C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Steering pulling opposite way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c200
Steering pulling opposite way

Hi my names Shannon im new to the forum,I have seen this on another post put no one put up how they fixed the problem i have just got my self a c220 and have the same problem as below,any help would be great thankyou,If you have found this problem or had similar please share the light when i got this was told just a bent wheel or tyre but had them looked at and all ok,car was sold as seen so no going back,I just feel in the ice wet its gonna be dangerous.....

Ive noticed that my steering sort of jabs in the opposite direction while turning.

So for example while turning right into my driveway or at even a slight bend at high speeds (on the highway for example), my steering wheel tries applies force in the opposite direction (left). Its not a constant pull...pulls then if I hold it steady it goes back to normal, then pulls again and back to normal.

Im guessing this has something to do with the power steering system, but anyone have any clue?