C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Bought 97 c280 Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
97 C28
Bought 97 c280 Sport

car has 161+++ has lifetime waterpump life time everything almost though napa gold program guy before me bought everything once so if anything ever goes wrong its a quick swap for a new one pritty smart guy guy was a nuke engineeir ..

car has new plugs new wires new upgraded 16' wheels tires eibach pro springs interiors perfect black everything nice carbon fiber accents i'm so happy..

when i'm driving the wheel lately has been pulling to the right a bit not quite centered

also i feel as though i'm not shifting from gear to gear at the right rpms my rpms are high when it shifts? thought it would shift around 3-3500 rpms?

i bought a weapon r intake hooked it up threw 2 codes took it out then took it to the guy fixed it up changed the oil foound out the oil level sender is leaking wondering if i should replace it or the seal?

i want to hook the intake back up after i get the maf from autohausaz.com thank u god for autohausaz.com what do u think

i want bigger rims maybe mandrus or something elsei want a 18' rim

i also want to install a little spoilerjust a little lip over the trunk
but in all essence of this post the major thing is the 0-60 performance i dont think its right i feel held back and like my trannys not doin its job or something else not sure first 202 defintily not my last
Old 09-10-2008, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300E 3.2
Lots of questions there

First off congrats on the purchase, throw some pics up

Check your tire pressures, if they are all even, it might be time for an alignment, make sure you go some place that routinely works on MB's and knows what they are doing otherwise you'll be paying for another alignment soon enough.

I think I'd ditch the weapon r intake, or fab up some extra piping & heat shield. Lots of hot air getting sucked into your engine

If your sender is leaking you'll have to drain oil anyway, might as well wait until next oil change and do both sender & seal, only like $40 and takes around 5 minutes if that

Most w202's go with the e39 lip off ebay for a small lip. Just check their measurements.

c280 is a heavy car, not exactly a performance machine, it can be put on a diet though if you are willing to sacrifice some luxury
Old 09-10-2008, 02:40 PM

C32, 911 SC
Congrats on your purchase. How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking.

When the engine is cold, it's normal for the tranny to shift at later points. But normally it would be around 3-3500 rpm like you mentioned.

Never ever install intakes on 202, it would almost always throw codes and ruin the MAF.

Have fun in yours, I have mine for a while already and drove 55K miles without any problems whatsoever. Just make sure to change tranny oil before doing any mods.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:45 PM

2004 C230 Kompressor Sport sedan 6 speed manual, 2013 S550 Sport 20" AMG
I have some black 18" HRE wheels for sale that would go good on the car. See the link for pics and details. Fronts should fit the 97 Sport unless you have aftermarket brakes. Let me know. Make an offer...

https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-tires/259311-fs-18-hre-446r-w-pirelli-nero-s-c-clk-slk.html
Old 09-14-2008, 01:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
97 C28
Thanks for the reply

allright ill have the oil level sender replaced only cause u said so.
After installing the new maf the car runs so much better. That weapon R waste of money,sad i paid two hundred bucks for it and its sitting in the trunk.. I paid 4500 came with two sets of rims 5-15'amg's and four 16' monoblocks the car came with extra everything the previous owner took great care of it and the professor before the nuke engineer had it serviced on time every time...car is awsome alignment is exactly what this car needs too i'm glad u said that and tire pressure will be checked pictures will be posted tomorrow evening

I was thinking of replacing the o2 sensors but was told by friends if it aint broke dont fix it ....well i'm not that type of individual i'ma fix it before it breaks and drags something else down with it type...

plus i am thinking of replacing the sport suspension that came org at day one with bilstein sports car does have 161+++ and climbing car runs great thank you autohausaz.com and thank you everyone who contributes in this 202 well being

later

lou

ps thank you lexol!!!and meguirs detailer formula