C300 Coupe Wind Noise

Old 07-03-2017, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 AMG Line Coupe
C300 Coupe Wind Noise

I have a Mercedes C300 AMG Line coupe and at 60+mpg I get high levels of wind noise around the area of the drivers side mirror. The seals all look perfect so I am thinking it is the design of the car and/or mirror. Does anyone else have this issue?
Old 07-05-2017, 09:21 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C300 Coupe
Originally Posted by JoeG1
I have a Mercedes C300 AMG Line coupe and at 60+mpg I get high levels of wind noise around the area of the drivers side mirror. The seals all look perfect so I am thinking it is the design of the car and/or mirror. Does anyone else have this issue?
i also have C300 coupe amg line - mine is a May 2016. I also have wind noise around the drivers side. I flagged this with my local dealer and was informed that it's normal.
i also think that the overall road noise insulation could be improved - I'm considering fitting some sound deadening inside the door panels and under the carpets.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:34 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe
Yup, same thing with my car, seems to come from the mirror.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C300 coupe Designo Diamond White Metallic
Originally Posted by MattC300Coupe
i also have C300 coupe amg line - mine is a May 2016. I also have wind noise around the drivers side. I flagged this with my local dealer and was informed that it's normal.
i also think that the overall road noise insulation could be improved - I'm considering fitting some sound deadening inside the door panels and under the carpets.
Matt, if you end up doing this please share info, photos or a video. I'm considering doing the same but i've never done this before with any of my cars so I don't know which sound deadening material to buy etc.

Thanks.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Not normal, and don't let them tell you otherwise....
Try driving a 2017.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 AMG Line Coupe
I will take it in to the dealer and find out what MBUK say about the issue. The car in general is noisy, the road noise at motorway speeds is worse than my old BMW with run flats, which is hard to believe. But the wind noise at the drivers mirror is what annoys me the most, hopefully it can be fixed and not something I need to live with. My car is a MY 2017.