Bug or software update for disabling the engine start / stop Eco mode?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 C 300
Bug or software update for disabling the engine start / stop Eco mode?

I have a 2023 C300 Coupe that I bought in Dec 2023. Since that time, it has always turned off the engine at stop lights, etc. I know that I can press the "A" button on the console to disable it, but it was more annoying to do that every time I got in the car then to just get used to the engine going off and on.

Anyways, today, I had to run an errand at lunch and I noticed that when I turned on my car, the "A" button is now automatically in disabled mode. I turned off the car and turned it back on to make sure it wasn't a fluke, but it's permanently disabled now.

I got a text message a week or two ago that there was a software update, but didn't read the release notes.

Is anyone else seeing this? Or is there some kind of hidden button sequence I unknowingly pressed?

I'm not DARING to touch that button just in case its a fluke haha.
Old 05-24-2024, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,021 Likes on 779 Posts
G550
Expect there will be a recall about a defective ECO start/stop switch with a tendency to short out and permanently disable the function (lol).

There are other forum posts that describe coding the function off using the Launch Elite 2.0 OBD scanner, if you want it disabled.