C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Location of PCV in M111

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Location of PCV in M111

Mods, please don't delete!

Sorry to put my Coupe question here, but some of your models have my M111 engine.

Okay, I can't find the PCV anywhere. I went to the Benz parts dept, and they can't look it up by that name.

I'm getting oil into my S/C and therefore all through my intake. My best guess is because of the PCV. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear it. From what I can see, there are only two places that the oil could be coming from.

This pic shows the S/C and the plenum removed. One of these lines disappears behind the mounting bracket for the S/C.

As I was saying, one of these two lines is the culprit, I can't see another way for the MAF to be getting to much oil.

Any help is mucho appreciated.

Ed
Old 01-10-2007, 06:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K
You posted this in the 202 forum, so I am not sure if your version of the 111 is the same as in the 202 but on a 202 I would start at the oil separtor and then trace ALL lines running from the separator to check for being unconnected, split (especially at connectors) or plugged up (latter is seem somwhat common).
Old 01-10-2007, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by xvvvz
You posted this in the 202 forum, so I am not sure if your version of the 111 is the same as in the 202 but on a 202 I would start at the oil separtor and then trace ALL lines running from the separator to check for being unconnected, split (especially at connectors) or plugged up (latter is seem somwhat common).
But what does the oil seperator look like? Man I have traced lines and removed things, but I just don't see it. Hell, I don't even see check valves. Just the lines and where they terminate.

I have some additional pics on the below thread. Maybe you can recognize it?

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/177148-location-pcv-m111-engine.html

I know the eninge maybe mildly different, but I'm hoping. My S/C is due in tomorrow, and I want to get this thing done. Jamming the Ford Focus Sucks!

E
Old 01-11-2007, 10:58 AM

C230K
The thing on the back of the black box you showed sure looks like the separator to me and it is different from the w 202 setup. I can even see the oil dripping from it. Follow every tube that connects to that and the tubes that connect to those tubes (valve cover hose, supercharger line, dipstick tube, etc., etc.).
Old 01-11-2007, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The thing on the back of the black box you showed sure looks like the separator to me and it is different from the w 202 setup. I can even see the oil dripping from it. Follow every tube that connects to that and the tubes that connect to those tubes (valve cover hose, supercharger line, dipstick tube, etc., etc.).
Here is where I am at. After MUCH thought on this. I think the system is supposed to work like this.

Oil comes from the Valve cover opening. This oil is then put into the oil seperator, which is the black box that I have labeled with the openings. The oil is suppossed to be returned to the crankcase via the crankcase tube. After all, the crankcase tube is actually on the bottom of the seperator.

It is the seperator that is not working. The seperator is somehow not trapping the oil. So, I think I am going to put it together now. (Ported S/C is due back any minute now)

IF I get the same problem, and I'm sure I will, as I have not changed any components in the system, I am going to first try:

Capping of the outlets from the seperator. Then plumb the valve cover opening to the crankcase line. Do you think there is any danger from say, negative pressure? Will the crankcase end up blowing too much air into the valve cover?

If this makes the car run fine, then I will get a new oil seperator.

What do you think?

E
Old 01-11-2007, 01:43 PM

C230K
>>Oil comes from the Valve cover opening. This oil is then put into the oil seperator, which is the black box that I have labeled with the openings. The oil is suppossed to be returned to the crankcase via the crankcase tube.<<

On the w202, the oil comes out of the bottom of the separtor and then flows via a tube into the dipstick tube where it then drains into the oil pan.

The separator is a pretty simple but nifty device from what I have read. I think about the only thing that could go wrong is for it to get clogged/gummed up or loose vacuum due to a clogged, unplugged or split hose in the whole system that connects to the separator. That is why I was encouraging you to check all of the hoses for one of these problems.

Have you sourced a diagram of your vacuum system to make sure everything is correct and that you haven't missed of the hoses/connections?

Maybe if you post your chassis model/code number (202.xxx or 203.xxx), engine model/code number (111.xxx) and VIN, someone can look up the information for you.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

>>Oil comes from the Valve cover opening. This oil is then put into the oil seperator, which is the black box that I have labeled with the openings. The oil is suppossed to be returned to the crankcase via the crankcase tube.<<

On the w202, the oil comes out of the bottom of the separtor and then flows via a tube into the dipstick tube where it then drains into the oil pan.

The separator is a pretty simple but nifty device from what I have read. I think about the only thing that could go wrong is for it to get clogged/gummed up or loose vacuum due to a clogged, unplugged or split hose in the whole system that connects to the separator. That is why I was encouraging you to check all of the hoses for one of these problems.

Have you sourced a diagram of your vacuum system to make sure everything is correct and that you haven't missed of the hoses/connections?

Maybe if you post your chassis model/code number (202.xxx or 203.xxx), engine model/code number (111.xxx) and VIN, someone can look up the information for you.

Got the ported S/C in from Steigermeir. I ran everything. Looks like i am getting quite a bit of airpressure out of the valve cover opening. Maybe this is where the oil is coming from.

I'm going to baby it tonight, then see about the cost of the oil seperator.

E