C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Need help badly please read

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2005 | 10:17 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need help badly please read

OK his has been going on and I'm sure you might have read my previous post, I washed my engine, BIG MISTAKE and ended up getting water into my #5,6 spark plugs, so this is were I made another mistake I looked at the plugs and only looked at 1-5 because the set screw for the 6 coil had already been stipped (I didn't know you didn't need to take them out at this point) so I only found the water in #5 at this point put everything back together and it still jerked at stops and only stops, so I still was forced to drive it to school and back for a couple more days, so today I found out you can just pull the coil up and it slips right off that stupid set screw, OK so I pull #6 out and yes there is water in there so I'm stoked I think I 100% found the problem so at this point I got brand new pugs at the dealer to through in and dry the water good, no none went into the motor, and put new plugs in and go, it runs perfect at first for like a minute I stop and the jerk is there and even stronger I think, so know I know there is no water in there and new plugs are in and it is worse than before, so I go home put the old pugs in (6month old) and try again, starts off perfect for minute or longer then pull to a stop and same old jerking like at the first. so I come home and think OK maybe the computer is set for the water plugs LOL and know doesn't know what to do with things normal again???? so i unplugged the battery and this is where I'm out right this second, Please give input, I know this was very dumb to spray my motor so I don't need much of that unless good info follows
Old 03-31-2005 | 11:07 PM
Almost a Member!

can't believe I forgot the model it is 1996 C280
Thanks
Old 03-31-2005 | 11:15 PM

2000 C280 Sport (W202)
YOU STUPID SON OF A B**** ...im just messin with ya ok listen my friend had the same problem but a diff. car (2001 mitsubishi eclipse) he tried to "polish" up the engine and got water in all the nooks and crannys...bad idea...it would sputter when hewould accelerate and stall out when he would break...he took it to auto zone and had his diagnostics taken, it was a simple part and i wish i knew what it was but it was NOT the spark pugs...i suggest you do the same go to your dealer if you got $$ if not go to and auto zone and have them print out your diagnostics scan...look up the # on the forum or ask the dealer and your problem should be fixed...should...my friend didnt have to reset the cars computer or nothing...im really sorry i cant remember the part but its a start for ya