C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

C230K Flexible Service B Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 ML 500, 2000 A6 2.7T
C230K Flexible Service B Question

Hi Guys, Just dropped my wife's car off at the stealer for Flexible Service B at 52k miles. It is only the third service for the car. I have a 95 993 that I do all the work and maintenance on myself. My question is:

This is only the third service for the car and it is 25k miles since the last one. I know what is included in this service and I am a little worried. It is really just to check things rather than replace them. No fuel filter, check plugs, check brake system, check cooling system, don't even check transmission fluid etc... You probalby know this already. Anyway, it seems like a lot of miles on the car not to automatically change plugs, flush rather than bleed the brakes, flush rather than change tranny fluid (not even changing it - service manager said it is synthetic fluid and does not need changing unless a problem? ), check cooling system, and on and on. What are they actually changing besides the oil and filter? I must be old school but I think at a service at 52k miles the coolant system should be flushed (not just changed), as should the brakes and tranny. Am I wrong here to worry a little. I know the engine gets synthetic oil, but 20k miles on that seems like a lot.

Any help or ideas - or am I just crazy and should I trust the dealer?

Thanx for the help.