2019 4MATIC vs 2020 RWD? Which one to get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 coupe
2019 4MATIC vs 2020 RWD? Which one to get?

I'm on the brink of getting a new c300 coupe on short notice after my beloved 2012 c350 coupe was in an unoccupied hit and run. But I can't decide between the two limited options I have based on time frame. Any help on following two graphite greys? Only including some prime differences and not the parallel options for most part, and keep in mind I live in NorCal where it doesn't snow, but rains a bit in the winter.

Option 1: already in lot 2019 4MATIC with beautiful cranberry leather seats, 18" AMG 5-spoke wheels, AMG line, ambient lighting, heated AND ventilated seats

Option 2: on the ocean 2020 RWD with grey textile seats, 19" AMG multi-spoke wheels, night package with black accents vs chrome, heads up display, AMG line, heated seats not ventilated, wouldn't be arriving until November 19ish

Currently renting a car covered by insurance but it would be cut off once claim settled so I would need to arrange a couple weeks+ extra rental myself. I test drove the 4MATIC today. The sales rep claims it only adds a little extra weight to the car and same fuel efficiency. Better traction sounds nice but does it affect cornering and sport performance? Also read that on the long run 4MATIC might cost more to maintain. The leather seats are nice. Can't decide if I prefer the usual chrome accents vs night package, I think I like night a bit more looks more badass but it's not a deal breaker. 2020 a year newer brings that extra value down the road, but 4MATIC and leather seats do too?

Trying to decide as the one in lot may be sold if I don't move on it, and the one on the ocean I need to plan to wait for if I go for it. Cost wise the 2020 is just a tiny bit more. If I could I would get a c43 but it's outside my budget unfortunately. I do like to drive aggressive though cautious. Any thoughts? Thought I'd turn to you experts for some advice, thanks in advance! Yes I'm set on the model unless someone wants to give me monies for c43 😆🙏
Old 11-03-2019, 09:41 AM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
2022 E450 Cabriolet
I like the 4MATIC because it gives a very controlled ,but fast acceleration ,even in wet conditions and snow where I live . Of course the RWD would be more sporty ,but also more tricky in wet conditions .
I also like the 18 inchers over the 19 inchers for their softer ride and less chance of damage on potholes ! I also prefer the look of the 5 spokes .
I didn't get ventilated seats but I would assume that would be a plus in your climate .
One of my favorite aspects of my car is the cranberry leather - its always so inviting !
The 2018 would be significantly less value than the 2019 , but then the red leather , 4MATIC and ventilated seats should bring the values fairly close .
If you can get the 2018 for a bit less I would definitely go for it for reasons mentioned ( 4MATIC, 18inch wheels , red leather, cooled seats )
Old 11-05-2019, 08:52 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C class coupe
Get the 2020

I'd definitely go for the 2020 model. The night package with AMG line is a stunner with the 19 in wheels! Although the 2019 with real leather seats would be nice, and hey who wouldn't love ventilated seats, I'm in hot Texas, I think the newer model year AND the trim line on the 2020 model makes that one a winner in my opinion.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:11 AM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
2022 E450 Cabriolet
Sorry ,I got the model years mixed up - still would prefer the 2019 over the 2020 for reasons mentioned
Old 11-13-2019, 02:52 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Current: '19 E450 Cabriolet - Past: '19 C300 Coupe, '12 SLK350, '16 E350, '14 C250 (x2), '09 CLK350
Just to chime in on the difference between the 18s and 19s w/ AMG Line - it is pronounced difference in ride harshness. I personally have a 2019 AMG Line with 19" multispokes and the ride is one of the harshest I've experienced in a Benz. Also prepare for creaks and rattles as a result.

However, it's also probably the best looking Benz I've ever had, and the one I get the most compliments for, competing with my wife's well-kept SLK.

One year of ownership, still looking back after I park. Either way, you're winning. It's a great car.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:55 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C class coupe
Originally Posted by MoneyVSOP
Just to chime in on the difference between the 18s and 19s w/ AMG Line - it is pronounced difference in ride harshness. I personally have a 2019 AMG Line with 19" multispokes and the ride is one of the harshest I've experienced in a Benz. Also prepare for creaks and rattles as a result.

However, it's also probably the best looking Benz I've ever had, and the one I get the most compliments for, competing with my wife's well-kept SLK.

One year of ownership, still looking back after I park. Either way, you're winning. It's a great car.
I love when you write "still looking back" LOL. Me too! I haven't had a different one so I can compare on the ride harshness. But I can imagine thinner tire, more harsh ride. Beware pot holes etc just protect your rim.