C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

ASR light ON...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 500SEL W140, 1998 C280 Sport, 1996 W140 S500 long
ASR light ON...

hi, I just picked up another benz and on the way home the ASR light came on. Everything feels normal but there is no traction control when the light is on, obviosly. After shuting the engine off and then turning it on the light was gone. After a few KM the light came on again but this time it went off by itself, anyone know what's going on with it???

I also noticed that the power seats do not function properly!! When first i got into the car i adjusted the seats and everything worked fine but after a couple of minutes i tried moving the seats and there was no repsonse at all.
The car sat on the parking lot for half an hour and when i started it up the power seats worked fine, BUT again after couple of minutes they wouldn't move at all!!!!
Help anyone, please!
Old 02-16-2008, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by 1991-300E
hi, I just picked up another benz and on the way home the ASR light came on. Everything feels normal but there is no traction control when the light is on, obviosly. After shuting the engine off and then turning it on the light was gone. After a few KM the light came on again but this time it went off by itself, anyone know what's going on with it???

I also noticed that the power seats do not function properly!! When first i got into the car i adjusted the seats and everything worked fine but after a couple of minutes i tried moving the seats and there was no repsonse at all.
The car sat on the parking lot for half an hour and when i started it up the power seats worked fine, BUT again after couple of minutes they wouldn't move at all!!!!
Help anyone, please!
it could be a ground problem