Retrofit reversing camera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2023, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C-Class Coupe (C205)
Retrofit reversing camera

Hello guys,

I am wondering how to retrofit a backup camera for my C205 coupe. Can somebody help me with the OEM part numbers I will be needing, as well as the topology?

So far, I have found that I will need the following:
- camera: A2179054001 / A2179057901
- swivel drive: A0997500160

When I look at pictures, the camera has the video cable coming out, as well as a 4 pin connector. This seems to match what I can also find in the electrical diagram: 2 connectors, one for video and one for CAN HMI. The colors don't match the ones on images though.

However, if I read on the internet about similar setups, everyone is talking about the camera control module, looking a bit like this:

which I can't seem to find the use for, nor where and how I should connect it. Also the function diagram shows:

Where I do not see this module.

However, in the electrical scheme, B84/3 is the camera, whereas here it is N66/2.

So my questions:
- do I need this control module or is it built-in into the camera (the camera seems to have the CAN HMI connection)
- if I need this module, how should it be connected?
- where can I find the wiring loom to connect everything (LVDS to HMI, CAN to the CAN distributor, swivel drive to rear SAM)? No idea where to find it in EPC
- why can I only find in WIS documents for code 218 (backup camera) except for code 235 (active park assist parktronic)? I do have code 235, however, it should still be possible to have the camera and the parking sensors...

My vehicle is a 205.304 from 2016 (so pre facelift).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards
Old 12-03-2023, 06:35 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
C300 Coupe
Awesome 1st Post ~

Our James Bond Like Cameras coming out the Rear Tri Star Badge are cool, but I oft wondered, man, seems complex to repair if the Door Flap ever malfunctions ~

When at an Automatic Car Wash, I lever up into the Neutral, the Flap opens, I just pray that it closes in time before the swirling brushes come around to the back of car and rip that flap off of break it

I know, nowhere near a helpful reply ~

The Nature of this forum is . . .

Poster posts Problem ~ 100 views ~ not 1 reply

At least you got a reply here, good luck on your retrofit and . . Welcome to MB World !