C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Supercharger Servicing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 03:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K
Supercharger Servicing

In order to not hijack the other thread -

Tex07 wrote:

>>by the way, what are you doing about servicing your supercharger?<<

I have not done anything because I don't have that many miles on my car but after 10 years it probably is time. From what I have read, about all you can do is to change the fluid.

The clutch and bearings can be changed but people don't usually do that until they go bad. GM sells the same supercharger fluid for Eaton superchargers for a lot less than MB.

Have you done the fluid change yet? Some people say it is a real beeotch to change the fluid and you have to take the SC out. Others say you can do it in the car. I need to research it more.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 C230 sport
i was starting to think that mbworld's w202 forum is dead! i haven't done it yet, but i'll post pics when i do. anyway, i found this walkthrough:

http://benzguide.com/index.php?title..._Oil_Fill_W202

As for the oil, a lot of manufacturers use the M62, so I was going to try the brand with the cheapest oil (it's all the same oil, supposedly, and GM's is quite inexpensive)

I plan on doing mine every 30k-40k, and it doesn't look very difficult to do.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K
Thanks. I now remember seening that one. I think I actually sent him the first graphic. The WIS doesn't give much information and is rather unspecific. The part about overfilling is annoying because the WIS not exact on at one spot in the filler hole is the limit (and its hand drawn graphic is about useless). I wonder how much of the total you can suck out at any one time. Maybe it is like the radiator that you change it one, wait a few day, change it again to get most all of it exchanged.

I have seen references that the 230K engine (used in lots of MBs in Europe) has used both the M62 and the M45 at times, so I am not sure which one I have in my car.