C class c205 rear seat delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 11:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes C300 coupe amg
C class c205 rear seat delete

Hello All!!

​​​​​​I Wanted to do a rear seat delete for my C class coupe 2017, after searching the internet I couldn't find one to buy so I made my own! This works for all C class coupes including the AMG line!!
items: cardboard, 3mm MDF board, foam, fabric, sound dampening foam, staple gun and glue.
here are the results... Very happy with it indeed
indeed.

Step 1 remove the seats... The bottom seat is attached by a plastic bolt in the cup holders... Remove first then its attached by two hooks underneath the seat next to the rear door cards & the storage area either side. remove push the seat in, pull Up.. don't force it. unbolt the metal brackets. Top seats have wires either side unplug them before removal. I kept seat belts etc in & tucked them behind the door cards incase I need the rear seats. Lock the 2 locks at the top where the back seats fold!!

Next use the cardboard to cut out the template and mark where you need to shape it. make sure you take the time to get the measurements right! This part is the most important part! Then use the cardboard templates and outline it on the MDF boards. I used a jigsaw to cut the 3mm MDF, worked like a treat. Once the MDF board was cut I then double checked the fitment in the car first before moving forward. Then from the boot side I measured two brackets to connect the bottom and top together.

Once the fitment was good, I fitted pyramid sound dampening foam to the bottom of the seat area, it's held down by the bolt removed at the beginning. Then I layered the MDF boards with foam, glue and staples then did the same with the upholstery. Top part I used sound dampening on the back of the board also. I then added a rubber edge piece at the bottom to make it a nicer finish. I then connected the bottom and top together from the boot using the brackets with black nuts and bolts.

I am very happy with the finished results.. it took me the best part of the day but worth it! It's easily removed to attach the rear seats back in at anytime! Make sure you lock the two locks at the top of the back seats before installing otherwise you'll get a warning everytime you start the car!!

​​​​

Last edited by brabusaussie; 07-16-2022 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:24 AM
Q43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Measurements

Hey man you don’t happen to have the measurement you used do you? I love the finished product i’d love to do the same to my c205. Either way great work!