C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

cyl2 problems. check engine checked.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w202
cyl2 problems. check engine checked.

i have a 95 c280 with 110k miles. new tranny and motor oil. had a light, and got the check engine light checked.. this read the receipt...

background: if i drive for a long time the idle would get REAL bad. it was bad to the point where if you trying to drink something out of a cup i'd be a hurricane in the benz. it would sputter (sounds like a subaru) and there would be really little power. if its a hot day, it'd get close to overheating.

CODE058: Ignition stage Stored 2
T1/2 Cyl.2 discontinuity

what could be the range of problems from good to bad? injectors, spark plug, coils?

my hypothesis is that my car is running really rich maybe in cyl2. Once it runs for a long time it heats up too much and too much fuel is being pumped through and maybe getting the o2 sensor wet creating weird readings? whoever are gear heads, please chime in. thanks!
Old 08-23-2009, 01:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K
How did you have that code read? Usually with these cars you get a P0xxx code. I would expect yours to be a P03xx range code if it was a coil, plug, etc.

Have you ever had the head gasket replaced? If not, are you seeing oil in the water, water loss, water out the tailpipe, etc.?
Old 08-24-2009, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w202
Originally Posted by xvvvz
How did you have that code read? Usually with these cars you get a P0xxx code. I would expect yours to be a P03xx range code if it was a coil, plug, etc.

Have you ever had the head gasket replaced? If not, are you seeing oil in the water, water loss, water out the tailpipe, etc.?
idk what the P03xx code is. it didn't say on the computer he used. the thing he was using was called LAUNCH.

no, the head gasket was never replaced (not that i know of) and what do you mean oil in the water? what water? theres only water if i turn on my AC. no water out of the tailpipe when its warm. it may drip like all other cars on a cold morning or night.