C300 Wont Start Getting Tons Of Error Messages

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C300
Exclamation C300 Wont Start Getting Tons Of Error Messages

I have a 2016 C300, it is a category car and I purchased it privately about a month ago, when driving it yesterday I suddenly got the traction control warning light followed by error messages on the digital dash saying 'collision prevention assist plus inoperative' 'traffic sign assist inoperative' then I lost power steering followed by the power steering warning light popping up and more error messages on the digital dash, then the abs and parking brake warning lights turned on, all while I was still driving the car and pretty much this happened within a 5 second period. I pulled over as you typically would and the car wouldn't immediately shut off, pressed the stop start button multiple times had to eventually hold it down for about 10 seconds to get it to turn off.

Left the car off and locked for about 5-10 minutes when I came back the car started fine the warning lights had gone except I had the check engine light and that was it. I drove the car home fine and when I got home I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU and left it overnight. In the morning I reconnected the battery and the car started fine first time, engine warning light remained so I turned the car off and left it for about 5 minutes when I came back the digital dash had turned off and it wouldn't turn off when I locked the car or anything. Then I started getting the same error messages as I got while driving about power steering etc but the car wouldn't turn over all, all the lights worked, inside and out, wipers worked, horn worked, car locked and unlocked fine, tried to manual start with the key fob in the ignition and still nothing.

I have read that there is a 'no start after crash' feature, is there any chance this could have kicked in again?