Can't connect to in car WiFi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 07:53 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C class coupe
Can't connect to in car WiFi

Not sure if this is a thing for the MY19 cars, but I am having trouble locating how to connect to the in-car wifi. I set up the account via the AT&T link but don't see how to connect in the car. I found one YouTube video but it discusses use via COMMAND. I don't have that. Anyone able to successfully do this?
Old 11-06-2018, 10:20 PM

2019 C class coupe
Anyone else have this issue? Still unable to get this working.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:56 PM

2019 C class coupe
Update-still no resolution

Went to dealership and they still won't give me a straight answer. Say all these cars are "equipped" with WiFi hotspot but unless I have an "active subscription" they can't diagnose the issue. Issue is not option in menu to even select to activate hotspot. Not sure why I would pay for a service that hasn't worked even during the trial subscription. This is a joke!
Old 01-28-2019, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C 250
I do not think my C250 (imported from MB Germany) EU Specification, have this option, however when first time I use, one day by curiousity I press Red Button on overhead pannel, and my car does ont have any sim card nor wifi, but magically the phone start ringing and on the other side answer "Mercedes Benz Emergency contact can I help you " then I answer, sorry I am in middle east and pressed by mistakes. then I show to my delaer in Middle east, they were surprise this option is not available here, same with Mercedes APP, that you can control your car to start, open windows etc, was working in europe but now all function was disable after I told dealer this. Offcourse as the car here cost 30% more and I bout 30% cheaper and once they remove registration you get 20% VAT Refund.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:59 PM

2019 C class coupe
Still can't connect to WiFi

Well 10 month later, still have not been able to connect to in car WiFi. Taking back to dealer tomorrow. Menu does not have option to "set up hotspot" under connectivity menu. Anyone else have this option showing?
Old 08-25-2019, 01:01 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by MBBoss18
Well 10 month later, still have not been able to connect to in car WiFi. Taking back to dealer tomorrow. Menu does not have option to "set up hotspot" under connectivity menu. Anyone else have this option showing?
Assuming you're in the US, you will have to do this - Mercedes Me Portal -> choose In-Car WiFi -> Top up data volume. This takes you to the page specific to your IMEI (corresponding to your car) where you can activate the free AT&T trial (1-month or 1 GB). More info available here.

I believe once you activate the free WiFi, you will automatically get the option in your headunit/COMAND to configure the WiFi hotspot, and then connect your device to it.

Last edited by Tuxdude; 08-25-2019 at 03:27 AM.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:55 AM

2019 C class coupe
Yep. Did that and set up wifi. But when I went to head unit in car, there was no option displayed in car to connect. That is when I escalated to Mercedes. Do you have a screen shot of what it is supposed to look like in the car head unit to connect? I haven't ever been able to see that since it's not showing in mine.
Thanks
Old 08-26-2019, 08:49 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
I haven't try this on my 2019. As per the manual, it says that the option is under System >> Connectivity >> Set Up Hotspot. However, based on what you're describing you've already tried this and no such option exists, which sucks. If you are able to fix it, do share how you were able to.

Old 01-05-2020, 05:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLC AMG 63s Coupe
Any luck getting WiFi enabled in your car? I’m having same issue as you. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:10 PM

2019 C class coupe
Originally Posted by Mgreenwell
Any luck getting WiFi enabled in your car? I’m having same issue as you. Thanks.
No. I was finally able to see webpages when I opened the in car browser through the menu. But never got the option to 'set up hotspot' in the car and therefore was never was able to see a WiFi connection from my phone to connect to the car. I just gave up. It didn't work for me. And the dealer didn't know what else to do. I'd taken the car more than once and it was just sitting there. I'd rather be driving my car. And once the trial WiFi was over, I would have to pay for a WiFi connection thru AT&T for them to even be able play around with it. I did that once and that's when they got it today least be able to load pages via the in car web browser. But that's it. So when that data expired, I didn't purchase any more since it wasn't working in the first place. Hopefully you have better luck. Please keep this thread updated.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C300 A205
Just give up on the wifi. That's what I did. It's like 3G anyways so more pain than it's worth.
The following users liked this post:
MBBoss18 (12-05-2020)