C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Help Brake Light, ABS Light, Pad Light on!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Brake Light, ABS Light, Pad Light on!!!

My 1996 C220 had the Parking Brake light, ABS light and Brake pad wear sensor lights all come on at once and stay on. Also the car starts to feel like its going to die out after it warms up and the speedo stopped working as well..What could be causing this ? Any advise is really appreciated.

Last edited by mbclassics; 03-24-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:14 AM

ABS light - time for some new pads and/or rotors

dying out - spark plugs and/or coils need to be renewed.

good luck.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K
Sounds like you have multiple issues. There is also a slight chance that it could be something simple and combined like a battery that is getting ready to die (these cars go wacko when the battery gets low) or a faulty overvoltage protection relay (search for OVP). You will just have to start doing some investigating.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:14 PM

C230K
Originally Posted by xvvvz
Sounds like you have multiple issues. There is also a slight chance that it could be something simple and combined like a battery that is getting ready to die (these cars go wacko when the battery gets low) or a faulty overvoltage protection relay (search for OVP). You will just have to start doing some investigating.
Funny you should say that mate. I've got the same car as you.

I had an ABS issue last may, and after taking the multi plug off the ABS pump, and cleaning the contacts, I never seen it again - until now,

The car has been laid up since the end of january (Outside) and the battery has ran flat a couple of times. I retaxed it the beginning of this month, and since ive started using it, the light has been coming on intermittently - but ive not charged the battery properly, only jump started it when its dead.

Also my heater is only blowing warm air out of the passenger side (unless I rev it really hard)

Hoping a good charge/run will sort these issues out as i've got an MOT soon, and it wont pass if the ABS light is stuck on!

Ben