?
No real plans. The last couple of winters have been mild. No need for winter wheels. Maybe i will revert to stock. Have to see.

To finish the look I will clean the rear bumber (remove the C200 badge) and get dark/smoked folie for the rear headlights.

Last edited by Verlengsnoer; 07-02-2017 at 01:34 AM.
Verlengsnoer is offline  
Old 07-03-2017, 02:58 AM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Verlengsnoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C205

Verlengsnoer is offline  
The following users liked this post:
raihak (07-09-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 01:04 PM
  #10  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Verlengsnoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C205
Lowered, 20" & smoked folie/wrap



Quick iPhone picture after applying smoked folie on rearlights and reflectors

Last edited by Verlengsnoer; 07-16-2017 at 04:02 PM. Reason: kenteken
Verlengsnoer is offline  
Old 07-13-2017, 11:11 PM
  #11  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Posts: 42
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C300 coupe Designo Diamond White Metallic
Looks really good! Did you apply it yourself?
raihak is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 03:48 PM
  #12  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Verlengsnoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C205
Thanks! No I didn't try. I went to a (wrap) company that did it for me It cost me 150 euro's

I uploaded a couple of pictures in the C-Coupe Official Picture Thread (page 4)

Originally Posted by raihak View Post
Looks really good! Did you apply it yourself?

Last edited by Verlengsnoer; 07-16-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Verlengsnoer is offline  
Old 05-28-2018, 04:21 AM
  #13  
Member
 
norman.hamilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 104
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MBenz C205 250d
Originally Posted by Verlengsnoer View Post
Hi, I'm a proud C200 owner.

After driving the car for a month I couldn't resist lowering the car. I didn't like the wheel gap from the beginning.

I chose the H&R springs. Now that the car is lowered I regret I didn't go for a coilover. I think the wheelgap is still to big.

I just ordered new wheels. I have been looking on and off for months. My last car had a offset of (ET) 45. I had a hard time finding affordable rims for the C200. A set of Vorsteiners would be 4000 Euro's. And than there was the wheel offset issue.

My car came in:
7.5J ET 45 225/45/18
8.5J ET 49 245/45/18

After calculating the offset and tiresize on 101 tires (http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator) I knew what I was looking for:
8.5J ET 45 and 9.5J ET 50. This will extend the front and rear with an extra 12mm.

I really had a hard time finding rims with these size and than there was the problem regaring the looks. I'm not blown away by my choise but i think it is better than stock. I just ordered:




GMP Dedicated STELLAR

The come in 8.5J ET 45 and 9.5J ET 50 with
225/35ZR20 (90Y) VREDESTEIN ultrac vorti xl
265/30ZR20 (93Y) VREDESTEIN ultrac vorti xl

Now I need to have patience for the rims to arrive (will take 2 weeks). Will be updated.


After pictures:



By How much did you lower front and rear
norman.hamilton is offline  
Old 06-07-2018, 11:13 PM
  #14  
Member
 
norman.hamilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 104
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MBenz C205 250d
What size of tyre did you fit those rims, I have 19"s but mine don't sit out like yours, maybe I don't have the same offset but I'm running 235/40 front and 255/35 rear
norman.hamilton is offline  
Old 10-17-2018, 01:34 AM
  #15  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C200 CABRIOLET AMG (A205)
I Just fitted H&R lowering springs

Hi Guys

I just fitted the H&R Lowering springs on my Mercedes A205 c200 cabriolet. It seems the rear sits lower than my front.

Please let me know if you guys have experienced this as well..

Sorry for low quality pic....


Alistair89 is offline  
Old 11-19-2018, 04:51 PM
  #16  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Verlengsnoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C205
Originally Posted by norman.hamilton View Post
What size of tyre did you fit those rims, I have 19"s but mine don't sit out like yours, maybe I don't have the same offset but I'm running 235/40 front and 255/35 rear
i run on:
225/35ZR20 (90Y) VREDESTEIN ultrac vorti xl
265/30ZR20 (93Y) VREDESTEIN ultrac vorti xl

Verlengsnoer is offline  
Old 11-24-2018, 01:23 PM
  #17  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Verlengsnoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C205
Looking for coilovers!

Maybe the Bilstein b14? Any sugestions??

dont want to spend to much

Last edited by Verlengsnoer; 11-24-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Verlengsnoer is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 08:56 AM
  #18  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Verlengsnoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C205
21 ?

Is there a difference in wheel size compared with the E?
https://www.tuningblog.eu/kategorien...cabrio-227880/

Is iT possible to fit 21 under the c205?

Thank you in advance
Verlengsnoer is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 08:53 PM
  #19  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2019 C300 Coupe
That drop is perfect!!
prplux is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C200 lowered with H&R springs


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: