C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Question for people needing engine wire harness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2005 | 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info for people needing engine wire harness

My understanding is that most of the harnesses that need to be replaced is because of deterioration of the harness in the area near the plug for the mass airflow sensor. Anyone who needs this and has the round plug going into the mass airflow sensor, mercedes has a repair kit available. This worked on my 95 c220. Part # 1405400036 costs around $110.00. Comes as the plug with about 3 feet or so of the wires with cool wire nut ends. According to the old bulletin from MB where I found this, the procedure pays the technician .8 of an hour. Sorry if this is a known part, but I felt obligated to let everyone know that this $110 part of the harness took care of my rough running issue that the dealership originally wanted to replace the whole harness for. In my mind, this is almost as good as the lubricating the wiper linkage fix.

Last edited by hoxx; 04-05-2005 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-06-2005 | 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 SLK-280
Thanks! unfortunately a lot of us have already spent the 1300 dollars on the new harness. BUT NOT ME!!! ha HA HA HA!!!!

wow
Old 11-04-2005 | 02:45 PM
EKL
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 E320 Cabriolet
Deteriorated wire for the Mass Airflow Sensor

Originally Posted by hoxx
My understanding is that most of the harnesses that need to be replaced is because of deterioration of the harness in the area near the plug for the mass airflow sensor. Anyone who needs this and has the round plug going into the mass airflow sensor, mercedes has a repair kit available. This worked on my 95 c220. Part # 1405400036 costs around $110.00. Comes as the plug with about 3 feet or so of the wires with cool wire nut ends. According to the old bulletin from MB where I found this, the procedure pays the technician .8 of an hour. Sorry if this is a known part, but I felt obligated to let everyone know that this $110 part of the harness took care of my rough running issue that the dealership originally wanted to replace the whole harness for. In my mind, this is almost as good as the lubricating the wiper linkage fix.
Any members tried to replace their deteriorated wire to the MAS with this part number? I called my local dealer and they told me that this part is for older S-Class. Anyone please advise. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2005 | 12:15 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Think about it though, if one part of the harness is damaged, the entire harness is most likely damaged. Maybe that fixes your car, but I have replaced harnesses that the fuel injector wires are just bare touching one an other. The cracking is throuhout the entire harness most of the time and that little "pig tail harness " is probably just a bandaid. Just my opinion,but hell maybe that was the only defective part on your car. I was just saying others might be different. Another common harness is the actuator harness (over looked quite a bit).