Anyone who has experienced headrest/seat rattle...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 02:39 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 C300 Coupe AMG Sport Package
Anyone who has experienced headrest/seat rattle...

Was the issue corrected and how so?

My car is in now for this (also, mirrors keep ceasing to fold in, gauge cluster is rattling still after being "fixed" a week ago, outside door strip under the driver and passenger windows is rattling and loose) and they are not wanting to do anything regarding because they have a vehicle exactly like mine on the lot that just arrived and it has the same issue. They are claiming its because various parts of Mercedes are hand assembled therefore things are not as "tight" as machine would have done and that the seats move in all of them.
I told them I called an attorney (which I did, waiting on a call back,) I am tired of my BRAND NEW $60,000 vehicle being in service and having issue after issue!
I told them these cars rattle like crazy and they need to call Mercedes and make them aware, perhaps a mass recall is in order.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:53 PM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
C400
I had a few interior rattles but they fixed it using felt tape.

Otherwise, I've had a great experience with any issue I've had, in fact I had crack in some seat leather that wasn't covered by warranty, but Mercedes hired a local shop to repair it and paid for it anyways. They also replaced my axles with a new design for free (one with warranty, one just because), I mean I've had great luck with them. Is there a different dealership you can deal with? A lot of it depends on how well they convey information to Mercedes I think. Another example is I heard on my C400 there was a silent upgrade to acoustic glass if you had wind noise. I did, I printed out the TSB i found and the the dealership overnighted me acoustic glass and replaced it all for free under warranty. I'm saying, I guess, that Mercedes really does mean "best or nothing", and it sounds like your dealership is the crappy ones here, and I bet Mercedes would like to hear about it directly.

As for saying the L word (lawyer), they might just clam up on you now and you may be better suited calling Mercedes directly. Usually a lawyer doesn't get involved until lemon law requirements are met anyways. I had to get a lawyer involved to go after INFINITI/Nissan for their trash vehicles, and once you even say that word, the service department is usually told not to interact with you anymore.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:09 PM

The car has been in service since I bought it, at this point I feel the car should be replaced as a courtesy much less under Lemon Law.
I went to the dealership this morning and they said they would attempt to figure out the seat/headrest issue.

Mercedes Benz owners shouldn’t be driving vehicles full of felt and lube! That’s far from “The best...”

Last edited by Brittnie Jane; 06-12-2019 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:08 PM

Seat is rattling again! Something in the dash around the center control panel area is rattling off and on and my shift stick is rattling. I am so over driving a $60,000 car that sounds like junk!! I really do not think that I will purchase another Mercedes vehicle again and I've owned three!I am so sick of my brand new car staying in the shop!

And what would be the point in filing for lemon law when the dealership states that all new C300s have the same issues?!

Is this not grounds for a recall of all new C300s?

Old 07-11-2019, 11:10 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Current: '19 E450 Cabriolet - Past: '19 C300 Coupe, '12 SLK350, '16 E350, '14 C250 (x2), '09 CLK350
For the center console issue - I had a similar issue if it's a creaking noise that is tied with body roll when you turn. Turned out to be the A-pillar needed to be removed and some felt placed in there. That was easily the most annoying sound issue and the MB tech identified it immediately after driving around the lot. That was a quick couple hour fix at the dealer.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:51 PM

Not the center console, it's the center control panel area (where the air vents etc. are)
Old 07-12-2019, 10:45 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C class coupe
Originally Posted by Brittnie Jane
Seat is rattling again! Something in the dash around the center control panel area is rattling off and on and my shift stick is rattling. I am so over driving a $60,000 car that sounds like junk!! I really do not think that I will purchase another Mercedes vehicle again and I've owned three!I am so sick of my brand new car staying in the shop!

And what would be the point in filing for lemon law when the dealership states that all new C300s have the same issues?!

Is this not grounds for a recall of all new C300s?
Your car sounds like grounds for lemon law. Why are you not pursuing that?
Old 07-12-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by MBBoss18
Your car sounds like grounds for lemon law. Why are you not pursuing that?
Have not been able to find anyone around who deals with Lemon Law, atty, etc.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:16 PM

I found an attorney. Lemon Law in Louisiana states, 44 days in service within 1 year or 4 times having the same issue and can not correct it. I've owned my car for 6 months, it's been in service 22 days and going back in on Monday. This will also be the 4th attempt at correcting two of the issues.