Navigation question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2024 | 06:55 AM

EQS 450+
Navigation question

Looking for some help understanding. I just purchased a nice 2020 C300 Cab. Looking on line it seems to make a difference that the car has the wide screen display.
The window sticker provided by the dealer (not MB) has the item "turn by turn navigtion directions", on the driver's screen there is a navigtion icon and there is a nav button on the center console.
There was no SD card so I did research and purchased one labeled as A2139069807 as it was the only one that seemed correct for the wide screen setup.
When I plugged it in nothing happened and I am wondering if the Nav system actually exist and asking if any of you have a car without the Nav system did MB still put the icon and Nav button on the car. Or did I just get the wrong SD card.
Thanks for you help
Old 10-04-2024 | 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
There are two navigation systems for the 205. The entry level one which is SD card based, and the full built-in one with online services that is part of the Multimedia package. The latter does not require an SD card and the maps can be updated online, either via OTA update or via full download and updating from an SD card or USB stick. The navigation button will always be there in the car, but it won't do anything if navigation hasn't been fitted. In order for the SD navigation to work, the car must be fitted with the SD navigation preparation option from the factory. It should say something to that extent on the sticker. If it wasn't fitted with that option, then the SD card doesn't work. I believe if you have the SD card slot, then the option is there, so you likely have the wrong SD card. It's a different system as of the 2019 FL models, so you may have bought an SD card for the PFL version.

I don't have a screenshot of the SD prep option, but here's the Multimedia package option for reference.

Old 10-04-2024 | 06:24 PM

EQS 450+
Thanks. I definately don't have the Command system.
I do have the SD card slot in the center console, along with the wide center console screen. So the remaining question is what SD Card do I need. All the others I find seem to refer to an "Audio 20 (Code 522 System)"
Any further help is appreciated.
Old 10-04-2024 | 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
To be honest, I don't really have enough experience with the SD card navigation system and most people get full COMAND if only for CarPlay/Android Auto support. As far as I remember, the SD card navigation doesn't even have live traffic, so it's a pretty dumb navigation system. Also, the online sources can be shady. The problem is the SD card gets locked to the vehicle's VIN the first time it's inserted, so many of the ones you find online are scams. They have been used before and are locked to a specific VIN, so they won't work in another car. Your best option is to head to your local MB dealership's parts department and give them your VIN. They can order the correct one, or at least give you the part number if you wanna try to buy it online from a reputable source.

Last edited by superswiss; 10-04-2024 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-07-2024 | 09:22 AM

EQS 450+
I am becoming convinced that my car isn't prewired for Nav, dispite the "window sticker" but would like to confirm one way or other. Can someone please confirm that even without the SD card inserted you get some kind of message when you push the Nav button on the dash. My button does nothing and when i select Navigation on my steering wheel the drivers display just says "please wait".
Thanks