C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

by pass alarm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 komp (202)
Unhappy by pass alarm

Hi guys, Anyone able to help me out here. I have a friends c180 202 96/97 it comes with a square key which i understand is the das 2b with 2 red and green l.e.ds in the rear veiw mirror. the central locking unlocks and the green light flashes to indicate that the imobilizer is disengaged.get in vehiccle and put key in ignition, attempt to crank and both red and green start flashing fast. I know that the reciever or whatever in the rear veiw mirror go down and by swopping the mirror with a known good one normally enables the vehicle to start. Not happening in this case. run star test communication with all control modules ok except hfm (engine control module) I dont think there is any problem with diagnostic socket (38 pin in passenger side fuse box) cause wiring has not been touched. so am assuming that engine control module is down. I want to bypass imobilizer so i can eliminate it as a cause of the non start b4 i go and get a new engine control unit. I know that the seperate control unit for the imobilizer is placed in the passenger front footwell behind metal foot panel and were fitted at the dealerships because the vehicles were not built with immobilizers

behind here there is a control module of some sort and two relays 1 black and 1 white removed and checked both relays ok.
question 1. How do i bypass this imobilizer system I know it can be done but i dont know how its been wired in/ or understand the system.I have checked the key fob has red light when pressed and batteries r ok. Very grateful 4 ANY advice